Proscar and Winstrol

TaeK

Does anyone know the possible interaction between proscar and winstrol. Would proscar some how minimize the effects of winstrol?

Finasteride is a type II 5a-reductase inhibitor which prevents the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone.

If you're not using test you don't need it.

It wouldn't minimize the effects of winstrol.

DRUG INTERACTIONS

"...No drug interactions of clinical importance have been identified. Finasteride does not appear to affect the cytochrome P450-linked drug metabolizing enzyme system..."

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/finas_ad.htm

Last edited:
hhajdo said:
Finasteride is a type II 5a-reductase inhibitor which prevents the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone.

If you're not using test you don't need it.

It wouldn't minimize the effects of winstrol.

Yeah, what he said.
I'm a hair guru too, and I concur.

But will proscar stop ALL hairloss if a person is on test only. Im prone to baldness, will I be able to stop all hairloss from test if I use nizoral, rogaine and proscar?

thanks guys, i just picked up proscar as a precautionary measure, i want to go to the grave with a full head of hair. Im running winstrol as well and just didnt want proscar to inhibit the effects of winstrol.

Anyone ever thought that this whole thing about winstrol and hairloss is just some old wives tale started by ignorant BBs that heard winstrol and DHT are related (as if that means anything in the real world)?

I cringe everytime I read a post where someone says "Winstrol is derived from DHT". I wonder if they really think there are scientists sucking the DHT out of fat bald men and converting it in laboratories into Winstrol for vet use...

Oh well...

dragon06 said:
But will proscar stop ALL hairloss if a person is on test only. Im prone to baldness, will I be able to stop all hairloss from test if I use nizoral, rogaine and proscar?

Proscar won't stop all hairloss in ANYONE, juicing or not. All we can do is try to stack the cards in our favor, in this case by decreasing DHT levels.

Wait wait...Finasteride won't help with DHT from Winstrol but it will help with tes? I don't get it...whether the DHT is converted from test or Winstrol it's still DHT. What about for prostate purposes or this that more estradiol?

Right here. I was just about to mention this. Dutasteride is a type 1 and 2 alpha reductase meaning it reduces scalp DHT and blood serum levels, and it inhibits 92% compared to 70 with Proscar. I used Proscar and it helped a little, I have been taking Dutasteride for 5 months and my pillow hardly ever has hair on it any more ( this is the best way to look for increased shedding) My hair is fuller and my skin is less oily. Proscar should be dumped for Dutasteride. It is being put through trials for hairloss and won't be available until another three years UNLESS you do like many people do and go to Medicalwellnesscenter.com and get a prescription online for 50 dollars. It is 70 dollars a month but to me it is worth it. I know everything about this drug as I have been studying it for a year, let me know if you got questions.:D

$70/mo? OUCH.

Anyhoo, as much as I think finasteride is a complete joke, I've loved everything I've read over the past few years about dutasteride. Glad to see it's finally made it to the market!

p.s. 30% increase in estrogen doesn't bother you? :)

The 19% increase in free testosterone sure doesn't:D Do you have a link for that 30%? Not trying to be a dick.

Hey fellas,

I´m new to the board! (and it´s my birthday, for those who care) :3some:

Did I read the last post correctly? Finasteride increases estrogen levels by 30% and testosterone by 19% and at the same time blocks the DHT from my scalp? I just started taking propecia since I´m prone to hairloss (also for gyno). Planning a cycle on test and dbol. My question is basically, am I f*cked? The test will increase strenght, the estrogen will cause gyno and if I recall correctly, DHT has some muscle building properties which will be blocked by propecia?

Sorry for any bad spelling, I´m Swedish. No flame please, I´m here to learn.

Cheers!

GeneticalChallenge said:
Hey fellas,

I´m new to the board! (and it´s my birthday, for those who care) :3some:

Did I read the last post correctly? Finasteride increases estrogen levels by 30% and testosterone by 19% and at the same time blocks the DHT from my scalp? I just started taking propecia since I´m prone to hairloss (also for gyno). Planning a cycle on test and dbol. My question is basically, am I f*cked? The test will increase strenght, the estrogen will cause gyno and if I recall correctly, DHT has some muscle building properties which will be blocked by propecia?

Sorry for any bad spelling, I´m Swedish. No flame please, I´m here to learn.

Cheers!

Welcome to the board & happy birthday bro !

Finasteride may cause a sligt increase in test/estradiol but that's not really relevant on cycle since estrogen increase caused by Dbol/test will be much higher...
Just take Tamoxifen or an aromatase inhibitor if you're prone to gyno.

DHT contributes to gains due to its effect on central nervous system.
It doesn't have much effect in muscle because it gets deactivated by 3bHSD.

DHT and the Athlete: Is it the Enemy?
By William Llewellyn

DHT and the neuromuscular system

It has been suggested that inhibiting the reduction of testosterone to DHT may not always be a good thing in terms of performance enhancement. It seems clear that DHT plays a vital role in the organization and functioning of the central nervous system, effects mediated by androgen receptors in neural cells. The specific importance of DHT in this area is evidenced by studies showing this hormone has a profoundly greater impact in neural cells compared to testosterone. In one such study it was demonstrated that both testosterone and DHT would result in increased androgen receptor proliferation in neural cells at 3 hours and 7 hours post administration, however only DHT sustained this increase at 21 hours. This strong difference lends support to suggestions that DHT and testosterone effect neural cells differently, perhaps such that the dihydrotestosterone-receptor complex and testosterone-receptor complex might even activate the transcription of different target genes. Others maintain that such a difference in effect would only be due to DHT forming a more stable and lasting complex with the androgen receptor, but the vital importance of DHT still remains evident.

The strong interaction between the central nervous system and skeletal muscles may be of key importance to the athlete, as these two areas interact to form what is referred to as the neuromuscular system. Clearly the ability of the body to adapt to training and better call upon nerve endings in muscle tissue is reliant on the functioning of the central nervous/neuromuscular system. Inhibiting the formation of DHT during a testosterone cycle may therefore inadvertently cause less to be achieved in terms of strength and muscle mass gains. We might also take note of the fact that while the anabolic steroid nandrolone is a stronger agonist of the androgen receptor than testosterone, it is much less effective at promoting strength and muscle mass increases in comparison. It seems logical that the loss of DHT (nandrolone actually reduces to a weaker steroid upon interaction with the 5-alpha reductase enzyme) may have something to do with this outcome. What is obvious is that were androgen receptor stimulation in muscle tissue solely responsible for strength and muscle growth, nandrolone would be a more potent drug than testosterone. Yet testosterone compounds remain the primary mass and strength agents among bodybuilders.

The problem is that once you've blocked the reduction to DHT, a lot of that extra testosterone is going to be aromatized to estrogen.

On top of that, you don't have anywhere near as much DHT blocking estrogen at the receptor either.

I suppose though that as long as your bf% is kept pretty low it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Regarding the 30% I'm just pulling that from memory (out of my ass) from some old study.

" 30% increase in estrogen doesn't bother you?"

In some studies there was little change in test & estradiol.

Eur Urol 1991;20 Suppl 1:82-6 Related Articles, Links

Hormonal effects of a 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor (finasteride) on hormonal levels in normal men and in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia.

Vermeulen A, Giagulli VA, De Schepper P, Buntinx A.

Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital Ghent, Belgium.

Finasteride is a potent competitive 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor, active at a dose as low as 1 mg/day. After a single dose, the effects on 5 alpha-reductase last as long as 7 days. Both hepatic and target tissue 5 alpha-reductase are inhibited. Plasma testosterone and estradiol are unaffected and luteinizing hormone levels do not change. During chronic treatment with finasteride 5 mg/day, the effects on 5 alpha-reductase are maintained. Since the only significant effect of chronic finasteride therapy appears to be 5 alpha-reductase inhibition, and testosterone or estradiol levels are not affected, neither libido nor potency is lost. Testosterone is the active androgen at the muscular level; therefore, muscular catabolism is not expected.

I was referring to dutasteride.

The study you posted was for finasteride.

Either way, I don't care enough to debate it. If you don't want to believe blocking DHT will raise estrogen, then don't. I don't care.

Back