WTF won the fight

Beat the shit out of Serra. And Kalib Starnes is a fucking pussy. I've never actually seen someone score less than a 9 in a round, much less doing it every round. He'll never be invited back to the UFC. Fucking pathetic. It's a shame bc he has great skill and decent enough athletic ability but the guy simply can't take any punishment whatsoever or he gets scared and becomes hypochondriatic.

I found myself in a strange position...pulling for Bisping. I can't stand Charles Mc. I don't like Bisping either, but damn Charles. I was glad to see that.
I was also glad to see Rich Franklin win. I felt sorry for Matt and those guys, but I didn't think he had much chance in this fight. I hated to see Goulete win. One Canadian a night is enough. lol
I wish Nate could have connected and put Kalib to sleep.

serra was out of his element from the start, but you have to respect the fact that serra completely avoided knockouts by gsp...whos throws bombs, for the entire first round, serra walking out of the first round virtually unscathed..
i still have so much respect for serras ground game, his ju jitsu is world class

eyes on faber

Last edited:
serra was out of his element from the start, but you have to respect the fact that serra completely avoided knockouts by gsp...whos throws bombs, for the entire first round, serra walking out of the first round virtually unscathed..
i still have so much respect for serras ground game, his ju jitsu is world class

eyes on faber

i wounldnt exactly say unscathed, his right eye was pretty swollen, and he looked gassed as well, he has good jits but it doesnt seem to do much for him in the ring, hes more of an all out brawler

I would be surprised to see Travis Lutter back in the UFC:
- He win's TUF and get an automatic title shot at Silva
- He can't make weight
- Loses fight anyways
- Gets a fight Vs Franklin
- Has the stamina of a 95 year old man
- Gasses and gets beat down
^ ZERO dedication

GSP vs Serra
- Gsp is an animal. He will be tough to beat in the next couple years.

Bisping vs McCarthy
- If you are going to taunt the other fighter, you better win (McCarthy).
- Bisping looked good, he will do well at 185

Quarry vs Starnes
- Starnes is a disgrace
- Props to Quarry for at least showing up to fight

I found myself in a strange position...pulling for Bisping. I can't stand Charles Mc. I don't like Bisping either, but damn Charles. I was glad to see that.
I was also glad to see Rich Franklin win. I felt sorry for Matt and those guys, but I didn't think he had much chance in this fight. I hated to see Goulete win. One Canadian a night is enough. lol
I wish Nate could have connected and put Kalib to sleep.

How can you not like Bisping? Of all the guys to ever go on TUF he seemed about like the only level headed person that I could stand to be around for more than a few minutes.

sxjfc1.gif

and that sucks about Serra...i was really hoping he'd win...anyone got a link to the fight? i didn't get to watch :sadwavey:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/more/04/20/ufc.83.ap/index.html

Sports Illustrated has really hit a low point. I should prob screen shot this for proof after they fix it. But I'm too lazy. If you guys catch this too late, it's a page with a big banner reading: "Franklin retains title with TKO of Lutter in UFC 83." Then the story begins with: "Georges St. Pierre reclaimed his welterweight title Saturday night, dominating Matt Serra in a second-round TKO before a hometown crowd at UFC 83."

Wow.

Back