Were you scared doing your first injection?

Cunt Hunt

Kay bros.....start my first cycle ever this Sunday......and although I'm prepared...gear,PCT,pins,etc......I'm actually feeling nervous about giving myself my first injection.

Any of you have butterflies? And how did you get over it? I have no problems with needles at the Doc's but this in on a whole new level now.

I should have practiced with Vitb12 shots I guess. But I honestly didn't think I'd have a problem.

shoot a quad first so you get the hang out it... i was super nervous my first time, but once you get the first one done you'll be looking forward to the next one

Yeah bro I sweated like a mofo.

Up till that point I Had always had someone do it for me , but there comes a time when you need to do it ya self.

Now I look foward to pinning lol so it does get easy with time :)

I just did my first ever yesterday. Glute shot with a 23g 1.5". I wasn't very nervous at all.

There was literally no pain...not even really a pinch.

i always had someone do it until one day I got lazy and manned up. Wasn't bad....it's hard reaching ur glute though.

JizzleBerries said:
I just did my first ever yesterday. Glute shot with a 23g 1.5". I wasn't very nervous at all.

There was literally no pain...not even really a pinch.

too big man, get 25g needles.

Since when is 23g too big? I use 22g myself and never have any pain or marks so certainly 23g is fine. Some people aren't afraid of a thicker needle bud.

Well I go 22g in glutes and 23g in delts or anywhere else and see no reason to go smaller. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Hell no, but I have been trained to give myslef IV's in the dark and with NVGs on, so this is a piece of cake

Me and my buddy decided to try some gear, neither of us had ever given anyone a shot before. He decided to take the shot first, I was more nervous about giving one than getting a shot, but he was sweating. He clinched as I started and the pin only went about halfway in and he started cussing. LMAO, I'm laughing now just thinking about it. I let go of the pin i was laughing so hard and all he could do was curse me and the more he cursed me the funnier it was to me the whole time that needle half in his ass, it kinda wiggled when he would yell at me. I had tears rolling down my face i was laughing so hard. I finally composed myself and gave him the shot and when we get together today for a beer I still bring that shit up to him and he gets P#*@%D all over again.

the only time i get a lil nervous is if i acc. hit a nerve in the quad. boy, after that ur hopin the next spots all good. im pretty vascular so i gotta be careful even with quads bout vein stabbin too.

The only thing that sucks is finding out where all your nerves are. My right quad is always safe but my left gives me trouble constantly. You get used to it. Glutes are hard unless you are real flexible or something. I have my wife do glute shots for me.

capospo said:
Since when is 23g too big? I use 22g myself and never have any pain or marks so certainly 23g is fine. Some people aren't afraid of a thicker needle bud.

It aint a matter of being afraid bud. It's a matter of after you do 3-4 cycles you're gonna be chock full o' scar tissue. Especially if you run a real cycle like prop/ace and have to shoot ed/eod.

I_feel_nothing said:
too big man, get 25g needles.

I second that. As a matter of fact and some might dissagree but i got some 27g pins by misstake so after drawing up i put the 27g pin on and shoot in to my delt and my trap and my tries and wow was it nice. It was a bit hard to push through the pin you must be patation but it will go. A 27g pin i could have shoot through my toe if i needed to. But for me 25g is the norm

Last edited:
I don't see a reason to use 22 or 23 gauge to shoot, unless you just like being able to brag about it. 25 g works fine, it just takes a little while to push the oil through sometimes.

rocko419 said:
I second that. As a matter of fact and some might dissagree but i got some 27g pins by misstake so after drawing up i put the 27g pin on and shoot in to my delt and my trap and my tries and wow was it nice. It was a bit hard to push through the pin you must be patation but it will go. A 27g pin i could have shoot through my toe if i needed to. But for me 25g is the norm

If you use EO you can easily get away with 27g for places like tris / bis / delts. Probably could pull off 29g.

Back