Rotator Cuff Injury

tjkita

Beefcake
I torn a muscle in my right rotator cuff. My doc said to ice it after each workout and when it hurts and after a couple of weeks it will be better. The problem is it's taking forever to heal. I can't do chest, inclines, declines, shoulders, shrugs, etc. I can only do legs and some back exercises. My doc said to do some more shoulders to build it up, but when I do it hurts. I'm currently on a test/deca cycle, about week 5 or 6.

Take a week break from everything bro. Ya your wasting gear but your gonna waste a whole lot more if you don't let it heal. Take a week off. Or it will rake twice as long to heal. I hurt myself and is give it a few days and try again. I kept rehurting my shoulder. So a stopped everything for a week. You nay not think that lifting your legs puts a strain on a lot of your body but it does.

Thanks

Thanks Bigherm. Maybe I will take a week off, or at least from lifting and do some cardio. I know they say that deca is good for joints but I guess not for muscle injuries.

Hey tjkita, you can also look at it this way. This may be an opportunity to develop awesome calves, quads, glutes and even some lower back.

I am on week 4 of a shattered ankle and although still on crutches, I decided to start a cycle because I was wasting away and figured it would provide some added benefits including increased appetite, feeling happier and of course getting some of that muscle back. For me, this is an opportunity to develop a killer upper body before summer! 600lb squat, here you come!

Weeks in

Thanks for the reply Chase. I do think that seeing it's early in my cycle, one week won't hurt too much. Not to mention I could use more work on my legs and cardio. I just hate not going to the gym, the guilt kills me. Good luck with ur recovery.

Take a week break from everything bro. Ya your wasting gear but your gonna waste a whole lot more if you don't let it heal. Take a week off. Or it will rake twice as long to heal. I hurt myself and is give it a few days and try again. I kept rehurting my shoulder. So a stopped everything for a week. You nay not think that lifting your legs puts a strain on a lot of your body but it does.

very good advice,i know from experience,take a break or you will regret it,cause you dont want surgery brother,trust me,ive lost a year off heavy training,just from a torn labrum,bone spurs and inflammed rotator cuff

Back