Primetime special!?!

gymlion77

Experienced bodybuilder
Did you meat heads see the primetime special?

This was about the "pill town" in mexico that supplies all the roids and pain killers. Well they showed the story on the kid that was 17 and supposedly killed himself when he came off of roids. This was a very uneducational report that was ment to scare not inform. I am very disappointed with primetime.

Now if they wanted to do a real story about the drugs then they should have completed a few years of research......don't you think?

LION

Just got done watching it. It seems like the horror stories you hear about
AAS are from kids under 20 using them. I cant imagine what I would have been like using gear at that age. I wouldn't be around. Steroids aren't for kids.

gymlion,

I agree with you- that whole story was nothing but crap intended to scare the general public into thinking that steroids drive people to suicide.

If someone is messed up enough to kill himself, then he was messed up before he started juicing- the parents just never saw that side of him.

Also, the prices that the pharmacy was selling the mex juice for was outrageous!! He knew that the people buying had no idea that he was overcharging them for the stuff.

This was a terrible story. I feel sorry for the parents, but you have to blame the kid for not being educated enough with Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) & proper post cycle therapy. I mean, he may have had some issues before AAS, but come on, the kid probably didn't even have any sort of post cycle therapy, much less even know what it was in the first place.

AAS are not meant for kids. It's very unfortunate.

And yeah, I agree that the story was all crap, just bogus propaganda for the public to believe that steroids are all "EVIL".

I mean, come on, everybody knows that this stuff goes on in Mexico. I went on a cruise when I was 21, & people were buying everything from Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) to painkillers with no problems.

The fact is, that the TV station that aired this figured that they could benefit themselves since the whole nation has been brainscrewed with all the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) in baseball all over the news every single week. They figured, hey why not pick up these poor parents who lost a son & take advantage of the situation for the good of the station. Makes me freakin sick man. I really hate it for the parents.

Gotta love the media...<Sarcasm>

What I got a kick out of was some of the statistics they were try to shock people with...

"500,000 highschools kids have admitted to using Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) at one point"

And yet they had only ONE family on there that blames thier son's suicide on the stuff...

"You can suffer dangerous side effects such as acne, extreme mood swings, and a stunted growth rate"

Ok while some of these example are a bit of a bummer, I would venture to say that these are the least of the risks...

I hate to sound like I'm preaching to the choir here, but GET REAL PEOPLE...

This stuff was made for medical reasons, so with that in mind, THEY ARE NOT THE EVIL NASTY DEMONIC THINGS THAT THIS PATHETIC REPORT HAS TRIED SO DESPERATELY TO MAKE THEM OUT TO BE....

ok...I feel better now..

/end rant.

Oh......and its a foreign country leave them alone and worry about what is happening in our country with drugs. We are not going to be able to stop them from doing what they are doing. A waste of money for a program that did nothing but scare the general public!

LION

Back