temporarily infertile while on gear?

old timer

brazilian jiu-jitsu guy
have any of you guys( or do you know people) that while on gear have been infertile, and then when they went off of gear..they came back to normal(being fertile again) is this common?

I have heard of this happening, I have also heard some who were on large amounts of gear and remained fertile, while some others have become permanently infertile due to their steroid abuse. Just what I've heard though...

outlawtas2 said:
I have heard of this happening, I have also heard some who were on large amounts of gear and remained fertile, while some others have become permanently infertile due to their steroid abuse. Just what I've heard though...
I've never heard of anyone becoming permanently infertile. There's been some cases where it takes months of post cycle therapy (pct) type therapy to bring everything back to normal levels but permanent? not that I'm aware of.

I had a good friend that was "on" for over two years, about 3/4 of it on tren which we all know is VERY suppressive. He had an epiphany and stopped everything cold turkey, not even a day on post cycle therapy (pct) (stupid obviously). It took him 6 months to recover to the point that he could get his fiance pregnant so imagine how much easier it would've been if he did a proper post cycle therapy (pct).

Last edited:
sperm levels on some people can be mucked up bad same as sex drive but i believe this to be very much down to the individual. Your sperm count may be severly cut due to the gear, however you only need one little sperm to do the job and seeing as we produce millions the chances of your sperm count being hindered that much is doubtful.

The more likely outcome is if you are trying to concieve your sperm count will be zip but the night you want to be infertile your gonna be pumping out some super strenght tadpoles!

I have heard several times of guys who got there old lady pregnant while on cycle. Believing they would be infertile, they didn't use birth control. I think it greatly minimizes the likelihood of pregnancy, but I don't think it is guaranteed.

I believe the general concensus is that you can father children while "on" but that the chances of doing so are definately reduced in all men and a certain percentage are temporarily sterile while "on" but recover after stopping their cycle.

DocJ said:
I've never heard of anyone becoming permanently infertile. There's been some cases where it takes months of post cycle therapy (pct) type therapy to bring everything back to normal levels but permanent? not that I'm aware of.

I've only heard one guy, at he was on the TLC documentary "The man who's arm's exploded". He was also a complete tool.

outlawtas2 said:
I've only heard one guy, at he was on the TLC documentary "The man who's arm's exploded". He was also a complete tool.
LOL! Now that I think about it, yeah I remember that guy! What a crazy show that was...

so basically....

so what you guys are saying is that knowing my history.....(using high levels of test for a year and a half), that while on it my sperm count is super low i cannot get my woman pregnant , but when i get off of it, i will eventually get my fiance pregnant from my natural test levels getting back to normal. (if i take pct...it would be a faster process)

is this right?

should i start taking hcg now during my cycle to keep my body prepared to get back to normal? (then i would go on pct)

old timer said:
so what you guys are saying is that knowing my history.....(using high levels of test for a year and a half), that while on it my sperm count is super low i cannot get my woman pregnant , but when i get off of it, i will eventually get my fiance pregnant from my natural test levels getting back to normal. (if i take pct...it would be a faster process)

is this right? YES

should i start taking hcg now during my cycle to keep my body prepared to get back to normal? (then i would go on pct) YES

while on it my sperm count is super low i cannot get my woman pregnant , but when i get off of it, i will eventually get my fiance pregnant from my natural test levels getting back to normal.

I've heard or read at a few different times about how taking high doses of test can cause you to become fertile again, as the levels of testosterone in your circulating blood will be high enough to trick your leydig cells into thinking the testes are producing testosterone. Considering how everyone claims to have heard of a heavy juicer or two that have gotten their wife/girlfriend pregnant while on large doses, I'm inclined to believe it's possible. I guess they might have gotten lucky with the timing of a dose of HCG instead, but I doubt it.

Back