Time on = Time off.......explain !!

Ozzy27

Olympian Bodybuilder
I wonder if there is some scientific evidence for equaling time on and off ? If so, can someone post it in black and white ? Or is this just everyones opinion ? What I'm saying is.....if you end a cycle and you do the proper post cycle therapy (pct) and your body recovers faster than someone elses , why can't someone jump back on , say after a month of ending post cycle therapy (pct) ? Just curious.....I really want to see some research on this. Thanks

Peace Oz

IMO, it is just a good "rule of thumb", because the ONLY way to know for sure is to have blood work done to take out the guess work.

StoneColdNTO said:
IMO, it is just a good "rule of thumb", because the ONLY way to know for sure is to have blood work done to take out the guess work.

SC is correct as usual..i get blood work done and depending on what i run on the cycle, with blood work checked, i was able to start a cycle with 6 weeks in between instead of waiting 10 or 12 weeks or whatever it is i was running at the time..

...if you have insurance, and a decent doc, then all you have is the copay..for me 10 bucks is well worth it...

E

2 major things:

1. gives ample time for most drugs to get out of your system (please note this does not mean detection as compunds like deca can be detected for up to 18 months post use)

2. gives your poor body ample time to rebound and resume normal hormone balance and production before you blast it again.

2a. (cause I am too lazy to edit) allows your receptors to clean and be more sensitive when you re-introduce hormones on your next cycle, hence making the required dose less and more effective.

as far as gains go, your body needs a break, it cant keep growing all the time, so the more time you take off between cycles the better you will grow. Myself, I dont take much time off anymore and it gets harder and harder to put on size

Fayde said:
2 major things:

2a. (cause I am too lazy to edit) allows your receptors to clean and be more sensitive when you re-introduce hormones on your next cycle, hence making the required dose less and more effective.

I for one do not believe in that whole receptor down regulation theory.........your other two points were very good, but I just gotta question this one.

StoneColdNTO said:
I for one do not believe in that whole receptor down regulation theory.........your other two points were very good, but I just gotta question this one.
You don't beleive in it because it is bullshit. :)

My thoughts on the subject:

Why time off equals time on is faulty logic.
If we lived in a world where each of us were identicle with identicle matabolisms and each of us ran the same cycle time and time agin. We could develop the perfect cycle which would run for X weeks and in which recovery would take the same amount of weeks.

But each of us is a unique individual with different matabolisms, constitutions and different goals therefore we all run different cycles.

If we were to subscribe to the theory that 'time on equals time off," then a six week cycle that consisted of 200mgs anadrol ed and 2 grams of test a week, would require no longer of a recovery peroid than a six week cycle consisting of 500mgs sus per week.

Time off should be determined not by the duration of the previous cycle, but on factors such as precieved htpa recovery, blood tests for liver and kidney function as well as blood lipids. Blood pressure, etc. Goals.

Lets say that you went on a eight week cycle, but eight weeks later your liver enzymes are sky high and your lipid profiles are horrible. It would be attempted suicide to do another cycle at this time.

Another example is a person that ran a 26 week cycle has been off for 6 weeks is motivated and has perfect liver, kidney, and blood lipid profiles. No high blood pressure or other signs of medical problems. That person is prime to run another cycle if he or she so desires.

So please people, before you blindly advise someone "time off equals time on" consider the varibles.

StoneColdNTO said:

I also believe that androgen receptors do not down regulate but increase in number as the muscle mass increases and new satalite cells are formed, therefore often we require larger doses of androgens to stimulate more growth.:)

liftsiron said:
My thoughts on the subject:

Why time off equals time on is faulty logic.
If we lived in a world where each of us were identicle with identicle matabolisms and each of us ran the same cycle time and time agin. We could develop the perfect cycle which would run for X weeks and in which recovery would take the same amount of weeks.

But each of us is a unique individual with different matabolisms, constitutions and different goals therefore we all run different cycles.

If we were to subscribe to the theory that 'time on equals time off," then a six week cycle that consisted of 200mgs anadrol ed and 2 grams of test a week, would require no longer of a recovery peroid than a six week cycle consisting of 500mgs sus per week.

Time off should be determined not by the duration of the previous cycle, but on factors such as precieved htpa recovery, blood tests for liver and kidney function as well as blood lipids. Blood pressure, etc. Goals.

Lets say that you went on a eight week cycle, but eight weeks later your liver enzymes are sky high and your lipid profiles are horrible. It would be attempted suicide to do another cycle at this time.

Another example is a person that ran a 26 week cycle has been off for 6 weeks is motivated and has perfect liver, kidney, and blood lipid profiles. No high blood pressure or other signs of medical problems. That person is prime to run another cycle if he or she so desires.

So please people, before you blindly advise someone "time off equals time on" consider the varibles.

absolutely....thats why i get blood work done..if my body is ok, then i am good to go...

E

See....liftsIron's point is one I believe in. If the body says go, then go !! Not time on = time off. Your point sounds alot more logical then just someone repeating what they have heard around the boards. I always questioned when I saw someone giving the advice time on = time off , if my blood tests are normal then why shouldn't I be able to start another cycle if I choose to. If an individual is having blood tests before , during and after a cycle , then all precautions are being applied and if the individual is clear then I say....cycle on. :)

As far as receptors being cleared......everyone has a different amount of receptors and that is why one may grow more than another person on the same exact gear. This was the opinion of a friend at the gym who gets bro's ready for competition shows. I believe this too.

Ozzy27 said:
See....liftsIron's point is one I believe in. If the body says go, then go !! Not time on = time off. Your point sounds alot more logical then just someone repeating what they have heard around the boards. I always questioned when I saw someone giving the advice time on = time off , if my blood tests are normal then why shouldn't I be able to start another cycle if I choose to.

But you are missing one very BIG point here !!

We all know that the majority of guys cycling DO NOT get consistent blood work done, so what else are you supposed to tell them, knowing full well that they will not get blood work done, hence the rule of thumb....time on = time off.

Ozzy27 said:
I always questioned when I saw someone giving the advice time on = time off , if my blood tests are normal then why shouldn't I be able to start another cycle if I choose to.

So are you saying that as long as your blood work comes back Ok, then you never have to come off.........cause that's what it sounds like.

StoneColdNTO said:
So are you saying that as long as your blood work comes back Ok, then you never have to come off.........cause that's what it sounds like.
Well , I personally won't stay on constantly. I think if my blood work even came back fine , I will still take breaks between cycles , just not as long as I've been on though.

And I understand that MOST guys have not even gotten blood work yet , they really should to be safe. Hopefully those who haven't will start , even if they take time off and do the proper post cycle therapy (pct). I think it would be more important to push getting blood work done before , during and after a cycle than telling them time on = time off. Thanks for pointing that out SC.

Peace Oz

i think time on= time off is dependant on the person, i did that between my first cycle and the one im about to start, but i never felt shut down at all, or anything bad.... i think it should be on how you feel, but at least like 8 weeks... i don't think it should include post cycle therapy (pct), so like if you do a 12 weeks cycle and do 4 weeks post cycle therapy (pct) then stay off 16 weeks, thats what i usually see SC posting, but thats easy to say when your on Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) :D easier said than done... i would think 8 weeks unless you don't feel back to normal for a while, then wait a while....

StoneColdNTO said:

Well actually in theory yes, but we know that if we stay on gear, other than Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) levels of test, our bloodwork will not remain unchanged forever. I also concede that unfortunately many Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) users never get blood work:(

Back