What was your biggest lagging muscle and how did you bring it up?

A lot of times the thickness of the grips make all the difference when it comes to forearms. I love gyms with thick bars and dumbell grips because it gives your forearms a workout on almost every lift.

HW, what do you mean you flip a 45 lb plate?
You grip the plate on the smooth sides (not by the handle cutouts) while your elbows at the edge of your knees, and basically "fan" yourself only moving your wrists. Your thumbs will be on top, and palms facing each other.

I found my forearms get a good workout from doing machine based narrow grip rows. Now sure why, but they are pumped and sore after...all vascular and manly looking.
And....
A lot of times the thickness of the grips make all the difference when it comes to forearms. I love gyms with thick bars and dumbell grips because it gives your forearms a workout on almost every lift.

^ nailed it.

I have to use a hammer grip in fact for narrow, or else the pump in my forearms and biceps becomes agonizing. It's silly that my arms think they can overpower my back, but they try if I don't really keep an eye on form.

You grip the plate on the smooth sides (not by the handle cutouts) while your elbows at the edge of your knees, and basically "fan" yourself only moving your wrists. Your thumbs will be on top, and palms facing each other.

And....

^ nailed it.

I have to use a hammer grip in fact for narrow, or else the pump in my forearms and biceps becomes agonizing. It's silly that my arms think they can overpower my back, but they try if I don't really keep an eye on form.

I have this exact problem whenever I'm on cycle/blast. Pump is the forearms gets so bad my grip fails before the muscle group I'm actually training... depending on the compound + dose it can get really bad lol. Struggle to hold onto dumbbells at all. Really sucks.

I've had to use straps now even on things like lat pull down & rows lol... I get some odd looks.

Back