Arnold and Dianabol

Yess doggy, it shocked me too...

Fact is we can't know what Arnold really took.

We do know:

- He was the top guy at his time
- He is extremely ambitious
- He seems to push the enveloppe (4 hour workouts, not affraid of fainting in the gym...)

So knowing some of Arnold's tendencies, it can easily be assumed that he took quite a bit of steroid, probably more than what was normal at the time. GH, whatever was available, he use it.

Whatever his dose was, d-bol isn't d-bol anymore. It was much more potent way back when. Today we have the pussyfied version of it

Thanks guys - interesting info. The conensus seems to be Dianabol and Primo, taken at relatively high doses.

I wonder if they knew about cycling etc back then or just used them continuously. I had a while back spoken to someone who said he knew Arnold, Columbo, Draper etc, and that it was Dbol and oxy they all took (and that back then the dbol pills were yellow in colour).

Here's another related question. Presumably they did not have synthetic testosterone back then. If so, isn't Arnie's body proof you don't need to take test with dbol (as some bodybuilders now swear you need to do)?

GIB said:

Here's another related question. Presumably they did not have synthetic testosterone back then. If so, isn't Arnie's body proof you don't need to take test with dbol (as some bodybuilders now swear you need to do)?

GIB, this is a very good point to make. I'm glad that you mentioned this. Look at the top bodybuilders of the 70's. They had some pretty impressive physiques to say the least. They didn't use Test, but most of them did consume Methandrostenolone (Dianabol) as their number one choice of AAS. What, an ORAL STEROID, NO TEST, according to the majority of this board that is absurd and highly advised against. You have to have Test in your cycle to have a good cycle...oh really, are you 100% sure about that? I'm wondering if people just say this because it is generally accepted as the in-thing to agree on today. Don't rock the boat, go with the flow is what people do when they can't think for themselves. What a shame!

I'm a firm believer that you can have a good cycle without Test as the backbone of your cycle. I don't believe that every steroid is good enough to be used alone in a cycle, but I do believe and know for sure that D-bol can be used successfully alone or stacked with something other than Test. :cool:

Duanabol - hey I entirely agree. I am new to this board, but it seems to be a trend, esp among guys, to say D-bol MUST be stacked with test to be effective. (Also common is to call you a wimp for not wanting to inject). I totally diasgree with this view, and I think there is a good scientific reasoning and real evidence that dbol on its own is very effective. I think those that say you must take test with it are people who have overused dbol to the extent that they have shut down test production or deregulated androgenic receptors. In those cases, sure you wil get better results with adding test. But ideally, in my view, you should be using dbol only for 6-8 week periods, with decent breaks, so as to minimize the down test production or deregulated androgenic receptors.

I agree that you can have very good cycles even not using test.
I had my most amzing results with a d-bol/winny/tren cycle.
Good lean gains.

DUANABOL said:
GIB, this is a very good point to make. I'm glad that you mentioned this. Look at the top bodybuilders of the 70's. They had some pretty impressive physiques to say the least. They didn't use Test, but most of them did consume Methandrostenolone (Dianabol) as their number one choice of AAS. What, an ORAL STEROID, NO TEST, according to the majority of this board that is absurd and highly advised against. You have to have Test in your cycle to have a good cycle...oh really, are you 100% sure about that? I'm wondering if people just say this because it is generally accepted as the in-thing to agree on today. Don't rock the boat, go with the flow is what people do when they can't think for themselves. What a shame!

I'm a firm believer that you can have a good cycle without Test as the backbone of your cycle. I don't believe that every steroid is good enough to be used alone in a cycle, but I do believe and know for sure that D-bol can be used successfully alone or stacked with something other than Test. :cool:
makes sense that if you add ANYTHING whether its DBOL or whatever it is going to be better than nothing of course . im sure people have just discovered thru personal trial and error that test is the best is why they advocate its use so highly as basis for any stack . it is the daddy of all hormones bro .

Batman said:
I agree that you can have very good cycles even not using test.
I had my most amzing results with a d-bol/winny/tren cycle.
Good lean gains.
of course this will give good results stacking 3 different drugs bro .

i have taken d-bol alone and got good results ...but that was one of my first cycles ever...so that being said i am unsure how well it would work now that i have a few under my belt

jcp2 said:
Only arnold knows what arnold took, the rumors have always been that he loved the primo dbol combo, but who knows. I doubt arnolds doses were all that high, his best shape was 6'2 238 on stage. That is fucking small to todays standards.

I have to disagree.....he was freaky huge but because of his height he may not be as big as the guys of today. He was 6'2" 238lbs, but he had 22" arms, a 57" chest with a 34" waist. Today not many BB's break the 6' mark, Markus Rhul, Ronnie Coleman, Kevin Levrone, Jay Cutler, are all under 6 feet tall. Le priest is 5'4" tall and he compete's at 205lbs and he looks like a brick shit house! My point is that many people underestimate genetics. Everyone reacts differently to steroids. And believe it or not diet doesn't mean much when on the juice. Arnold has been quoted saying he mixed his protein shakes with whiskey. He used to do squats until he collapsed and go to the pub in Germany for pitchers (not pints) of beer, and whole chickens and potatoes. Ron Pearl, another excellent physique, much like Arnolds, claimed to be a vegetarian. Other than fish he ate no meat and didn't eat eggs very often. Bottom line is not everyone will look like Arnold, it's how your genetics react to the gear and training. just my 2 cents.

Justusgreen said:
I have to disagree.....he was freaky huge but because of his height he may not be as big as the guys of today. He was 6'2" 238lbs, but he had 22" arms, a 57" chest with a 34" waist.
I am not sure what this means but Gunther is the same height at 315 on stage, and void of water, so if arnold hit the diuretics and went down to the same bodyfat percentages these guys did, he would be in the 220's. Also those things arnold said, i call bullshit, he is a master of mind games, exagerating and plain lying, all of pumping iron is bullshit. I do agree his was phenomenal, and probalby the best all time, with his proportions.

jcp2 said:
I am not sure what this means but Gunther is the same height at 315 on stage, and void of water, so if arnold hit the diuretics and went down to the same bodyfat percentages these guys did, he would be in the 220's. Also those things arnold said, i call bullshit, he is a master of mind games, exagerating and plain lying, all of pumping iron is bullshit. I do agree his was phenomenal, and probalby the best all time, with his proportions.
he was the best of his era but those measurements werent taken me or anyone i know so who knows how big he really was :confused:

i think i am 'stupider' for having read some of these posts.( i gave up reading after the first page)

Don't think that Arnold didn't do any Test and Deca, because he did. Yes, the dbol back then was a lot more potent, but it also worked good because like everybody on this board says, it was mixed with Test!

arnold is not 6;2 thats amedia myth

he is actually shorter than you think,

my partner is an attorney that deals with him directly as a governor now and she said he looks "slight"

and definatly not over 5,10

Back