wicked GSP gif

Was this a quick stoppage

• Yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
Yeah I believe it was a quick stoppage but if it went on any longer GSP would have continued to beat the shit outta Serra. I still believe th eout come would have been the same GSP Champ.

Serra came out to a remixed Rocky theme and left looking like Rocky after his fight with Drago, George was on a mission and was not gonna be embarresed in front of his home fans.

One more little thing did anyone notice that GSP had no sponsers in this fight or it seemed that way I wonder why this was???

It definitely could have gone longer, but those knees were pretty severe and serra was not defending himself so I can see why they called it.

That looks painful. MoM is right, he was taking big shots.

I think it was a fair stoppage.

John McCarthy was in an interview I was watching Monday and he agreed it was a fair stoppage. "Big" John McCarthy knows!

It was a fair stoppage. He was just going to continue to get kneed.

It was a quick stoppage but justified.. Serra was balled up with seemingly no intention of doing anything else.

Serra stated that in 8 professional fights that is the only time he has been beaten up.

It was a good stoppage. 5 round of that and Serra would be in rough shape. Those knees won't knock you out, won't cut you open, and would make your face deformed. Those knees will break ribs and possibly injure organs.

The ref knew Serra was taking a beating and wasn't defending himself. Going into the turtle position isn't defense, its survival.

From what we saw you can tell Serra has some solid BJJ. He was doing alot from the bottom and his hip movement was excellent.

But when you are on the bottom and a guy like GSP is on top, your chances are not good no matter how good your BJJ is.

But Serra never sat still on the bottom and was constantly working on sweeps.

I would love to see Serra vs Hughes

i think it was an early stoppage. when i saw it i figured serra must have said something to have it stopped. it looked really painful and potentially rib breaking to be taking those knees but i dont think serra was in a position requiring stoppage. i could see him getting in that position any second though so it makes little difference.

I think it was a fair stoppage, Serra had no answer for anythig GSP did. Any longer and those knees would have destroyed Serra he was just laying there in the fetal position. Gsp has been on a mission since he lost to Serra to prove it was just one good shot and that he is way better than that, everyone he has fought since he has just throttled.

serra is face down on the mat and not reasonably defending when a ref sees that hes gonna stop the fight

Back