Performance enhancing- Your experience?

balkan_x

Martial Artist
Hey Guys, I have been taking gear for around 8 years now and just cant seem to overcome the lack of fitness that comes with AAS. Some gear is worse than others, but if you are doing more than just lifting (MMA) the gas in the tank just seems to run out quicker and I hit a wall.

I'd like to hear from those who do a sport, like, boxing/wrestling/MMA/ or anything that involves fitness - what do you do to overcome this? (surely the pro athletes have found a way)

I've done blood work and found my good cholesterol is low, and my bad is high. As well as slightly high BP. I've taken shit loads of fish oil and Garlic, but cant seem to shake it. However, once I come off I bounce back almost immediately..

what do the rest of you do - lipid stabil, reduce water retention etc?

Hey Guys, I have been taking gear for around 8 years now and just cant seem to overcome the lack of fitness that comes with AAS. Some gear is worse than others, but if you are doing more than just lifting (MMA) the gas in the tank just seems to run out quicker and I hit a wall.

I'd like to hear from those who do a sport, like, boxing/wrestling/MMA/ or anything that involves fitness - what do you do to overcome this? (surely the pro athletes have found a way)

I've done blood work and found my good cholesterol is low, and my bad is high. As well as slightly high BP. I've taken shit loads of fish oil and Garlic, but cant seem to shake it. However, once I come off I bounce back almost immediately..

what do the rest of you do - lipid stabil, reduce water retention etc?

I would imagine it depends a lot on the type of gear they run.

Her's what I would think would be the best and worst drugs for fighters.
Best:
low dose Test-P
Winstrol-supposedly helps cardio, and will add very nice lean gains (injectable is said to be superior than oral)
Anavar-Great drug for speed training, no water weight, added joint support
Primobolan-dry gains, good strength gains
maybe even T-Bol if you don't mind a little weight gain..TBol is a dry compound so no worry about water and made me strong as an ox
I have heard of fighters using Halotestin, but I do not know much about the compound
EQ is also supposed to be good for cardio training

Drugs I would think would hurt speed and cardiovascular training:
High doses of test
DBol
Deca
Tren

If I was going to fight again here's a cycle I would try..(not gonna be cheap though)

Test-P 300mg/w
Primo 300mg/w
EQ 500mg/w
Anavar 60mg/d

(wouldn't wanna fight a guy after about 10 weeks of that)

I take serious issue with calling AAS "performance enhancing drugs". For me, they do everything but enhance performance. They increase recovery, attitude towards life, libido etc. But in terms of MMA performance, especially endurance, they are a hindrance. Even at the low doses that I run.

MGUNZ,

We all respond differently, but for me, Anavar is the Devil incarnate. In particular, it makes breathing very difficult. It's as if the "var pumps" carry over into my chest and diaphragm.

In short, I use AAS to improve my quality of life, at the expense of pure athletic performance.

Poly

^^^ Agrreeeeed ^^^
Worste athletic shape I was in ever in aerobically and flexibility speaking was when i was a competive 198 pound pwrlfter or a 202 pound bbldr.
I use and abuse my testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) to, as pointed out by my esteemed colleague Poly ..as it affords me the ability to weather the trial s of aging by allowing me to train, work and have sex like and with..sometime s a 25 yr old...
MGUNZ..not a shot dude..just how it work s for me..
I was booted out of a dive class in college as I could not treadwater at 200 pound s and single digit fat...fuckin emabarrassing.

My jiu jitsu has hit a wall since I started mt test run Before I could go 6 3min rounds on the mat no problem, Now I go less than two rounds anymore I need an AED lol but best believe me breaking out of holds have never been easier

the only sport i play is in the bed room.
i can say with out a doubt in my mind that AAS are enhancers for endurance.
i screw at least 3 x a day on the weekends and 1-2 a night during the week. and these ar maybe 45min to an hour long. thats it for me i'm dead even if i dont cum i'm done. i cant breath the sweat is dripping all over. i just dead.

Thanks guys, sounds like everyone is experiencing the same set backs I am re cardio. For me it's the sparring. As best as I can tell, its the extra weight + the HDL/LDL levels. I'm not 100% out of breath & about to throw up, but I hit a wall - In laymens terms its like my heart cant keep pumping all the blood to all the muscles, so my hands drop and the speed goes out the window - And I get smashed! I guess its like being overweight.

Thanks guys, sounds like everyone is experiencing the same set backs I am re cardio. For me it's the sparring. As best as I can tell, its the extra weight + the HDL/LDL levels. I'm not 100% out of breath & about to throw up, but I hit a wall - In laymens terms its like my heart cant keep pumping all the blood to all the muscles, so my hands drop and the speed goes out the window - And I get smashed! I guess its like being overweight.

I'm just curiouse what are you running?
For me personally I'v used Anavar, TBol and low dose test. All 3 of those IMPROVED my cardio, although we are all different.
Deca and Dbol smashed my cardio though, I couldn't even walk upstairs without being out of breath.

I'm surprised you guys feel like AAS is holding you back performance wise. Look at all the pro fighters that have failed drug tests. If it wasn't giving them an edge would they really be taking the risk?

A relatively low dose of deca (300mg EW) wrecked my cardio. I'm about to run tren and I'm sure it will be even worse. I just try to focus hard on the endurance and cardio between cycles, and focus on strength gains while on.

MGunz - I know what you mean re pro fighters (i wonder if they run EPO or similar?), thats why I was curious. I usually run total test E 500MGs split into bi -weekly injections (2 x 250Mgs), Tren A 300mg weekly, OR Deca at 400mg weekly. Unfortunately Var, EQ are not easily available where I am I can get prop though. Winstrol (winny) makes me tight and joints get sore as well. The start of the cycle isnt bad and I have a pump no matter what I do, but towards the end I hit the wall. I might try some of those OTC cholesterol supps and see if they work.

i can honestly say that ive had nothing but a positive experience while playing football while on cycle. test c and dbol and i ran faster, hit harder, played longer, maybe its just an individual thing....

For football, I agree...

Mr. Sust,

The energy demands of football and MMA are incomparable. Whereas football is primarilly anerobic/alactic, with a lactic component late in the game, MMA is predominantly aerobic/alactic. Ive used gear for both, and I agree that AAS can (and do) increase performance on the field. For MMA, they tend to do the opposite. All of that being said, everybody responds differently.

Poly

Mr. Sust,

The energy demands of football and MMA are incomparable. Whereas football is primarilly anerobic/alactic, with a lactic component late in the game, MMA is predominantly aerobic/alactic. Ive used gear for both, and I agree that AAS can (and do) increase performance on the field. For MMA, they tend to do the opposite. All of that being said, everybody responds differently.

Poly

I'm sorry for bumping an extremely old thread, but I was hoping to get additional input from those who regularly engage in athletics and still have time for some bodybuilding work.

Seeing as AAS generally decrease performance on predominantly aerobic/alactic sports, what do you folks think is the best cycle to follow for the following:

1.) Cross Fit games (endurance, general fitness with more events that focus on explosive strength)

2.) Tough Mudder events (endurance and general fitness)

3.) Parkour (endurance, agility and flexibility)

4.) Olympic Lifting (explosive strength, speed and flexibility)

I'm sorry for bumping an extremely old thread, but I was hoping to get additional input from those who regularly engage in athletics and still have time for some bodybuilding work.

Seeing as AAS generally decrease performance on predominantly aerobic/alactic sports, what do you folks think is the best cycle to follow for the following:

1.) Cross Fit games (endurance, general fitness with more events that focus on explosive strength)

2.) Tough Mudder events (endurance and general fitness)

3.) Parkour (endurance, agility and flexibility)

4.) Olympic Lifting (explosive strength, speed and flexibility)

Bump

Back