Up close & personal with Kenny Florian by Lacey Sachet

doublewiz

Community Veteran, Admin at IronLife.com
Up close & personal with Kenny Florian
by Lacey Sachet, Team IronLife.com Staff Writer

Training_01.JPG

Pictures courtesy of KennyFlorian.com

Kenny Florian's optimism and hard work ethics are wonderful to see and his depth on a personal level is very apparent in this interview. When asked who or what gives him inspiration his reply was, "I find inspiration in many things like books, movies or people I meet. Anyone who has overcome great odds to be successful gives me inspiration. Great motivational sports stories are always the best." You really can't help wishing the best for this guy because he's evidently oblivious to the inspiration many derive from him and his humble, confident approach to life magnifies his other good qualities.

• Name - Kenneth Florian
  • Age - 29
  • Height - 5’ 10”
  • Weight - 176 lbs.
  • Top strength - Being well rounded
  • Grappling record - 57 wins, 14 losses, 42 wins by submission
  • MMA record - 6-2
  • Best Accomplishment - Beat Mike Swick 103 consecutive times in chess.
  • Occupation - Pro fighter and instructor
  • Website - www.kennyflorian.com

TUF_01.jpg

Pictures courtesy of KennyFlorian.com

- Lacey Sachet/Team IronLife.com: Hi Kenny! Please tell our Ironlife.com readers about Kenny Florian the person. Things such as your birthplace, family, interests through your school years and the jobs you held growing up.

Kenny Florian: I was born in Westwood, MA a suburb of Boston. I am one of six children and come from a tight-knit family. Both my parents were born in Peru, South America. I grew up speaking Spanish and English. I lived pretty much my whole life in Dover, MA and we were probably the only Latino family in town. My father is a physician and always taught us the importance of hard work. He is an optimist who believes anything can be accomplished if you dream big and if you work your ass off enough to achieve your goals.

I have held a bunch of different jobs. I worked in landscaping, was a teacher’s assistant, host, worked at clothing store, tutor, painted houses, worked in the financial services industry, janitor, manager at an indoor amusement place for kids. The last job I had, I was a senior project manager for the Financial Division at a Translation services company. I did that for 3 years full time. Now I fight/train and teach for a living and I absolutely love what do.

To read more please click here: http://www.ironlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66563

Back