are keto diets good?

The ketosis diet is known to shed 8 to 10 lbs of water weight in the first few weeks. This includes the water in your muescles creating a flat look. I don't think you lose your muscle fiber as much as you lose water volume. It is after the initial water weight loss that actual fat loss begins. This is what I know to be true from multiple experiences on this diet. I will never do it again.

So Jimmy...you are saying you shed water making you more leaner and vascular and then you lose fat but not muscle....but you don't want to do it again? Those are exactly the results I'm looking for. My concern is if my #'s in the gym drop. I don't mind a slight drop due to the fact the it is inevitable when losing weight.

Fender said:
So Jimmy...you are saying you shed water making you more leaner and vascular and then you lose fat but not muscle....but you don't want to do it again? Those are exactly the results I'm looking for. My concern is if my #'s in the gym drop. I don't mind a slight drop due to the fact the it is inevitable when losing weight.

I'd say if you just keep lifting heavy as you can you shouldn't lose too much strength...

...I miss carbs. Spin class was not fun this morning...but I couldn't stop because I was teaching it...I need to do some weight training later...blah...

The only thing carbwise that I crave is a PB&J sandwich.....I suppose I could get low-carb bread, natural PB, and sugar-free jelly but it would probably taste like shit.

Fender said:
The only thing carbwise that I crave is a PB&J sandwich.....I suppose I could get low-carb bread, natural PB, and sugar-free jelly but it would probably taste like shit.

Peanut butter and oatmeal...that's what I'm jonesin' for...:yumyum:

Sugar-free jelly tastes good...what about putting it on one of those low-carb tortillas??

Brat said:
Peanut butter and oatmeal...that's what I'm jonesin' for...:yumyum:

Sugar-free jelly tastes good...what about putting it on one of those low-carb tortillas??
I could just save it for a carbload on the weekend....but that is not a bad idea.

adidamps2 said:
my carb up days are wednesday's and pizza night (either friday or saturday nights)!

I just want pancakes and oatmeal (with natty PB)...haha...good thing my dad and I go to breakfast every Saturday...:wiggle:

I really dont crave carbs, and saturdays I dont either, I just eat them cuz im supposed to but its always nice to break out and have a nice cheat meal and not have to worry what you eat. My carb cravings are gone after a little nibble of whatever I crave thats all I need is a taste.

Fender said:
Popi...I find Glucorell-R works to eliminate the bloating shitty feeling.

What other AF stuff have you used?? I'm lookin' at putting in an order, depending on how much my paycheck is...

I'm on Cardio Breeze right now and can really feel it...haven't been on long enough to see any results but it does give me a boost of energy.

Fender said:
I'm on Cardio Breeze right now and can really feel it...haven't been on long enough to see any results but it does give me a boost of energy.

And the Glucorell really works with the carbs?? I'm hesitant to try anything that makes claims about carb-shuttling or blocking...:dunno:

Brat said:
And the Glucorell really works with the carbs?? I'm hesitant to try anything that makes claims about carb-shuttling or blocking...:dunno:
I believe it really does work. Like I mentioned I used to do Atkins and when I take Glucorell, my pee smells exactly like it did when I was in Ketosis. I also don't feel like crap after eating carbs such as a pile of whole wheat pasta.

Cardio Breeze and the keto diet?? Does it help, because my endurance is SHOT...

adidamps2 said:
diet rock star..4 grams of carbs total 2 sugar 2 grams taurine 400mg caffine

Too many carbs...plus, I've tried some of those energy drinks...taste like grass...I like Speed Stack...

Back