4 guys 4 strokes in Feb! Plz read!

Also it's best to take aspirin at night before bed. It has a long half life and statistically, heart attacks and strokes happen in the morning to mid afternoon. So it's best to already have in your body and essay is correct on what it does.

With supps look for USP or NF which just means they follow a specific standard but many of these supplements have a low bioavailiability in the forms sold at stores. Don't spend money on any that say pharmacuetical grade, that's just a marketing ploy. If you read about the bioavailiability you will be able to find the best kinds to use.

All of users posts in this thread have been loaded with great info. I just want to point out that aspirin lasts a long time. It permanently changes your platelets irreversibly, so it doesnt actually leave your system until those platelets do. Expect the aspirin to stay in your system for a full two weeks. Time of day that you administer shouldn't really play much of a role.

Thanks Zeek! I never knew fish oil is good for the blood. I will be hitting the health Food store tomorrow and stocking up. I might even buy a baby aspirin

Great thread:

I usually take bee pollen( little pebbles form) Grounded flax seed with blue berry, Fruits & Vegetables powders sometimes, (I know a lot of times I don't get my daily intake for some fruits and veggies) Then If I don't have that, I usually take Now Foods, Colloidal Minerals which is good shit.

From my understanding it common for people to have an excess amount of Vitamin A, k and Iron, which could cause some of those problems. I will be getting my hemo check out this week... Thanks!

Im only 25 but I was told I had higher than normal iron at 22. Nothing off the charts (dont know the number) but enough the dr told me "you may wanna donate blood every few months" he also told me if it got worse that I could get cleared to donate twice a month. But I havent been back there in about 2 years...

My question is just going back in and having them just check my iron levels again enough? Or should I ask for some certain type of panel?

Zeek is not a man...or some man...or one man...he is

Funny+Man+pictures+2112+%25282%2529.jpg

Thanks Zeek! I never knew fish oil is good for the blood. I will be hitting the health Food store tomorrow and stocking up. I might even buy a baby aspirin

Fish oil helps with HDL but it's main purpose for me is to keep trigs nice and low! that will have it's benefits over the long haul IMO

User, as always you add a wealth of knowledge, thanks brother!

Good stuff, guys. Thanks. I'm planning a test/eq cycle and it will be my first time running eq. I didn't realize it affects hemoglobin as much or worse than deca. RE: donating blood -- what do guys do who can't donate blood due to recent tattoo's putting them on the no-go list?

Thank you for bumping this! Guys test your hemocrit at least 4 times per year if you are on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and at least post cycle before cycles to the guys that cycle.

You guys want to know what takes the majority of guys down in this lifestyle? it's the high hemocrit and the problems that come along with it.

does the 50$ female panel test off that one website include hemocrit? also i take 3-4gs of fish oil per day now, how much should that increase on cycle if at all?

I take a ton of fish oil, it has gotten to the point where I will actually pop 7-8 of them with some meals. some days I might take 20 or more. mainly for lowering trigs although it does help some with HDL, look into foods like avacado, extra virgin olive oils to also help the HDL.

not all fish oil is the same! check to see that it does come from deep ocean water fish and that there is some kind of mercury test in place for it. I buy the huge containers from BJ's.

Another huge plus of the fish oil is that it lubes the joints!! I have zero joint pain etc since I have been the fish oil maniac ;) as my family refers to me

Last edited:
User has helped me with this stuff tremendously as well. As stated above, these are the supps that I take myself daily for this type of stuff.

1 81mg aspirin
6 grams fish oil
2400 mg red yeast rice
400mg coq10
2100mg hawthorne berry
25mg dhea

I may start niacin soon getting lipids checked in about a week and will go from there. I give blood every 2 months now. This is all advice given to me by user which I follow strictly now. I check my BP daily.

More posts and discussion on blood work and getting Blood work done regularly and even more frequent for heavy users, testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and older guys like Zeek....lol

LOL I guess I am the resident old man around here! :(

I can't be too old if Meatheads avatar still has some effect on me!

With that said I am going to get my hemocrit checked this week! it was 49 before I jumped back on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) dosages last month so I want to be sure it isn't creeping up on me.

I take a ton of fish oil, it has gotten to the point where I will actually pop 7-8 of them with some meals. some days I might take 20 or more. mainly for lowering trigs although it does help some with HDL, look into foods like avacado, extra virgin olive oils to also help the HDL.

not all fish oil is the same! check to see that it does come from deep ocean water fish and that there is some kind of mercury test in place for it. I buy the huge containers from BJ's.

Another huge plus of the fish oil is that it lubes the joints!! I have zero joint pain etc since I have been the fish oil maniac ;) as my family refers to me

thanks for the input, ill look out for that in the fish oil. i love the extra virgin olive oil, drink it straight to get in my fat macros. ok i dont love it, it tastes like shit, but good for the body

Last edited:
Back