why cant i break this 193 mark..

i preach the 5x5.. ive never made such awesome gains in size and strength and im not on right now.... one thing though dont mess around with it. just do it the way bill starr intended!!!

when u do the 5 times 5 routine. lets say im beching, i do only 5 reps with the same weight through all 5 sets? even if i can go heavier? i usually work my way up but always doing as many reps as i can.

simpllyhuge said:
when u do the 5 times 5 routine. lets say im beching, i do only 5 reps with the same weight through all 5 sets? even if i can go heavier? i usually work my way up but always doing as many reps as i can.

I don't know if you are asking a question. But the idea behind it is to continually increase the weight you are lifting each training session (for the particular exercise you are doing it with). So you start with a weight that you can get 5x5 with, fairly easily. Next training session add 5lbs. Keep adding a small amount of weight each training session. When you are unable to do 5x5 anymore, switch to 3x5 or 5x3 and increase weight with those reps. Then go back to the weight where you first missed 5x5 and try it again.

slayer i think the 5x5 your talking about is the one made out by needsize right? the one i'm talking about is the original from bill starr. here is a link. it concentrates on getting stronger in the core lifts. you can add in a tri ex on mon and fri and a bi ex on wed. read all the links on this page..... very good info on it..

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375215

You might have already answered this but what did you start out weighing when you started, and how long have you been on?

ITS FUNNY WHEN I first STARTED WORKING OUT...I WAS LIKE 168..THAT WAS ABOUT A YEAR 1/2 AGO WORK OUT NATTY FOR THAT TIME DIDNT GAIN TOO MUCH BUT GOT MUSCLES USE TO BEING TORTURED.LOL TOPPED OUT AT 180 THEN THIS YEAR JUNE I STARTED THE SAUCE..BUT DID THE 5X5 AND ITS WORKED AWESOME 198..AND CLIMBING...

Back