What Foods Lower Test levels???????

popkorn275

Steriod Monster
Does anyone have a list about this? i know foods like red vines and twizzlers do but what else? I shearched and came up blank. :dunno:

Foods can lower your test? I am interested in hearing about this. It does make sense though. Your body reacacts to everything you put in it.

Soy Raisis estrogen Ive heard that, and also that licorice lowers test levels, but licorice is damn good.

Popichulo said:
Soy Raisis estrogen Ive heard that, and also that licorice lowers test levels, but licorice is damn good.
im pretty sure there is a diff between licorice flavored candy that is commonly available and real licorice

DADAWG said:
im pretty sure there is a diff between licorice flavored candy that is commonly available and real licorice

Well licorice like "redvines" SIR!
2630-AA_prod.jpg

Glycyrrhizin and Serum Testosterone Concentrations in Male Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
Michiaki Fukui, MD1, Yoshihiro Kitagawa, MD1, Naoto Nakamura, MD2 and Toshikazu Yoshikawa, MD2

1 Department of Endocrinology and Hematology, Osaka General Hospital of West Japan Railway Company, Osaka, Japan
2 First Department of Internal Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan

Address correspondence to Michiaki Fukui, MD, Department of Endocrinology and Hematology, Osaka General Hospital of West Japan Railway Company, 1-2-22 Matsuzaki-cho, Abeno-ku, Osaka 545-0053, Japan. E-mail: sayarinapm@hotmail.com

Extracts of licorice root are widely used in many countries as flavoring agents, breath fresheners, and candy. Licorice consumption had been reported to decrease serum testosterone concentrations (1). An explanation for this result was that glycyrrhizic acid, the active component of licorice, interfered with 17ß-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, which catalyzes the conversion of androstenedione to testosterone. We were very interested in the effects of glycyrrhizic acid to decrease serum testosterone concentrations. Glycyrrhizin, which is extracted from the roots of the plant Glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice), is widely used for the treatment of chronic hepatitis in Japan and reportedly reduces the progression of liver disease to hepatocellular carcinoma. The efficacy of glycyrrhizin treatment is currently under investigation in Europe (2). There are few data available on the effects of glycyrrhizin on serum testosterone concentrations (3). We have recently reported that reduced serum testosterone concentrations could cause insulin resistance (4) and atherosclerosis (5) in male patients with type 2 diabetes. Therefore, we attempted to determine the effects of glycyrrhizin on serum testosterone concentrations in male patients with type 2 diabetes and chronic hepatitis.

James M. Dabbs, Jr., Anthony E. Karpas, Natalia Dyomina, Jennifer Jeuchter and Amanda Roberts (Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA, USA, Institute of Endocrinology, Atlanta, GA, USA, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA, USA) 2002, 30 (), 795-806

In two randomized double-blind placebo-controlled experiments, 63 normal nonclinical men and women received treatments designed to raise or lower their testosterone levels. Sixteen
men and 17 women applied testosterone or placebo gel to their skin for five-day periods, and 13 men and 17 women ingested capsules of licorice extract (which lowers testosterone) or
placebo for four-day periods. Subjects described their feelings on daily check lists, wrote paragraphs summarizing their experience, and completed implicit-attitude measures.
Testosterone increased arousal and hostility, and licorice decreased energy and positive affect. Reactions were stronger among women than among men.

Red licorice isn't een licorice. There's those koala things you can get that have lots of licorice but otherwise I wouldn't worry.

popkorn275 said:
What Foods Lower Test levels???????
I'm a bit curious why you are asking this question. If you are trying to avoid foods that will lower your testosterone, then all the power to you. But if you are trying to lower your testosterone on purpose...

I would speculate that not taking in the calories, minerals and vitamins your body needs might have a negative impact not only your testostone levels, but your body as a whole. Taking in toxins might do the same.

But I don't know if eating a certain food will bring your testosterone levels down. Maybe if you can somehow raise your estrogens, they will increase the negative feedback on your hypothalmus, ultimately lowering your testosterone, but I don't really know.

Last edited:
Back