You are sterile!

The issue of fertility is certainly a complicated one. That is why no medical professional can ever guarantee success.

Yes, I have seen guys become permanently infertile from Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use. And yes, I have seen guys take tons of juice for years, then father a child (assuming it doesn't end up looking like the milkman, lol). How can this be? Simply, Mother Natue is, was, always will be, the boss.

IMPO, appropriate testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) (maintaining within physiological range) will not make a fertile man infertile. My proof? Just last week I got emails from two patients who have now successfully fathered children. Both have been on my protocols for over a year--plenty of time to shut them down. At last count, I think that makes me nine-for-nine (of the ones who told me). I have also worked with a few others to bring back their fertility after Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use. I must ethically add, however, this was accomplished through modifications of my existent protocols--I am not trained in fertility medicine, and claim no expertise in same.

Will AAS, or even testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), INCREASE one's fertility? No way.

But do you know what they call guys who would rely upon testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) as birth control? Yup: Dad.

I hope this helps.

BTW, Rules, that "30 Days" episode you linked was such a ridiculous scam it should be ignored by all.

JT190 said:
I'm interested in a response to this also. mranak?
simpllyhuge said:
when Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) stimilates lh does that keep the testes produces tesosterone and sperm or just test? i heard it was fsh that was the signal for sperm but not sure.
The testes contain:

1) Leydig cells. These cells produce testosterone. They are stimulated by LH or hCG.

2) Steroli cells. These cells produce sperm. They need to things for stimulation: FSH and testosterone. They don't need very much FSH and in fact, the FSH for most guys on HRT and many guys on Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) is still high enough for sperm production. But what about the testosterone? If the cycle or testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) includes exogenous testosterone, then surely that is handled, right? Wrong. Exogenous testosterone never makes it to the testes. But testosterone that is produced right there in the testes by the leydig cells (like normal) is what is needed.

How do we get the leydig cells to produce testosterone while on a cycle or even on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)? Inject hCG. The hCG will stimulate the leydig cells to produce testosterone and suddenly the steroli cells have everything they need to produce sperm.

Of note, most of the mass of the testes is from the steroli cells, not the leydig cells. So when hCG is used and atrophied testes pop back to size, it isn't the leydig cells but the steroli cells that mostly came back. For a long time, many thought that this showed that hCG mimicked FSH in addition to LH. But now we know better as per everything that I just explained.

I am confident that those studies that show that testosterone can be used as a male contraceptive (which is a ridiculous protocol for such purpose, anyway, IMHO) would have shown very different results had hCG been used along with the testosterone.

mranak said:
The testes contain:

1) Leydig cells. These cells produce testosterone. They are stimulated by LH or hCG.

2) Steroli cells. These cells produce sperm. They need to things for stimulation: FSH and testosterone. They don't need very much FSH and in fact, the FSH for most guys on HRT and many guys on Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) is still high enough for sperm production. But what about the testosterone? If the cycle or testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) includes exogenous testosterone, then surely that is handled, right? Wrong. Exogenous testosterone never makes it to the testes. But testosterone that is produced right there in the testes by the leydig cells (like normal) is what is needed.

How do we get the leydig cells to produce testosterone while on a cycle or even on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)? Inject hCG. The hCG will stimulate the leydig cells to produce testosterone and suddenly the steroli cells have everything they need to produce sperm.

Of note, most of the mass of the testes is from the steroli cells, not the leydig cells. So when hCG is used and atrophied testes pop back to size, it isn't the leydig cells but the steroli cells that mostly came back. For a long time, many thought that this showed that hCG mimicked FSH in addition to LH. But now we know better as per everything that I just explained.

I am confident that those studies that show that testosterone can be used as a male contraceptive (which is a ridiculous protocol for such purpose, anyway, IMHO) would have shown very different results had hCG been used along with the testosterone.

Thanks for the response bro, makes sense:)

so is their any way to mimick fsh? what if i stay on for every but want to have kids and am sure i was complety fertile before i started?

I was reading on another forum. Some guy said that he uses 100mg of test a week for birth control. It wasnt a steroid board and people were bringing up friends they had who knocked up chicks on gear and the guy started saying that only test will cause infertility or some stupid shit. I felt like chiming in and calling him an idiot but I didn't feel like registering. Dude said he was like 25 with a 19 y/o gf, pwned!

SWALE said:
BTW, Rules, that "30 Days" episode you linked was such a ridiculous scam it should be ignored by all.

Thanks SWALE, I was wondering what you thought of it.

good thread. just out of interest is it a myth that sted users are more likely to have daughterS as opposed to sons?

s_1 said:
good thread. just out of interest is it a myth that sted users are more likely to have daughterS as opposed to sons?
That myth is so bad I've never even heard it before.

I think that with anything individual results or lack there of or just bad issues ovsr all just because one guy is living large shooting a gram and lopping kids out every 9 mo ths it is not the norm specially for mwn in their late 30s and early 40s on TRT. My doc while I had low T he said my sperm count was ok amd that they where healthy. He alao said that if I was planing to have any more kids that testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) was not for me because there was a good chance of becomig infertile with in 6 months to a year of continuous TRT.

Again everyones body is differerent and side effects are also containes to what each one of us will experience.

Last edited:
ha revive an old thread! lol I saw soem old names and was like WTF? then noticed it was from 2006 lol.

I WANT to have low sperm count while on Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), but I still have an army men in the trenches, so I have to take care during sex.
atleast there is less chance I guess... for now.

Back