Ask Anything You Want about TRT Thread........

Is 1 ml too much to inject on Subq? whats the maximum ml limit for subq?

I've never tried injecting anything over .5ml subQ before, but the general consensus seems to be that .5ml is the max if you want to avoid a lump. I suppose if you wanted to inject more you could just use multiple sites.

So I tried a new doctor today who said he has close to 40 patients on TRT. The youngest being 26 years old. I told him my story and he said that we should try Tamoxifen. Anybody tried this? He said it is a breast cancer drug that has been known to raise Testosterone as well as keep estrogen down. Worth a shot or should I try another doctor?

Can Testosterone make a head/chest cold linger? I had a cold in december, took about 10 days to clear my head, but it never left my chest. Still have lots of mucus I'm coughing up daily for a month now, never had it linger like this. I haven't gone to the doctor about it because its a minor thing and I go to the doctor enough lol. I'm probably just being crazy but I figured I'd ask if anyone else has experienced this.

So I tried a new doctor today who said he has close to 40 patients on TRT. The youngest being 26 years old. I told him my story and he said that we should try Tamoxifen. Anybody tried this? He said it is a breast cancer drug that has been known to raise Testosterone as well as keep estrogen down. Worth a shot or should I try another doctor?

Tamoxifen (Nolva) is a SERM. It will not lower estrogen, but it will "trick" the pituitary into not recognizing it. In the HPTA feedback loop, when the pituitary senses that estrogen is low, it produces more LH telling the testicles to make more testosterone. More testosterone results in more aromatization of testosterone into estrogen. The pituitary stops LH output (or lessens it) when it senses high estrogen. Thus, it is a feedback loop. Tamoxifen disrupts this feedback loop and basically tricks the pituitary into putting out more LH.

Clomid is usually used for this rather than Nolva. Clomid is another SERM. I would ask your doc, 1) Why he thinks Tamoxifen will lower estrogen and 2) why he thinks Tamoxifen is better than clomifene.

Also, since your estrogen will increase, you need to talk to your doc about monitoring Estradiol while doing this and using an Aromatase Inhibitor should it become too elevated. By the way, the AI will also help increase testosterone levels by lowering estrogen in the same feedback loop previously described.

What it comes down to ia that your doc wants to do an HPTA restart.

Can Testosterone make a head/chest cold linger? I had a cold in december, took about 10 days to clear my head, but it never left my chest. Still have lots of mucus I'm coughing up daily for a month now, never had it linger like this. I haven't gone to the doctor about it because its a minor thing and I go to the doctor enough lol. I'm probably just being crazy but I figured I'd ask if anyone else has experienced this.

Sometimes a cold is just a cold. You may have a respiratory infection.

Thank you Megatron. So do you suggest as far as protocol with the Tamoxifen. I responded really well to Clomid but I was only on it for 2 weeks at 50mg a day. My test jumped from 275 to 800 but my total estrogen went from 58 to 198 as well.

So my list is:
1. I will ask the Doctor why Tamoxifen over Clomid.
2. I will ask him what protocol he plans on
3. I will ask him his plan if estrogen rises too high on Tamoxifen.

I guess I just need to know what is a good protocol for this so I know if I should give him a shot.

The doctor said he has never used Clomid. He said he would put me on 10mg of Tamoxifen per day for a long term solution. Obviously with periodic blood test. Is this worth a shot or should I look elsewhere? He did not comment on the estrogen.

Sorry about multiple post but wanted to give an update from today. I tried one more clinic and they wanted to do the Pellets for 3,800 dollars a year. No thanks. My only option as of now is to do the 10mg of Tamoxifen per day. This is so exhausting.

Sorry about multiple post but wanted to give an update from today. I tried one more clinic and they wanted to do the Pellets for 3,800 dollars a year. No thanks. My only option as of now is to do the 10mg of Tamoxifen per day. This is so exhausting.

Have you talked with IMT?

Yes I have. They are great but unfortunately do not support insurance and I just cant do the 33 or 3500/year. That is why it is so frustrating that I can't find a doctor because that is the whole point of paying for insurance so that I don't have to pay that much per year.

Thank you Megatron. So do you suggest as far as protocol with the Tamoxifen. I responded really well to Clomid but I was only on it for 2 weeks at 50mg a day. My test jumped from 275 to 800 but my total estrogen went from 58 to 198 as well.

So my list is:
1. I will ask the Doctor why Tamoxifen over Clomid.
2. I will ask him what protocol he plans on
3. I will ask him his plan if estrogen rises too high on Tamoxifen.

I guess I just need to know what is a good protocol for this so I know if I should give him a shot.

Total Estrogen don't matter. Its Estradiol and Estradiol sensitive you need to look at in men.

Thanks Apollon. I am trying to find the Men's Hormome panel at Privatemdlabs now that test for E sensitive. Did the price go up?

Just type Hormone Panel for Males in their search bar. It is right there. $172 before the 15% discount. I assume you are signed up for their newsletter and get their coupon codes, but here is the current one. It should be pretty easy to find the panel if you just use their search function.

KE97T1

Tamoxifen (Nolva) is a SERM. It will not lower estrogen, but it will "trick" the pituitary into not recognizing it. In the HPTA feedback loop, when the pituitary senses that estrogen is low, it produces more LH telling the testicles to make more testosterone. More testosterone results in more aromatization of testosterone into estrogen. The pituitary stops LH output (or lessens it) when it senses high estrogen. Thus, it is a feedback loop. Tamoxifen disrupts this feedback loop and basically tricks the pituitary into putting out more LH.

Clomid is usually used for this rather than Nolva. Clomid is another SERM. I would ask your doc, 1) Why he thinks Tamoxifen will lower estrogen and 2) why he thinks Tamoxifen is better than clomifene.

Also, since your estrogen will increase, you need to talk to your doc about monitoring Estradiol while doing this and using an Aromatase Inhibitor should it become too elevated. By the way, the AI will also help increase testosterone levels by lowering estrogen in the same feedback loop previously described.

What it comes down to ia that your doc wants to do an HPTA restart.

In my experience, which is generally low except when it comes to restarts - Nolvadex is preferred in a lot of cases. Clomid is used alot - but mostly because guys just think Nolvadex is for gyno only. Clomid causes a bunch of sides in many men, from emotional swings to eye floaters - whereas Nolvadex does not. In three years of Nolva, I just had low libido. In 3 weeks of Clomid, I couldn't watch TV without crying. Virtually never have I read about someone having trouble with a Nolva restart that was then successful from Clomid.

On the SERM scale they go something like this (10=best, 1=worst)
----------------
SERM / Side effects / Impact on HPTA / Gyno protection and and reversal
----------------
Clomid / 7 / 10 / 1
Nolvadex / 3 / 10 / 7
Raloxifene / 2 / 3 / 9

-Jim

I have been on TRT for 7 months. I am 3 weeks into my new protocol of 200mg a week and .25mg Anastrozole every 3.5 days. I changed from my old protocol of 300 mg EOW with no AI. I have noticed that my face is starting to break out with this new protocol. Is this a sign of estradiol being too high? I was getting acne on my back and chest with the old protocol but at least it was not on my face. I don't get labs done for about 6 more weeks so I don't have any current numbers for you. I did have labs done with my old protocol and my total test was 2115 and my estradiol was 93 at LabsMD (peak with no AI). Even though I am taking an AI now, I am taking more test as well. I have the freedom to raise or lower my dosages and injections of test and AI as I need to. Any thoughts? It has been 48 hrs since my last injection and I have felt hot all day even though its snowing and cold outside. Another sign of high estradiol?

I have been on TRT for 7 months. I am 3 weeks into my new protocol of 200mg a week and .25mg Anastrozole every 3.5 days. I changed from my old protocol of 300 mg EOW with no AI. I have noticed that my face is starting to break out with this new protocol. Is this a sign of estradiol being too high? I was getting acne on my back and chest with the old protocol but at least it was not on my face. I don't get labs done for about 6 more weeks so I don't have any current numbers for you. I did have labs done with my old protocol and my total test was 2115 and my estradiol was 93 at LabsMD (peak with no AI). Even though I am taking an AI now, I am taking more test as well. I have the freedom to raise or lower my dosages and injections of test and AI as I need to. Any thoughts? It has been 48 hrs since my last injection and I have felt hot all day even though its snowing and cold outside. Another sign of high estradiol?

Your total test is 2100+ and your just on trt ?
Dude you are on a full blown cycle , no wonder your breaking out.. What was your baseline numbers before getting on trt ?

Back