shin splints

bigdawg1468

About 3/4 of the way through my second cycle of Test, Deca I suffered from major shin splints and now doing my third cycle of Test,eq, Fina it is even worse. I can't even rollerblade or play hockey for more then 5 minutes without being in major pain to the point where I can barely stand.

Anyone else suffer from this? If so what can be done.

I drink crazy amounts of water and take all the right vitamins so it is not a cramping issue.

Any ideas, this is driving me crazy!

shin splints just need to be worked out. its from running in bad form, ie flat foot not rolling from heel to toe. i had them in basic training just ran through them with the help of ibuprofen. i get tight shins now when walking long distances because of getting a pump in those muscles. thats going to happen just like when you pump up your tri's your shins do the same. they get tight and full of blood. its going to happen when your on. just do stretches for it before and it wont be as bad.

Yep, me too.
I had them bad, and for some reason it was worse on the right side, when i used to run everyday.

Now, the only running i do is to the fridge!

POOF!!! NO SHIN SPLINTS!!!!! :p

A way to also help alleviate the pain is to take several Dixie cups and fill them with water and freeze them... then when the pain hits..take the Dixie cup and tear of around the edge and then Ice down the shins... helped me a lot

Jay C said:
shin splints just need to be worked out. its from running in bad form, ie flat foot not rolling from heel to toe. i had them in basic training just ran through them with the help of ibuprofen. i get tight shins now when walking long distances because of getting a pump in those muscles. thats going to happen just like when you pump up your tri's your shins do the same. they get tight and full of blood. its going to happen when your on. just do stretches for it before and it wont be as bad.

I have had them from running before but never from skating or rollerblading like I have been lately.

I will try and stretch them out before this and see what happens. It gets to the point that I can barely stand up.

bigdawg. i began to have horrible shin splints half way through my tren/winny cycle. it made running impossible so i resorted to a bike. i coulnd really cure mine, but i hope u can cure yours. good luck bro

I had then bad when I ran here is the trick 45 mins before you go running or whatever tske 3 asprin not anything else ASPRIN it will thin the blood and aleviate the pain do this for about 3 weeks then try with out it and you should be good that is how I got mine worked out I would get them so bad I would have to stop wherever I was and sit I couldn't even walk they were so bad.

bigdawg1468 said:
About 3/4 of the way through my second cycle of Test, Deca I suffered from major shin splints and now doing my third cycle of Test,eq, Fina it is even worse. I can't even rollerblade or play hockey for more then 5 minutes without being in major pain to the point where I can barely stand.

Anyone else suffer from this? If so what can be done.

I drink crazy amounts of water and take all the right vitamins so it is not a cramping issue.

Any ideas, this is driving me crazy!

I hate those fuckin shin splints. I think that gaining alot of weight all of a sudden really has alot to do with getting shin splints. i never had them till i jumped from 194 to 237. Towel stretches seem to help alot and also just ice therapy.

Get some ace reusable bandage wrap and wrap your shin fairilt tight before you rollerblade and i bet that may help. It has seemed to help me some.

Go see a podiatrist and he can fit you for orthodics. i had them and the orthodics fixed them completely. Other than that, rest them up, stretch properly before AND after exercising, take an advil after exercise and ice.

i am having these same problems.i run a few times a week and as soon as i started with my tren it hit me hard.even walkiing too fast for too long will give me shin splints bad.i havent found any way to get rid of them.biking is more or less the only way for me to do cardio.i have heard that apple cider vinegar before a run works well but i havent tried it yet.

It is not all from bad form. What you are running on, stress on them etc causes them.

Just get yourself some better sneakers, ice them, stretch and thats all you can do

Freeze a paper cup of water and use that to ice up and down them

ITS THE STERIODS and weight gain, I played basketball and half a season, started a cycle and 3 week in had shin pumps/splints like no other, tried everything. No luck yet.

horrible advice..

iv had shin splints most my life.. and "working through them" is never the best bet..

u need to see a doctor... my shin splints, i found out, was caused by my flat feet.. simple insoles corrected not only this problem, but my back pain and posture issues...

i have to put insoles into every shoe i wear, and i have to buy new ones every 3 months..

well worth it..

as for your being in pain right now.. forget about putting pressure.. u keep it up and you'll end up with a stress fracture in ur tib/fib... not a good thing at all..

it's time u see a podaiatrist...

Back