Why we juice....the hidden reasons

Okay so a little bit about myself in November of 2015 I was close to 300 pounds, sucking down Mountain Dew like there was no tomorrow, never even stopping to think about the way I looked or trained when I was in college, and I woke up one morning blind on my right side. Having been a paramedic with the local fire department my first thought was stroke, but no, I ended up having an A1C in the thirteens and a blood glucose of over 600. This was my wake-up call. Fast forward to today, I've lost 60 pounds have an A1C of 5.9 and have my glucose completely under control to the point where my doctor said by my one year anniversary of being diagnosed type 2 he will have me off of all my meds.

I can attribute all of this recovery to a total diet and lifestyle change started hitting two-a-days at the gym, got whole family involved even daughter and son, and I feel better about myself that I have in a long time. This summer was the first time in more years than I can remember I actually felt comfortable taking my shirt off at the beach. I know that might not seem like a big accomplishment to some but to me it felt amazing. What really brings me to an aas forum is how I feel about myself. I don't lift for anyone other than myself and the way I feel and the inner peace it brings me being at the gym , knowing I'm doing everything I can to make myself the best man possible for me, my wife, and my family. I still have a few percent body fat to cut before I do my first cycle, but I know I'm almost there. I am so happy with the results I've had just being dedicated and doing it naturally that I am looking forward to what aas can do for me.

As excited as I am to start, I know that patience will pay off better for me in the long run so I'm not starting a cycle in till I get my body fat percentage where I want it to be. That's not saying that I won't throw a few peptides in the mix to assist me along the way. Anyway that's my story, not as heart-wrenching as some of you guys on here , but for a 40 year old fat guy trying to make himself better, it works for me. I have checked out many other forums those relating to bodybuilding and aas usage and this is by far the friendliest, most informative, and helpful group online that I have found. I look forward to considering you all Brothers for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay so a little bit about myself in November of 2015 I was close to 300 pounds, sucking down Mountain Dew like there was no tomorrow, never even stopping to think about the way I looked or trained when I was in college, and I woke up one morning blind on my right side. Having been a paramedic with the local fire department my first thought was stroke, but no, I ended up having an A1C in the thirteens and a blood glucose of over 600. This was my wake-up call. Fast forward to today, I've lost 60 pounds have an A1C of 5.9 and have my glucose completely under control to the point where my doctor said by my one year anniversary of being diagnosed type 2 he will have me off of all my meds.

I can attribute all of this recovery to a total diet and lifestyle change started hitting two-a-days at the gym, got whole family involved even daughter and son, and I feel better about myself that I have in a long time. This summer was the first time in more years than I can remember I actually felt comfortable taking my shirt off at the beach. I know that might not seem like a big accomplishment to some but to me it felt amazing. What really brings me to an aas forum is how I feel about myself. I don't lift for anyone other than myself and the way I feel and the inner peace it brings me being at the gym , knowing I'm doing everything I can to make myself the best man possible for me, my wife, and my family. I still have a few percent body fat to cut before I do my first cycle, but I know I'm almost there. I am so happy with the results I've had just being dedicated and doing it naturally that I am looking forward to what aas can do for me.

As excited as I am to start, I know that patience will pay off better for me in the long run so I'm not starting a cycle in till I get my body fat percentage where I want it to be. That's not saying that I won't throw a few peptides in the mix to assist me along the way. Anyway that's my story, not as heart-wrenching as some of you guys on here , but for a 40 year old fat guy trying to make himself better, it works for me. I have checked out many other forums those relating to bodybuilding and aas usage and this is by far the friendliest, most informative, and helpful group online that I have found. I look forward to considering you all Brothers for a long time.
Do you work out? Cardio?

Do you work out? Cardio?
Been doing two a days since November, cardio in the AM, lifting in the evening. At first I was following the pre made routines by Kris Gethin, but as I learn more and feel more comfortable with my knowledge, I have started writing my own routines.

In a little less then a year, weight, bf, and a1c are all down, and endurance and max reps are going up. It feels so good to look in the mirror and not hate what you see.

I was in the crowd that believed I could get as big as I wanted if I just trained hard and ate right. It was a HUGE letdown the day I realized otherwise. All the magazines, bodybuilders that were "natural", the supplement industry, etc. It was all lies. I was literally was devastated.

Started with prohormones until I realized those were junk. To my surprise, I found out most injectables were the safest way to go about it. The rest is history.

However, I do believe some of us have a vice. Maybe addictive behavior, or skeletons in the closet, or who knows. I know I suffer from an addictive personality, which I have to watch closely. I also love to take things to the limit. This can be good and bad.

In the end, I think a lot steroid users have unique personality traits. Risk takers, go getters, and not afraid to deviate from the norm. Most of all, we know how to think for ourselves. I've never been one to fall in line, and I wager that most people here are the same.

Steroids can be amazing, and of course, they can be devastating. I heard someone say: (I think in this forum) "When you pick up the needle, do it with your eyes wide open." This resonates with me. It's important to know WHY you're doing it, or you set yourself up for a fall.

I agree with this.

I would like to thank jozifp103 for starting this thread. It is always therapeutic to know that you are not alone in your mentality. It is important to understand why you do the things that you do, and this thread helps us explore our tendancies and the reasoning behind them. The more we understand why we do things, and our mentations, the better decisions we can make for our future. I can relate to many of your stories, and hearing them makes me take solace that the way I think might be "normal".

I have a similar story to many on here. I was skinny in adolescence and picked on because of it. I started lifting weights heavily to compensate and never looked back. I gained size, but many other people were more muscular and bigger, so I felt inadequate. When I finally Did my first cycle, I gained 30lbs of muscle and put 80lbs on my bench in 4 weeks. As I continued, I kept getting bigger and stronger. There were far a few between that I thought looked bigger and better than I, yet I had an inferiority complex, self image issues, body dysmorphia, or whatever you want to call the concept that I could not get big enough and if I lost a pound I was self conscious about it.

I have lived two completely different lives. One without anabolic steroids, and the one after my first cycle until present. After that first cycle I was suddenly respected. People would now move out of my way in a bar and apologize even if I bumped in to them. My boss suddenly gave me a raise for no reason. Heads would turn when I entered a room. People made an effort to be extra nice to me.

I have lived two lives, and I like this one much, much better.

Thanks again for starting this thread.

(long story but please read, i took the time to type it all and share it with you)

I was always small growing up, tried playing basketball in the 5th grade but I sucked at it and was picked on by pretty much the whole team who would throw balls at me etc. They would push me down on the playground at school and make fun of me all the time, on top of this I lived with my grandfather and grandmother. He died when I was 6 (almost 7) from cancer and i still remember it clearly he was like my father i was closer to him than anyone in my life. I wasn't even close to my grandmother at this point.

My dad was never around and had nothing to do with me but he still lived in the area he would walk past me in public a few times and never acknowledge me. My grandmother wasn't wealthy by any means so I never had much growing up which led to more insecurity. My mother was an extreme alcohol who drank liqour from sun up to sundown, she would always come to my grandmothers house banging on the front door so hard it would shake the house and keep me up all night yelling and arguing with my grandmother, so i struggled in school because of this. I was then made fun of for that as well and even had teachers tell me I would never become anything in life or yell at me because i would fall asleep in class.

Going in to middle school i changed alot and developed severe anger issues and i would fight any and everyone over the smallest thing, in hopes that people would no longer pick on me. This seemed to help quite alot and i became the class clown,rebel kid who didn't give a shit about anything.

So going in to high school i still had this mentality still got picked on often but always resulted in a fight and i actually never got my ass handed to me yet. Me and my grandmother became very close and i cannot emphasize that enough (she was my mom,dad,etc all in one) she loved me and did everything she could for me. I was taught if you want something then work for it and save up and buy it, we didn't have much money but I would do chores for people and random jobs for people at my mamaws auction house and I would save up money to buy video games,clothes,etc.

My mother passed away in 2011 from cirrhosis of the liver, i watched her pass away as well. I was 16 and a junior i had just gotten my first job at mcdonalds and i just dealt with it by blocking it out/keeping it inside just like i always have. The last few years of high school weren't that so bad most people had matured a little and i never really got picked on i had made some friends and plus everyone knew by this point that i would just hit you/fight you on the spot without hesitation.

I still never worked out or touched weights, i tried taking PE Weights class my senior year but half the football team was in there and a few pretty girls and i hardly participated because when i did i was made fun of for being so weak. I even brought a protein shake in their one day and i was made fun of by everyone even the teacher (he was the football coach).

I got to goto college in the fall of 2012 for free on the federal pell grant, i had no passion for anything and wasn't sure what i wanted to do so i still had the same school work ethic and i skipped class a lot plus i was working 5 days a week and going to school on the other two days full time so it was tough. I had finally started working out and fell in love with it but had no clue what i was doing.

July 6th 2013, me and my family were at a firework show and my girlfriend of a little over two years at the time was there also. Long story short, my grandmother had a massive heart attack right in front of me and there was nothing i could do to save her (if she was still alove tofay and i know everything i know now about health/fitness etc i believe i could have saved her) this was the worst experience of my life and haunts me still i miss her alot. It was so unreal and all she ever wanted was to raise me and to see me succeed and to not turn out like my mother or father and thats what i damn intend to do.

September 27th 2014 my girlfriend of 3.5 years goes to a party and cheats on me with some random guy she met that night. I was her first and only and i know it sounds dumb but i enjoyed the fact that she had only been with me it made me feel like she was closer to me and that i was "special to her". So aside form my grandmother passing this even has haunted me every single day since then and i cant get the fuck over it. It hurt my ego like a motherfucker and no matter what i do or tell myself it wont go away. I trusted her more than anything, she was my only friend i spent all of my time with her and my mamaw loved her and my girlfriend knew all of the shit i had been through so i just never seen it coming.

Sorry for the long story but i believe all of these are reason for me taking AAS and i can say that they have made my life so much better, i have more friends, people respect me more now, i feel better, i look better, etc.

On a side not, the kid who mainly picked don me all through elementary school and middle school (he was my sworn nemesis) he actually contacted me earlier this year and asked if he could start working out with me because i am bigger than him now and stronger and i look way better, i said sure and he came with me a few times before he stopped coming but it was so nice to know i was better than him at something for once in my life.
Great read!!!! Just wanted to say!! For your ex.. there's a lot more fish in the sea, 8' sure you know that, especially being in that test ***128521;... besides for that, sorry about the family!! We live, learn, build ourselves to make us the person we are today!!!! I'm sure your character is great!!!! Have a good one and happy juicing ***128541;

I apologize for neglecting this thread for so long. I see it has gained some attention. It's great to here all these stories and find out the driving forces behind some of our AAS use. Very interesting and eye opening stuff in here. Thanks so much for sharing everyone and keep em coming :)

I'm 49 and have always been natural. Not "big", but people knew I worked out. It's really something when you hit your mid 40's and everything changes. When I was 20, 165lbs, bench press 305, squat 405, deadlift 455, 20 wide grip chins for 5 sets. Now at 49 years old, 185lbs (and fatter), bench 275, squat, 275, deadlift 405. Of course family, home, job, etc takes a toll as you younger guys will find out. Thats not an excuse I'm trying to give you. It's just that I can relate with the guys saying that they were picked on for being small. Believe me, it was really bad in the 70's and early 80's when I went to school. The teachers would chime in and laugh at me for being short and fat in grade school and short and skinny in high school. Graduated @ 5'6 125lbs. Joined a gym. "Older" Powerlifters were there and said, "you have to squat and deadlift son" after looking at my pitifull body. So I did and gained 40lbs in a year. I actually became an asshole after that, only I didnt pick on smaller guys then me, I was fighting much bigger guys and alot of them backed off. I couldn't believe it! Anyway, I'm thinking of my first cycle. I'm on 1 pump androgel a day. My levels are at 650-750. My kid is at a point that he is almost independent (Autistic) and daddy wants to do something for ,myself. Ha. What would you recommend? Test?
Thanks
Tom

I realize this is an old post, but I've been away from the site for awhile. The stories made for great reading, and I would like to share my reason for starting my first of many cycles.
I was never picked on, played most sports, was skinny but average to a little taller than some my age.
Not bragging but I was somewhat of a baseball prodigy from the age of 11-12 years old. Was scouted by a couple of agents from the States, and as a Canadian that just didn't happen very often. Discovering young girls and partying slowed my progress but I did get to Florida to play high school ball then two years of American college ball.
Anyway, I began boxing at the age of ten years old, so was not picked on more than once before people stopped fucking with me.
However, I was still keeping up my boxing training while playing ball in the USA......but the amount of cardio involved is nuts, and then it finally happened......
The family I billeted with in the States had an old York plastic covered weight set and bench/barbell in their basement. A student I knew through school gave me a copy of Pumping Iron and I was hooked. I spent hours in that basement doing all different types of bench pressing and standing heavy barbell curls. I bought up every muscle magazine I could find, even though as a student athlete I wasn't allowed to be paid..lol.....yeah right..lol
Anyway, this was the mid to late 1980s and Lee Haney was battling Rich Gaspari for the Olympia. Watching Pumping Iron changed my whole outlook on everything I was doing. Pretty much lost interest in baseball, but was still putting up decent hitting numbers and playing good infield. Then it happened, my shoulder got tweaked doing what I thought was a heavy bench press at the time. I wanted to look like Arnold, or one of the guys of the day.
Snuck through baseball with the bad shoulder but it got worse, baseball was done.
I came back to Canada with a bum shoulder but stuck with the weights, trained around the shoulder best I could. Finally got up the nerve to join a gym, but even in the early 90s juice was rampant. Not as easily accessible but it was out there. Nobody knew what the fuck they were injecting, but I happened to know a guy who worked horses at the track in my hometown.
BINGO! test prop, equipoise, although only 50mg eq, and winstrol. One of my buddies had ordered Dan Duchanes handbook or whatever his last name was, and we were off. Russian D-bol came on the scene and I was starting to make some gains, but gear has never, even to this day, had as great effect on me as on some people. I got results, but not like others. Even now, I don't get huge gains no matter how I train or how my diet is.
Funny thing happened, I decided to apply to the Police Academy and got in after a few tries, and I went on to serve 16 years, and testing for steroids or other drugs is not allowed in Canada.
I was injured arresting someone and pulling him out of a car when his wife stepped on the gas. I ended up with a severe concussion, which still cause me headaches today.
The fact that I'm 6' tall and about 250lbs, can still see my upper abs is fine with me. Still train heavy and I had worked as a doorman for some years before the police job and the size didn't hurt. I'm 47 years old and my size/development is more from long years in the weight room and good diet.although I still run gear...lol
To conclude this long story, I always found that when you're small to average, people will stand in your way, but at a big size people get the fuck outta the way, and I like that. :)

Man I'm an ex-cop too. In Canada, where my career ended after getting pulled under a car while yanking the drunk guy out through the window of his car. We both got knocked out with heads hitting concrete but I woke up first. Spent the last 5 years going back to work and then off again. Severe concussion headaches that I still have, car sickness and vertigo. Not pretty. Got stuck on pain pills, even had me on fentanyl and made me go back to work! No shit..lol
I'm done now, had almost 16 years in. Terrible fucking job anyway.
My point was however, getting back in the gym and starting back on a cycle, made me feel so much better that I'm still running it and like to blast and cruise. Nice to know there are a few of us still kicking. :)

Do you work out? Cardio?

How goes the battle these days? You mentioned sucking down Mountain Dew and it seemed very similar to me but my choice of poison was straight Pepsi. Luckily I have yet to end up type2 or any other type. I certainly would be a deserved candidate. Haha I know this post of yours was from last summer but thought I'd check in after reading your story. Hope all is well.

Wow been a while since I checked in on this thread and there's a ton of new posts!
Great reading as always!

Anzel
Puritysourcelabs.com
Euro-Pharmacies.net

Well for starters I am a pretty short guy at 5’7”. That’s the reason I started working out in the first place. I am now pretty bigger than most people I know naturally. I am now studying to get on a cycle. I want to do a cycle now for the same reasons as other people here. I’m stuck at this point. It’s frusterating working hard everyday and not seeing gains anymore. I like the way I look now, but I want to love it. I have a beautiful wife now that loves me the way I am presently, but I want her to be even more proud of the man beside her.

My dad was an lapd sheriff and lafd pwelifting champion back in the 70's and my mom told me he was using steroids

One girl told me that her friend said I was cute but too skinny this was back in around 1986 that planted a seed I guess

Used to hang out at this chicks house a lot with my gf and there was always around 7 or 8 people there all the time after school

They kept saying that this one dude had a twin brother but he was never around because he was always at the gym and on steroids

When I finally met this guy it was hilarious how he was all big and strong looking and his brother the one I knew for all this time a stoner dude was such a pussy

So I'm thinking damn I wanna be like that dude not the skinny little drug addict right

Well anyways eventually I somehow ended up hanging out with the steroid brother his gf and my gf over at their house

one thing led to another and this is back now in 1988 we are on the way to Tijuana to buy steroids stick them in our waistband and drive back to OC

Couple days later I'm at the feed store buying 18 guages to pin with and that night pinning 150mg's nandrolone decanoate

Went from 130 to 160 in around 12 weeks and looked bigger than a friend that weighed 190 not to mention the ridiculous amount of play I started getting

The gf's besty was even willing to let me bang that ass so there it is in a nut shell why I do steroids

Back