sleep help?

joetrice

thanks for looking. I know good sleep is important to my training regimen, but i must be an insomniac, b/c i never sleep well. any OTC supplements that you guys/gals know of that could help me out. any help will be greatly appreciated.

I've been having sleep problems but that is probly cause of my snorring problems. So now I sleep on my size which is hard to get used to. Some sleep aids will help put you to sleep but that doesnt mean they will keep you alseep for the entire night.

Melatonin did nothing for me at various dosages. Valarian root is just nasty; dont take it if you have a gf or wife. Was also useless.

Melatonin has helped me sleep through the night, but has never really made me sleepy or drift off to sleep any earlier. However, it does let me sleep 8+ hours without waking up. 3mgs is enough for me.

krembles said:
Sleep Aid sold at Wal Mart three or four bucks. Over the counter.
Never checked WalMart but I get mine at Target. 32 50mg tabs for $4 bucks. Just cant beat that. You have to take it on an empty stomache or it wont work.

thanks guys. when im offshore on the rig, i sleep like a baby. when im at home, i never sleep, no matter what i do throughout the day. ill try the sleep aid. thanks again.

Melatonin,valarian root,5-htp, zma, chamomille tea(sorry for spelling). one of these should help. also if wou don't take zma take calcium vit c garlic or zinc cause the last 3 will boost test a little too.

ZMA...yes

Im currently takin ZMA right now and it helps me sleep like a log. Also, while it helps with the sleep side it boosts your Test. levels naturally so you cant beat that. Only bad thing that I notice from it is a bit of acne, probably due to the Zinc that is in it. peace!

If you do not want to use medicines or supplements you can try to lower the room temperature somewhat...

It also helps if you combine this with dimming the lights one hour before you want to go to sleep.

Do NOT watch television in the hour you want to go to sleep. It overstimulates the brain

TPH76 said:
If you do not want to use medicines or supplements you can try to lower the room temperature somewhat...

It also helps if you combine this with dimming the lights one hour before you want to go to sleep.

Do NOT watch television in the hour you want to go to sleep. It overstimulates the brain

Good advice.

here in california (aamongst other states) we have this great thing called medical marijuana. got my perscription specificaly for insomnia....

I would just be hungry all night, Marijuana spikes my appetite far too much. I would probably eat my pillow in my sleep.

Aboot said:
Melatonin has helped me sleep through the night, but has never really made me sleepy or drift off to sleep any earlier. However, it does let me sleep 8+ hours without waking up. 3mgs is enough for me.

solcraft said:
here in california (aamongst other states) we have this great thing called medical marijuana. got my perscription specificaly for insomnia....

smoking pot does the opposite to me. it gets my mind going and then i can't sleep for hours

Back