What gear did Arnold take?

compman

I watched "pumping iron" last night for the 4,000,000 time staring and pausing at Arnold's calves. Zooming in looking for incision marks, and trying to figure out what kind of gear did those guys take back than that gave them such great bodies, without that unnatural bloated look. Arnold is even shown eating a big breakfast the morning of the competition! Lou is shown drinking tons of water during the competition. The complete opposite of what todays bodybuilder's do!

I personally like the way those guys looked a lot more than most of these "Ronnie Coleman" look-a-likes. They have individuality! Does anyone know what kind of gear and cycling they did? What kind of dosing?

D-bol, tests, deca...
probley in high doses although many debates..
most all BBrs than bulked up prior to shows (and peaked) instead of bulking than losing weight as many of todays bb'ers with huge guts.
Lasix

Primobolan Depo...D-Bol...Test....

Everyone will tell you something different bro...as far as I know he loved d-bol..he said that d-bol is a breakfast of champions...

I heard that Arnold was also a big fan of Winstrol. My father was a pro-bodybuilder back in the day but won't discuss the gear with me. He swears by Arnolds calve implants!

Did they use anti-estro back then? Diuretics? How come they look so much different, better in my opinion, without the bloat?

this is what I heard

he liked dbol and primo alot....................

but it was thought that he just had the dbol at one sitting for a massive adrogen spike. in the AM......thus leading to alot of intensity in the gym

the adrogens were enough for CNS stimulation.............however training and time dissipates the short half life of dbol..........

after most of it was gone, he would just cruise on the largley anabolic effects of primo minus the adrogen sides............

I have heard numbers form 30 to 60 mgs of dbol at one stting and 400 to 600 mgs or primo a week.

Oliva liked winnie and deca.

He must have had an "iron stomach" to take 60mg at a time. 10mg at a time is all I can handle without having pains and heartburn. I have been researching it in the last 20 minutes and most seem to think he took:

Winstrol
D-bol
Primobolan

That sounds like a really good cycle for ripping and mass-building at the same time. Anyone have experience with this cycle? I'd also like to know what they took for an anti-estro back then. Their nipples look tight as can be. Kind of like mine before I started on all this crap!:D

How come none of them have gyno? That's what I can't figure out. If I took 60mg of dbol at one sitting I'd have to stop off at Victoria secret before the gym.

I remember reading in one of Arnie's books that he and Franco used to eat carrot cake just before going on stage so there was enough glycogen in the muscles for posing, but not too much so as to cause bloating or puffiness. I would rather have Arnold or Sergio's body any day. I am not a fan of any of the BB's today.:cool:

Great link, Omega! Justusgreen, it's nice to know someone else agrees with me that the "old school" bodybuilders looked better than todays bloated, artificial looking pros.

There are is no way that Arnold and Lou had calf implants! He had those calves at 19....

He didn't have good calves at 19. In his book he talked about how awful his calves were until he made them a priority and learned to train them correctly. Also, look at how small his waist is in the pic Dangerous Ground posted. That is aesthetics my friends!

Back