whoops, i screwed around and now i'm 7 weeks out from figure show

IronWoman

Howdy, first time poster and new to the forum. I'm a little meathead, and compete in figure every now and then. I started with 14 weeks prep, and due to better behavior, enjoyed significant gains in strength and recomp. I squatted 315, and benched over 165, both were PR's for me.

Anyway, speed it up, now I'm 7 weeks out. Crap! I have about 12 pounds to cut in order to get to stage. Water drop might get me an additional 2 or so.

I decided, out of panic, to run Clen for the first time. Holy heck, I felt like I was going to quake out of my skin. I hope I don't die doing this. (funny but not, I know, please spare any lecture ;P)

One part of me is like--this is ridiculous, quit this nonsense. The other part is like, make it happen and never do this again (compete, or Clen).

I'm hungry (of course) and it's a suck fest to suffer. Don't get me wrong, i'll suffer moving iron PLENTY, but the hunger and shaking SUCK differently.
And I was so hell bent, I already dropped many hundreds of dollars on my sparkly suit, which is the equivalent of pasties. LOL

So riddle me this good people:
Have any of you done a fast cut like this?
What is your story?

Cheers and Thanks (don't get too excited...it's water. :tounge2:)
IW

ok so we know your best lifts , but you don't even mention your current stats or your diet . drugs or no drugs, diet is going to be key. we will be able to better help you if we know these things.

Welcome to the forums. :wavey: You need to riddle us your complete stats.

Last edited:
16% bf
5'5

it's a prep diet. aside from a few bad behaviors, it's prep. which means it sucks basically. ha!

curious if anybody has done a hard/fast cut and their circumstances, how they felt, etc.

Last edited:
Mr. Rippedzilla (a member here) is going to be your best source for help with prep (you may be able to look him up and contact him). Or you can try a guy named 3J in the diet section.

how far below maintenance calories are you right now? whats your cardio at now going into prep? Current macro ratios ?

Not to come off as flippant, but my coach manages all the macros, etc. I dislike details like that, so I rely on the coach which enables me to train, pay attention to my body, prep food, eat it, and go to work.
Cardio prescribed is 2 HIIT and 4 LISS.

Not sure how far below maintenance, because I was "off program" and kinda winging it.
I realize this probably helps you understand me to a level of "not much at all".

Surly I cannot be the only one who has done a fast cut. I was interested in other stories of those who have done it. (Not claiming it's smart, but again, would like to hear the experience of others).

everybody is different .. but for me, if I went on a full Keto diet and around 500 calorie or more below maintenance , I would drop 15 pounds quick, burn fat, and shed a ton of water (prob 5 weeks). Plus keto is muscle sparing, so when your in a calorie deficit you won't be burning up all that hard earned muscle being your body is using ketones and fat for fuel and will have no need to be catabolic and tap into muscle for fuel.

if it were me, and I had a short amount of time, that's what I would do .. then I would carb up and refuel and fill out glycogen stores going into the show.

12lbs in 7 weeks is very doable... i dont think you have much to worry about so long as you approach it correctly

i can easily get 12lbs off my clients in 7 weeks.. i actually dont consider that "crash dieting"

OK, thanks for that. It's encouraging. Prepping to compete has such a mental dynamic. I look at myself, probably around 15% now, like -- wah, I'm so far off! I'll stay the course. It's good to know this is doable from your experience.

12lbs in 7 weeks is very doable... i dont think you have much to worry about so long as you approach it correctly

i can easily get 12lbs off my clients in 7 weeks.. i actually dont consider that "crash dieting"

I think that's two bowel movements for me. >.>

OP: Two pounds a week is what AVERAGE folks can do. Your coach still likely has water manipulation and as you approach peak week - you'll actually probably have a little cushion - preventing you from going TOO lean.

But then again, the figure show I just went to, had (local) like one serious competitor, and the other that was there to win belonged in bodybuilding.

Self doubt is part of the mental game. ;)

So true. I recomped like crazy over the winter, so I'm sitting around 15% at 140 right now. So that is way more lean tissue than last time. Have no idea where I'll land weight-wise, so i'll just keep going. Pulling water will be worth a few pounds for sure. Good behavior sucks, lol!

So true. I recomped like crazy over the winter, so I'm sitting around 15% at 140 right now. So that is way more lean tissue than last time. Have no idea where I'll land weight-wise, so i'll just keep going. Pulling water will be worth a few pounds for sure. Good behavior sucks, lol!

Yeah, I have many friends doing another show this weekend, and it's constantly reaffirming to them that they're ready. You still have LOTS of time. Don't stress too hard, but don't be afraid to push a little more if you know you're not going to hit where you want to. :)

Right! It is a lot of time; or it's relative at least. One of the problems with competition is the potential body dismorphia that can come from it. "I'm so fat!"...(at 15%. Lololol)

Thank u for encouraging me guys, I'm down 4 pounds & started using a serious fat burning aid. Never tested something like it before, and it does work in conjunction with diet & training. 6 weeks to go! Should make it.

This is doable and I don't see it hard to do. I can only say that when I did a BB show a long time ago , I would cut a little more one week out. This allowed me to use my carbs to fill out and not be so draw.

3j and others can help you do this, if you need help. Good luck and Welcome to our board :wavey:

I bailed; this prep my coach was on a different planet with her own season. So I saw another coach and he was like....let's not do this. I agreed, and if I compete again, it will be fall. I'm unsure howci feel about competing now, but I want to continue to look my best (without nearly killing myself).

Back