Westside Rules

ME SQ/DL

Susp GM's 36"
425x1
455xmiss
455xmiss
i worked on keeping the bar over the knees ratehr than squatting the weight upfelt it much more in my posterior not to mention the lower bar positon makes this muc harder

Pull-thru
190x10x4

Reverse Hyper
triple choked Purple
3x12

Ab Crunch Machine
210x10x2

I almost had a SS bar for free tonite..doesnt matter ive located one that ill be able ot use whenever i want so im gonna include these a lot more in my ME work

ME Bench

Floor Press
365x1
315x1
365x1
i fuggin hate these couldnt get the bar in a good spot..blah blah

Paused Bench
225x1
315x1
365x1
315x1x3
225x5

dunno why tried some reverse grips
noting special need to work on them

CSR
5plx6

DE SQ/DL

Speed squats
335 + Green 8x2
the first 4 sets fuggin sucked
sets 5-8 were completely different it was as if i took 50 lbs off the bar..

Speed Pulls
335x1x4
365x1x4
these were feeling really good with the new stance..
If sumo is a good stance then why cant you compromise with your conv stance and not go so close?? at least for us fat guys

hammer High Rows
6plx10x3

Ab Crunch machine
170x15x3

DE Bench

Speed Bench
155 + doubled Minis
8x3

CG Decline
225x20

Side Laterals
up to 30'sx10

CSR
3plates x12x3

Preachers
2x12

ME SQ/DL

SS Bar Bent over GM's
assuming a bar weight of 65#
385x3
245x5
295x3x2
wow are these fuggin hard..the weight is so far our in front of you no choice but to get that back strong!!!!

Zerchers
135x10
225x5
315x2 dropped bar i was fuggin shot anyway
225x5

Partial Deads
315x10
405x10x2

Shrugs
585x10

Ab Crunhc Machine
170x20x2

Last edited:
ME Bench

2-Brd Press
315x3
add shirt
405x3
455x3
500x1
550x1
wanted to take 585 but needed better spotters so i stopped there
500x3 full range kinda hard
raw 315x5

Lockouts (no wraps)
up to 525x5

Pul downs
4x10

Preacher Hammer
3x15

I like the two board work with the shirt, but i usually drop down after my singles and hti them.

jcp2 said:
I like the two board work with the shirt, but i usually drop down after my singles and hti them.

honestly i didnt like the boards with the shirt..the 550 felt just as hard as 540 all teh way down..makes no sense lol im just trying a bunch of shyte

i think im pausing too long on the board getting no stretch reflex at all-but that has its advatages as well i guess

DE SQ/DL

Speed Squats
365+Greens
5x2reps
405x2
425x1
455x1 I guess its a PR never been that heavy with bands before..weight felt good came off the box fast stalled a pinch then just blasted it up

Speed Pulls
335x1x8

Reverse Hypers
triple chocked purple
3x15

pullinbig said:
bb where you missing your deads when you miss one?

dont you sleep?? lol

i seem to miss around mid shin if i can get the weight to the knees i can lock it out..Havent tried a heavy pull with the slightly wider stance but i will soon..

ive also noticed the close stance pull seems to aggravate my knee just like close squatting then again my buddy has been telling me that im starting way to low and trying to squat the weight up from an almost parallel position..i know thats how some teach teh pull but i can tell you toes straight forawd and slightly wider stance i feel 10 times stronger with the hips higher up as well..

dunno? its all a puzzle and i gotta find the right pieces :)
merry Xmas bubba

you tried sumo?

i start in a fairly high position on conventional deads as well. i have fairly long arms so it helps.

pullinbig said:
you tried sumo?

i start in a fairly high position on conventional deads as well. i have fairly long arms so it helps.

yes i uplled sumo at the meet..but again my form was all shitty and the weight was rather light..

i thin i have an inbetween build arms about avg length..nothing is really standout dont have long legs or a short torso etc..

i think my start position was all fucked up..the guy i bench with is a really good puller 720@220 ..hes semi retired now lol but we started pulling together and hes helping me fix some flaws and that was the first thing he said..

im gonna flip back to conv but i wil work both sumo/conv and see which yields a bigger pul for me

:)

thats nice you have a good puller to help you. you got the strenght to pull some good #s. jes gotta get the kinks worked out.

pullinbig said:
thats nice you have a good puller to help you. you got the strenght to pull some good #s. jes gotta get the kinks worked out.

thnks Bubba..i really dont see why I cant pull 600..like you said its working the kinks out and finding my groove..
:xmas:

jcp2 said:
start pulling, stop doing GMs except for accesory work.

Im pulling more sweety
i did 2 weeks in a row of ME pulls lol
they will alwys be in the rotation i was dumb for leaving them out especially as i was gainng weight..but ill get em :)

Back