To much protien?

Exactly, everyone is different. When the gains stop THEN you have a reason to question things.

Mudge said:

What is not used, is converted to carbs and then fat - not expelled, you dont piss out protein.

Not the truth bro. A lot of it is shitted out unless your low on carbs and fat and you may store it. The body doesn't like to store protein for energy.

Not what I've read, but I am not a scientist so I dont know first hand. Protein is supposed to be very easy to break down, and favorable before using fat as an energy source, just as carbs are more likely to be burned before fat. I have not heard of any appreciable quanity of food turned into nothing but waste.

I will say this: When this subject came up on Elite, I was one of the people who said that anything over 1g/lb is a waste. But then I only gained about 10 lbs on my last 8 week cycle, so maybe I should reevaluate my position.

There's so much info or more appropriately misinfo out there who really knows what the truth is. I think we can all agree that it is a process only learned through trial and error which we must each do ourselves.

Wow theres a lot here to comment on...I, for one, do not agree with the massive amounts of protien some take in. I dont think you can expect your body to take in much more than 40 grams per meal. If one eats every 2 hours (minus 8 hours at nite to sleep), thats 320 grams of protien a day. I believe most ppl gain more when they take in so much protien is because their calories are so much higher.

Your body also has a way of evening shit out. People who live in high altitudes use oxygen more more efficiently than those at sea level. The same is true for protien. This is why, lately, I've been cycling. A couple days of really high amounts of protein, then a few at lower amounts.

There is no way you can change the amount of protien your body extracts from the food you eat. When you are 200 lbs, your body can absorb just as much protien as if you were 250 lbs. The difference is how efficiently your body uses the protien. Here is where the cycling comes into play, again.

Personally, on my high protien days I take in more shakes in addition to my meals. On my low days, I take in no shakes and eat as much as I can.

Everyone has there own way of doing things. I have always eaten well, I am just hungry all the time now. I thanks for the imput from everyone. I think I am going to stay with what I am doing. I may be shitting it out, but atleast I know that I have gotten enough. Thanks again.

this might sound strange but approxiamately 70% of my daily protien comes from whey protein shakes. i eat every two to two and a half hours. if its not food its 40 grams of whey with 10oz of lowfat or skim milk.

im a bachelor and i don't like to cook. breakfast for me may consist of a protein shake with milk ( 50 grams of protein), some Grapenuts cereal and an apple. i don't worry about choking on disgusting egg whites. whey protein has a higher biovalue and it taste better.

i am aware that whole food is important especially to help increase your metabolism. i usually have ground sirloin on wheat or chicken breast sandwiches. i drink plenty of water because i ingest around 400 grams of protein a day ( boy i cant wait until i get some gear).

eating like this works just find for me. i have made some awesome gains. since im not a big eater i prefer whey protein. i couldnt imagine getting 50% of my daily protein from meat. talk about constipation. the extra fiber that youll need will really make you feel full. then you wont be able to eat as often.

From what everyone is saying, it's as if one could eat an extra 2000 calories of day of protein and not gain a single ounce of fat because all the protein is either going to be turned into muscle or shit right out. (With no mention of protein being used for energy or stored as fat).

I just don't buy it.

i generally try to get at least 250g protien per day...usually quite a bit more...too much is hard on the kidneys, but drink minimum of a gallon of water/day and you should be ok...

DTOX said:
From what everyone is saying, it's as if one could eat an extra 2000 calories of day of protein and not gain a single ounce of fat because all the protein is either going to be turned into muscle or shit right out. (With no mention of protein being used for energy or stored as fat).

I just don't buy it.

Not what I'm saying. You will store excess protein as energy stores (fat), but not all of it because the body doesn't like to use protein this way.

excess protein is converted or makes uric acid and/or converted and stored as fat. uric acid can be toxic to the kidneys, but buy staying well hydrated you should be ok. i dont think most of us are TOO worried about our kidneys. just drink plenty of water ( not too much at one time because it can be hard on your kidneys). more is not always best, but i feel for me, in this case i would rather take too much protein than too little.

please correct me if im wrong about the uric acid. this is something that i read. i am far from a doctor.

xtinct said:
I will say this: When this subject came up on Elite, I was one of the people who said that anything over 1g/lb is a waste. But then I only gained about 10 lbs on my last 8 week cycle, so maybe I should reevaluate my position.

I dont think we can apply bulk rules like this to people, some really make good use of low protein, I myself stopped gaining even OFF cycle at 1.2g per pound, a natural guy and dietary expert (certifications and been around the block much longer than myself) told me to up it to 1.5-1.6, he goes over 2g when bulking. Everyone though is diff, if the gains stop or are damn slow, re-evaluate.

Uric acid = piss, I believe its acidic to keep you "clean" but I'm sure if it sat in you for a week it would be a bad thing, it is a waste product after all.

Are you guys also aware that an excess intake of protein can cause your liver enzymes to go up, your heart to work harder, kidney problems and extra uric acid in your blood that gets stored in your knees causing athritic type symptoms? Drinking a lot of water does flush most of the excess out of your blood but protein still can harm you when taken excessively.

yeah just like eating to many flinston vitamins can be unhealthy. But how much it to much. Does anyone really know the answer to that in english not a cut and paste from another site.

the average formula is 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. my experiences are such that if you workout and are doing cardio then that is an insufficient amount of protein. i believe it should be around 1.75-2g/pd of lean body mass in order to gain the max amount of muscle during your cycle

The right answer is not going to be the same for everyone. With as many health freaks that use high protein in 2g+ per pound, that back it and know thier shit, I dont expect I'll be eating some amount that is going to make me drop dead. Alot of these people are those that wont even touch gear, so if anyone is worried about health in the long term its them.

Back