Pre W/O Shake and Energy Boost?

Dlove

Product of Test
Ive been playing around with different dieting techniques and stimulants for before my workouts. I wanted some feedback on this.

30 minutes before workout. I drink one scoop goat whey, one scoop BCAA powder, 1 cup oats and whatever fruit is on hand all blended up nice. For an energy boost about 5 or 10 minutes Ive switched to drinking a tea called yerba mate im sure some of you know of it. Great tea. Good for mental focus too for heavy pulls or presses. Then I take another 10-15grams of BCAA powder into weight room and sip it threw w/o. Post workout two scoops of whey another scoop of BCAA powder and a scoop of gatorade.

What do you guys think. I like the yerba mate more than espresso or those junk ass energy drinks.

Currently Trying To Cut.

Last edited:
I never heard of the tea but I am sure its better then most of the so called "energy" drinks filled with nothing but sugar. Everything else looks OK, pretty normal compared to most. Little off from what most would think of, but pure honey gives great quick energy burst and its all natural.

i have a bowl of oatmeal w/ blueberries or cranberries and a 50g protein shake an hour before the gym.

on the way to the gym i drink a sugar free energy drink and right before my warmups i pop an eca stack.

pwo protein/carb shake

i have a bowl of oatmeal w/ blueberries or cranberries and a 50g protein shake an hour before the gym.

on the way to the gym i drink a sugar free energy drink and right before my warmups i pop an eca stack.

pwo protein/carb shake

I don't feel so bad now..lol Sounds alot like my little "ritual" and I've been thinking maybe I'm being a little over the top at times :)

I usually add honey to the yerba mate it is strong tasting. I didn't know the honey help energize.

So you guys think pre-work-out shake oats and fruit and protein powder drinkin it 30 minutes before workout is to soon? On leg day I wait a little longer.

Also you guys dont add gatorade to your post w/o shakes, i hear it's good to get the dextrose in after workout.

Suppin the BCAA powdwer seems to really help it's just a pricey sup.

I usually add honey to the yerba mate it is strong tasting. I didn't know the honey help energize.

So you guys think pre-work-out shake oats and fruit and protein powder drinkin it 30 minutes before workout is to soon? On leg day I wait a little longer.

Also you guys dont add gatorade to your post w/o shakes, i hear it's good to get the dextrose in after workout.

Suppin the BCAA powdwer seems to really help it's just a pricey sup.

you're sounding like a noobie with these questions bro. you've been around for a while. what gives? car crash and amnesia?

1. you come off like a rep for yerba tea. you've mentioned it in numerous threads.

2. i eat/drink my pre workout shake/food 30min-hr before all workouts, works fine for me.

3. i order my dextrose from true protein. i get it in the flavors i want and it's pure dextrose. no added shit. cheaper too. same basically as gatorade.

4. i've never tried bcaa. i just throw creatine and taurine with my pre/post w/o shakes. i think bcaa is overated. just get your protein/carbs in. none of my boys i train with ever use it.

we're jacked btw. :bootyshak

2 eggos with syrup before a workout is best! gives energy rush that lasts and makes ur tummy all warm and happy :baby:

or u could do the smart thing and have an apple and some cottage cheese an hour before ur workout lol

Back