Sleeping pills

GOON

I have enoufgh trouble trying too go too sleep and when i start my clen cycle i dont think i will be able too sleep at all, does anyone have any recomendations on what too take or what I can do too help me sleep.

'Sup doode.

Im currently taking clen.

I take EAS ZMA HP (its only 12 bux for like a 2 month supply), and 10mg of melatonin at bedtime.

I feel like I get a more restful sleep when I do.

Also, I was taking these before I started clen. I, like u had some sleep problems. I dunno if it was anxiety, or becuase I was coming off of eph, or what, but they defninitely helped. I was only getting like 4-5 hours of sleep a night prior to supping with them.

damn, you need to get more sleep.

make sure you're not taking any clen past noon, and cut the caffeine at that point too.

I don't like reliance on sleeping aids, but occasionally I will take a valium, they are prescribed for insomnia but can be habit-forming.

Last edited:
AustinTX said:
damn, you need to get more sleep.

make sure you're not taking any clen past noon, and cut the caffeine at that point too.

I don't like reliance on sleeping aids, but occasionally I will take a valium, they are prescribed for insomnia and are not physically addictive...

Let me clear this one up. Diazepam (Valium) and all its kindred benzodiazepines, are physically addictive. It may take a while, but the withdrawal can be a bear!
I'd stick with herbals or melatonin.

Or, possibly go to you doctor, mayeb try some ambien under his guidance

Buffdoc,
Whats your take on Ambien?

buffdoc said:
Let me clear this one up. Diazepam (Valium) and all its kindred benzodiazepines, are physically addictive. It may take a while, but the withdrawal can be a bear!

They are also supposedly quite hard on the ol' liver too.

RoadHouse said:

Buffdoc,

I took Ambien and was very impressed. It relaxes mind and body without feeling any drowsiness the next day. I woke up feeling great. Plus they KEEP you asleep as well.

buffdoc said:

Yep, sorry for the mis-information, I'll edit that out. For some reason I thought they could be psychologically habit-forming, but not physically.

---
DO NOT EXCEED THE RECOMMENDED DOSE or take this medicine for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor. Exceeding the recommended dose or taking this medicine for longer than prescribed may be habit-forming...

RoadHouse said:

Buffdoc,

Ambien has a little less addictive potential than the classical benzodiazepines; I have seen some doctors get fucked up on it, meaning addicted and psychotic (taking extra doses in the middle of the night and not remembering the next AM, etc).
Take care w/ this one too, as well as Sonata. The drug companies have historically done this with sedatives and stimulants: "the new, improved, non-addictive alternative to..." ( name of old, off-patent drug here). Marketing startegies, not necessarily facts.
Usually better to stick w/ herbals if possible, or use the drugs short-term and/or intermittently only.

Since I started my cycle I have been up all night, every night. Not even 5 soma will knock me out. I tried all Herbal remedies, benadryl, melatonin, and everything else over the counter. During my last cycle I took trazadone and slept some with it. This insomnia is the worst side effect for me, by far.

Buffdoc, do you have any other ideas?

compman said:
Since I started my cycle I have been up all night, every night. Not even 5 soma will knock me out. I tried all Herbal remedies, benadryl, melatonin, and everything else over the counter. During my last cycle I took trazadone and slept some with it. This insomnia is the worst side effect for me, by far.

Correct me if im wrong, isnt soma just a muscle relaxer?

compman said:

Stop all caffeine; even AM doses have been shown to interfere with sleep cycles.
Don't exersize late (after 6PM).
Trazodone's usually a good one for restorative sleep. Some feel zombied the next day, but after a few days the side will usually pass through.
And, although I hate to say it, some folks need some carbs in the evening, and less protein (excitatory amino acids vs serotonin release).

Roadhouse,

Soma is classified as a muscle relaxant but it works differently than all others. Instead of working on the muscles directly it works on the brain and relaxes the CNS causing drowsiness. Secondly, it metabolizes as meprobromate, the chemical in Milltown, an old drug used as a sedative/tranqualizer.

Does melatonin make anyone else break out into acne?

I just got a few on my back within 2 days, and Im trying to figgure out what triggers it. Im thinking its either, melatonin, or I need to start showering at the gym before I go home. :( I hate showering at the gym. I feel like such a :gay: bringing all these tolietries into the shower area.

There are a few over the counter ones that work for me when I can sleep, but I cant train in the morning as they leave me drowsy for a few hours upon waking.
I sometimes use: Nytol, gravol, nyquil, and the ones that have the same ingrediant as tylenol pm's. I try to only use any of these only when absolutely necessary as they can be habit forming

I second Trazadone.

I believe any sleep meds can become habit forming.

Stay away from the Benzo's as these can be nasty. I know of people who went to rehab just for xanax, val's and klonapin.

Try 50 mg's of trazadone 30 minuites before bed. Try to never go above 150 because it loses it's drowsey effect and switches into anti-depressant mode (or so the Doc tells me)

Back