Tito/Chuck predictions/analysis

muddy

I recently watched both the Randy/Chuck fight and Randy/Tito fight and used these fights to base my prediction. Chuck really got beat by Randy where Tito seemed to be more dominated, but never hurt. Tito always seem to come in tip top shape, where Chuck seems to vary from fight to fight, so I give Tito the nod on conditioning. Chuck should get the edge on experience, since he is the more active of the fighters. I think the real winner will be the fighter who can improve his game from his previous outings. Tito has shown that he will indeed improve himself, by taking the Frank Shamrock fight for example. He gassed in that fight and since then he is a cardio machine, where I can't see a difference in Chuck from the Randy and Rampage fights, so I give the edge to Tito on game plan. I think Chuck has the more iron jaw of the two and probably the more heavy handed. I think if Tito can avoid the Chuck haymaker he will win by JD or ref stopage by gnp. What is everyone else's thoughts here?

I'm kinda hoping Tito will beat Chuck by ref stoppage due to an intense ground n pound session....heheh....but I think it will be Ortiz by decision.:)

I have mentioned to people beofre that I have trained with Quinton Jackson and actually had the opportunty to train with Tito once( although we barely spoke). Quinton admits regularly that Tito basically used to own him during training, so it is hard for me to believe that Tito will not be able to punish Chuck the way that Rampage did. Especially considering that there will also be a cage involved with this fight. The only way I see Chuck winning is with one of his wild overhand rights

Well, everyone on here was wrong. Pwned. It's okay, i thought tito would win too.

Tito didn't look like himself in that fight. He was more timid then i've ever seen him before. I'm thinkin that one was fixed or something.

Ortiz had it coming. Also I think Liddel would own him every time, as would Couture. Ortiz is a great wrestler but when he comes up against guys with great take down defence who can also bang a bit then he is unstuck.

Uk Boy said:
Ortiz had it coming. Also I think Liddel would own him every time, as would Couture. Ortiz is a great wrestler but when he comes up against guys with great take down defence who can also bang a bit then he is unstuck.

Yep, you're exactly right. And that is why Ortiz's career as a serious UFC competitor is over. He hit his pinnacle in the Ken shamrock fight and it's been nothing but a down hill slide since then.

Back