What gear did Arnold take?

Yes, I have this book too. Arthur Jones measured Arnolds right arm at 19.5 inches. So, that 22 inch crap is ridiculous... Also a 20 inch calf for Arnold is only after implants.

I have researched this topic for a while and Muscular Development had a great article on Arnold’s presumptive stack in the April 2011 issue. The theme of the article was that more is not better for today's pros.

The presumptive cycle looked as follows:

Weeks 1-5 600mg/wk of Primobolan Enanthate and D-Bol @ 60mg/day
Weeks 6-10 800mg/wk of Primobolan Enanthate and D-Bol @ 80mg/day
Weeks 11-14 1,000mg/wk of Primobolan Enanthate and D-Bol @ 100mg/day
Weeks 15-17 800mg/wk of Primobolan Enanthate and D-Bol @ 80mg/day
Weeks 18-20 600mg/wk of Primobolan Enanthate and D-Bol @ 60mg/day
BRIDGE
Weeks 21-26 D-Bol @30mg/day and Deca-Durabolin @ 200mg/wk
After week 26, start week 1 again.

Notice no PCT or Aromatase inhibitor (AI).

The bridge was not enough to restore natural production, so who knows how messed up he got afterwards with his pecker. But, he must have been on some good test to get that ugly ass maid knocked up.

Also, note that the ratios during cycle are constant….this could have minimized the effects of gyno.

Finally, it is well known that Lou had calf implants when he returned at the Olympia (1992 I think?). No confirmed evidence of Arnold, though.

Hope this helps

Daaamn that cycle looks intense. So no time off? How did that not shut them down. With no post cycle therapy (pct). Hmmm

Well no one here said that we want to know what they took so we can do the exact same thing. And its obvious that noone has the same genetics as arnold. as far as drive goes, you don't know any of us to say we don't have drive ;)

didnt use any test for sure... no bodybuilders did until the mid 80's

thats funny because test was the 1st synthetic steroid invented , it was used by the soviet block to kick our ass in the olympics , thats why the U.S. government had dbol invented.

you guys would be better off guessing lottery numbers than what arnold took , youve got just as good of a chance getting it right.

info
True Beginning:
To trace the history of steroids as we know them today we must first go back to 1931, to a German chemist Adolf Butenandt. By this point it was understood, largely thanks to Berthold the importance and effects of male hormones but it was Butenandt who first found a way to pin-point and purify the hormone androstenone; he did so by extracting the hormone from a mere few liters of urine. This was a groundbreaking achievement and only the beginning of the breakthrough, as the next several years would see anabolic steroids truly birthed and evolved.
Shortly after Butenandt’s accomplishment another fellow German chemist Leopold Ruzicka developed a means to synthesize the hormone making it safe for human use. Shortly after this breakthrough the snowball was put in place and in 1935 Ruzicka along with Butenandt compounded the first batch of synthetic of testosterone. (3) This was without a doubt the dawning of the ages when it comes to anabolic steroid use and the history there of. The discovery was so profound both Butenandt and Ruzicka were awarded the 1939 Nobel Prize for their work in chemistry. Wrap your head around that; a Nobel Prize was awarded due to anabolic steroid science; as we perceive anabolic steroids today that is mind-blowing!

Research would continue and by the late 1930’s the first injections of testosterone-propionate were administered to humans and in the Soviet Union by the 1940’s anabolic steroid use was becoming common place. During the 1940’s the Soviet Union was the dominating force in athletics thanks to anabolic steroid use but this dominance was short lived as Dr. John Ziegler, the U.S. Olympic team physician found a way to soon develop methandrostenolone; you know it as Dianabol or Dbol. (13)Ciba Pharmaceuticals was first to market the drug and by 1958 Dianabol was approved by the FDA for human use. Ciba would not stop there, in-fact this would open the door for thousands of experiments in synthesizing anabolic steroids and derivatives

Arnold never got implants.... how could implants make you stronger ? you see when that dude would push calves ?

If you want Arnold size calves you have to work em 3 times a week. Heavy sets, until failure.

Week Primoblan Deca Durabolin Dianabol
1 600mgs/week 60mgs/day
2 600mgs/week 60mgs/day
3 600mgs/week 60mgs/day
4 700mgs/week 60mgs/day
5 700mgs/week 70mgs/day
6 800mgs/week 400mgs/week 80mgs/day
7 800mgs/week 400mgs/week 80mgs/day
8 800mgs/week 400mgs/week 80mgs/day
9 800mgs/week 400mgs/week 80mgs/day
10 800mgs/week 400mgs/week 100mgs/day
11 800mgs/week 400mgs/week 100mgs/day
12 800mgs/week 400mgs/week 100mgs/day
13 800mgs/week 400mgs/week 100mgs/day
14 800mgs/week 400mgs/week 100mgs/day
15 700mgs/week 300mgs/week 100mgs/day
16 700mgs/week 300mgs/week 100mgs/day
17 700mgs/week 300mgs/week 800mgs/day
18 700mgs/week 200mgs/week 80mgs/day
19 600mgs/week 200mgs/week 60mgs/day
20 600mgs/week 200mgs/week 60mgs/day
BRIDGE
21 200mgs/week 40mgs/day
22 200mgs/week 40mgs/day
23 200mgs/week 40mgs/day
24 200mgs/week 40mgs/day
25 200mgs/week 40mgs/day
*repeat week 1-20
In our day, the cycle above would seem strange.* However, in Arnold’s days, pyramiding up and down was considered a standard practice.* Bodybuilders didn’t realize that even if you pyramid, the half life of a steroid doesn’t change nor do the natural testosterone levels recover.* Pyramiding steroids is a total waste of time, but these guys were ignorant to the fact.* On top of it all, testosterone wasn’t really available as it is today, so Arnold had no access to it.* Therefore, his cycles were mainly 3 compounds used creatively.
Arnold didn’t use Anti-Estrogens or anything even remotely related, as bodybuilders in his day believed that bloat, gynecomastia (bitch-tits), testicular atrophy and a myriad of other side-effects associated with steroids can just be handled by using other anabolic steroids.* After all, Nolvadex (Tamoxifen) wasn’t even around until the 1980s, so you can see the kind of trouble these guys were in during the old days.* This is probably one of the reasons steroid abuse wasn’t as rampant back than – no access to Aromatase Inhibitors (like Arimidex or Aromasin) or SERMs (like Nolvadex and Clomid).
The truth is that the Arnold Schwarzenegger of today would have used a different steroid cycle, had he the access to the steroids of today.
Below is the the 21st century Arnold Schwarzenegger steroid cycle:

Week Testosterone Cypionate Primobolan Deca Durabolin Dianabol Arimidex
BULKING
1 600mgs/wk 800mgs/wk 80mgs/ED 1mg/ED
2 600mgs/wk 800mgs/wk 80mgs/ED 1mg/ED
3 600mgs/wk 800mgs/wk 80mgs/ED 1mg/ED
4 600mgs/wk 800mgs/wk 80mgs/ED 1mg/ED
5 600mgs/wk 800mgs/wk 80mgs/ED 1mg/ED
6 600mgs/wk 800mgs/wk 80mgs/ED 1mg/ED
7 600mgs/wk 800mgs/wk 0.75mgs/ED
8 600mgs/wk 800mgs/wk 0.75mgs/ED
9 600mgs/wk 800mgs/wk 0.75mgs/ED
10 600mgs/wk 800mgs/wk 0.75mgs/ED
11 600mgs/wk 800mgs/wk 0.75mgs/ED
12 600mgs/wk 800mgs/wk 0.75mgs/ED
13 600mgs/wk 800mgs/wk 80mgs/ED 1mg/ED
14 600mgs/wk 800mgs/wk 80mgs/ED 1mg/ED
15 600mgs/wk 800mgs/wk 80mgs/ED 1mg/ED
16 600mgs/wk 800mgs/wk 80mgs/ED 1mg/ED
CUTTING
17 400mgs/wk 600mgs/wk 60mgs/ED 1mg/ED
18 400mgs/wk 600mgs/wk 60mgs/ED 1mg/ED
19 400mgs/wk 600mgs/wk 60mgs/ED 1mg/ED
20 400mgs/wk 600mgs/wk 60mgs/ED 1mg/ED
21 400mgs/wk 600mgs/wk 60mgs/ED 1mg/ED
22 400mgs/wk 600mgs/wk 60mgs/ED 1mg/ED
23 400mgs/wk 600mgs/wk 1mg/ED
24 400mgs/wk 600mgs/wk 1mg/ED
25 400mgs/wk 600mgs/wk 1mg/ED
BRIDGE – CONTEST REPEATE week 1-26 or PCT *during the cycle add: HCGenerate to prevent testicular atrophy and N2Guard to stem off side-effects.
This is more of a modern cycle for Arnold Schwarzenegger if he had access to all the drugs we have today.* Then again, can anabolic steroids be used to make your diet, training, rest, and lifestyle better? Doubtful! Arnold was famous and successful because of his drive, will and determination, not because of any drugs he used.* Therefore, take everything with a grain of salt, and work on yourself as a human being – dial in your diet, your training and your life before you think about steroids.

Nice necro, do you realize what 1mg/ED of adex would do? I doubt anyone with a penis would even be able to get out of bed, nonetheless train.

There's no point in speculating what they took as it will never be released. Genetics (as mentioned several times in this thread) are a huge part of success, drugs are just icing on the cake.

Primobolan Depo...D-Bol...Test....

Everyone will tell you something different bro...as far as I know he loved d-bol..he said that d-bol is a breakfast of champions...

those are the exact choices I read were Arnold's favorites. primo was run high dosages, but not sure if it was depot or not.

Nice necro, do you realize what 1mg/ED of adex would do? I doubt anyone with a penis would even be able to get out of bed, nonetheless train.

There's no point in speculating what they took as it will never be released. Genetics (as mentioned several times in this thread) are a huge part of success, drugs are just icing on the cake.

I remember the "good days" when I was starting TRT and my endo put me on .50mg of adex per day. It didn't take long for me to just want to sleep all day.

Yeah, that was the golden era of bodybuilding. They had unique, aesthetic bodies, they looked pretty healthy too. Frank zane, mike mentzer, arnold, platz, etc. Most girls dont like the cheesy bodybuilder look. Majority of women like a lean, athletic, proportionate physique. Guys keep pumping away think they are going to get more pussy. Only guys look at a huge bodybuilder and think "that's hawt"

Fuck ya, Oliva, Arnold, Zane, Lou, Franco and had great bodies from head to toe. That is a body to strive for and not that very un-natural bb look we have now.

Even the Rock, Bautista, Lesnar and Lashley are in top physical form and GUESS THE FUCK WHAT??? They all including the above will run, jump, skip and move around without being out of breath from just breathing alone.

Now that is what BB is all about and be able to live life functioning normally.

Like i said, men look at arnold's body and their butthole's start getting wet. Nothing wrong with wanting that body, but these kids who think they will get girls are doing it for the wrong reason.

I am sure that Arnold had calve implants and I am on a never ending quest to find his plastic surgeon so I can call him GOD! Then sign myself up on the list for a brand new pair of the "Arnnie Specials!":D
No way Arnold had calf implants!

Back