What gear did Arnold take?

I would bet money on it....there is no way he needed calf implants..That's my thought bro but everybody has their opinion...

I read somewhere that arnold only weighed 235lbs when he was in the best shape of his life. Not sure how true that is. but comparing him @ 6'2 235 is not nearly as impressive as gunter weighing ~300 at 6' or so. Although I do agree that the old school bb had more impressive physiques.

compman said:
How come none of them have gyno? That's what I can't figure out. If I took 60mg of dbol at one sitting I'd have to stop off at Victoria secret before the gym.

u guys worry about gyno too much these days. its all i hear. do things in moderation and u'll be fine. u have many years to train.

xtremethickness said:
I read somewhere that arnold only weighed 235lbs when he was in the best shape of his life. Not sure how true that is. but comparing him @ 6'2 235 is not nearly as impressive as gunter weighing ~300 at 6' or so. Although I do agree that the old school bb had more impressive physiques.

there is a definative outlook on yesterdays and todays BB's i like the look of the old schoolers but seriously. looking at someone like Cutler or Preist. these guys look amazing. i know i will not acheive that look cause that is too harsh for me. but i strive to look like the guys in Arnalds book, seems more easier to obtain and not look like a total juice monkey.

This is the difference,

Cutler could walk down the beach and girls would not be jumping on him, saying "what a hot bod!" More like a look of disgust. (most girls, not all). Arnold would walk down the beach and every girl would think that his body was perfect! He had a bodybuilding body that appealed to everyone. That is the difference between the guys back then, and the guys now!

Trendkill, you obviously are not gyno sensitive to gear, otherwise, you would be singing off the same sheet of music as many of us.

I am sure that Arnold had calve implants and I am on a never ending quest to find his plastic surgeon so I can call him GOD! Then sign myself up on the list for a brand new pair of the "Arnnie Specials!":D

Why do you guys believe arnnie had calf implants. That seems ridiculous.

Also I agree,

Old Skool BB's > Modern Chemical freaks

GFI said:
There are is no way that Arnold and Lou had calf implants! He had those calves at 19....

I thought it is well known Lou F. had calf implants..
I heard Arnold acually had silicone injections directly into calves in 70's..

If you look at some of his younger pics he had very, very small calves.

Probley lucky if 15" in some older pics. I think being tall many BBr's had implants but will not admiit to it.

I researched calve implants and found that some plastic surgeons use a method that makes the implants look huge and good. Underneath the implants on both sides they place deflated balloons. After the implants are settled in and healed, they can inflate the balloons giving that bulging effect but still definition. Over time to look more natural, they can inflate the balloons more(not sure if they fill with saline or...)a little at a time so it is more believable to people.

Maybe if others are interested too, we can get a package deal and go together!

Last edited:
There was a very unusual funny moment and that happened with Arnold, Ken Waller and myself. Now this is the truth and it’s really off color but it did happen. All 3 of us were in Arnold’s car as he pulled over on Wilshire Blvd. to offer a girl a ride. She got in and he said I have to stop home for a moment. We all went upstairs and I was mixing a protein drink in the kitchen and the girl was reading an article in a magazine as Arnold and Ken both walked out of the bedroom naked. Arnold proceeded to walk up and stick his penis right in the center of the fold of the magazine so she couldn’t miss it. She looked petrified and I was laughing so hard I almost choked. He stood there waiting for a response and she was frozen in fear. Finally she got up and darted out of the door. Arnold and Ken started laughing hysterically. It was really funny but I felt sorry for her.

I couldn’t believe that they actually did that.

Time moved on and we trained together for many years. He was always in control of his life and one day we drove out to Weider’s office. He wanted a check from Joe and grabbed Joe’s checkbook, filled in the amount and made Joe sign it. Joe would come down to the beach on weekends and train with us on Sundays. He’d grab the 65 lb. dumbbells and then started doing curls cold. He was pretty strong for a guy who really didn’t work out as much as he preached he did. Most of his photos were airbrushed to look like he wanted. I will say one thing about Joe; he was a workaholic and made that magazine what it is today. Nothing got past him.

After our workouts, Joe would take us all out to lunch and discuss the new products that he had coming out. He would advertise them before he would make them to see if sales warranted developing them. I guess he didn’t want to risk the investment.

The connection with Arnold and Steriods has never been publicly stated, but back in those days, everyone that competed was on something. At that time Winstrol was good and worked well for me. It gave my skin a shine and really cut me up. Then of course the original Dianabol and Deca worked wonders together. Arnold and Franco would bring their supply from Europe. They had the best. Primobolan and Dianabol was what they used at the time. I got all of that I needed from them. Franco would give me the shot as it was a preloaded needle about 3 in long. Shit! Scared the hell out of me. But, the results I got from their stuff was awesome. I blew up and got really hard on it.

I don’t know what all Arnold took other than D’bol, Deca, Primo, Test and Cytomel for cutting up. He didn’t take all those at once but throughout the year. He also trained hard, but didn’t over train. Basic exercises were used and nothing elaborate. It worked along with a high protein diet, fats and low carbs. On the weekends we would go to House Of Pies and pig out on sugar. Then crawl away from the table bloated.It’s also no public knowledge that Arnold had calf implants, but all of us at the gym knew it as one year, he had no calves, and then that summer after a trip to Europe , he came back with them..

Last edited:
DangerousGrounds,

You and I both know that no matter how good your genetics are, you can't build calves like that in one summer. No joke bro, if I could find his doctor I'd fly to europe to get mine done. I remember in the movie Twins, when he was wearing long shorts and walked away from the camera, his calves were buldging! I have been obsessed ever since...

He definatly got em done he always had small calves and still today when not BB his legs are not very big but his calves are still bulding out. Now once a weak point if you were to see Arnold today with shorts you would be amazed at his calves as they will stick out over other of his bodyparts.

This is very rare for a tall person whom had no calves at one time to just maintain big ones yr round without hard work all the time on em.

I know if I work mine all the time heavy they get decent but soon as I stop they shrink back.

Many docs in us perform this sugeries to many rich, actors, models ect. It is a fairly common operation.

Last edited:
xtremethickness said:
You are correct my friend! My little piece of insperation sits in front of me on my wall as I type this. It's a photocopy of the two pages in his book "Education of a Bodybuilder" where on one page Arnold is doing a side-double bicep pose with a twist at the waist and on the other are his top form measurements and they are as follows
Arms ~ 22"
Chest ~ 57"
Waist ~ 34"
Thighs ~ 28.5"
Calves ~ 20"
Weight ~ 235lbs
Height ~ 6 feet 2 inches

But nowadays pro BB's focus on how big they can get to the point of being too big IMHO! Arnolds generation wanted to be big, cut, and symetric. And I personally would prefer Schwarzenegger's body over Gunter, Nasser, Ronnie, or Jay's body anyday!

u yanks and ur roids y take em to look like an ape wit a pole up ur arse and a plank across ur back r u afraid ta work a little in da gym wit out a little prick in ur ass ur only cheating ur self .:flipoffha

Back