Question on pullinbig routine

hidethereal

ok so here's the routine I copied... Questions under the routine.

Monday:
Squats 2 x 5
Box squats 2 x 4
Leg presses 2 x 5 (pick two of these pressing movements)
Calves (your choice of exercise) 2 x 10

Tuesday:
Wide grip flat bench 2 x 6
Decline medium grip bench 2 x 6
Weighted dips 2 x 10
Upright rows or side laterals 2 x 10

Thursday:
Dead lifts 2 x 5 (or a variation of)
Bent over rows 2 x 4
Reverse grip narrow grip pull downs 2 x 6
Standing wide grip curls 2 x 8

But theres things that I can't do because I have a crappy gym and I need help on changing this up a little... I'm not sure if I can do box squats because i'm using a smith machine and have no box.

The bench at my gym doesn't go to decline so I can't do that, what should I replace it with?

I can't do weighted dips because I have to do normal dips on a treadmill when no ones looking..lol What should I replace with?

I also can't do reverse grip narrow grip pulldowns, all I have is a lat pulldown machine with wierd L shaped handles so I don't think I can do those, what should I replace with?

And lastly can I replace wide grip curls because thay have no barbell just dumbells.

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

for the dips just get two chairs or 2 benches, line them up parrallel, put your feet on one bench, and hold yourself up with your arms on the other. the benches should be spaced far enough for you to dip your but below them. i think its about 4 feet apart. put normal weights on your lap and then theyre weighted dips.

You can PROBABLY use your bench for a box. If you are 5'10 and above many benches will put you at just about parrallel and thats all you really need at this point.

Iron Addict

you guys dont have a squat rack? you can build your own box or use cardio setppers if they have them. thats what we use.

for reverse grip narrow grip wrap a towel around the handles and hold onto that.

your gym dont have any bars to curl with. what are you benching with?

if the gnm dont have bars then go find a gym cause thats not a gym.

i was going to say instead of replacing all the exercises just replace the gym and be done with it. A gym needs to have a squat rack.

I replaced the declines with inclines, hot sure how PB would feel about that? I like them better cause they seem to really hit my shoulders as well as tris. I also replaced the dips with skull crushers, but I don't like it so much. I think I might switch to the 2 bench approach to the dips. But damn sounds like your lifting at a really shitty gym?!

Rules said:
I replaced the declines with inclines, hot sure how PB would feel about that? I like them better cause they seem to really hit my shoulders as well as tris. I also replaced the dips with skull crushers, but I don't like it so much. I think I might switch to the 2 bench approach to the dips. But damn sounds like your lifting at a really shitty gym?!

lol, that's funny. PB, how do you feel about that????? lol

Rules, that's fine. I do incline with this routine because at heavy weights, decline gives my shoulders trouble. Prolly b/c I am alot stronger with decline as well.

Skullcrushers are OK for tris, but the weighted dips are mainly to build the chest in this case, not the tris, so I think your thought about the two bench thing is a good move.

Rules, that's fine. I do incline with this routine because at heavy weights, decline gives my shoulders trouble. Prolly b/c I am alot stronger with decline as well.

Thanks RJH8541.

ya, i'm just gonna go for it and get a membership at a better gym, i hate rec centers, thanks for the advice, now i'll be able to do everything at golds gym.

Rules said:

that routine i posted is just a starting point. as time goes on everyone adjusts it to meet their needs. thats how i feel about it. =0) just dont drop the core work.

what a trooper, like rocky kinda, teraing it up in a barn with some oxen, great job man, improvision is key to success, lol

Back