Ask Anything You Want about TRT Thread........

Remind me...Why the 200 mg of Test a week again?
Aren't you new to TRT?

I started TRT in July. I was getting 300mg EOW and no anastrozole. That was not working out so I found another place and went two days ago. Now I take 200 mg EW and I was suspicious of their anastrozole dosage so I posted on here for second opinion. Does that answer your question?

Okay so I got my blood work back today and it was better than I expected but still not awesome. A little history first.

Stared at age 26 with Testoserone at 275 ng/Dl (tested twice 7 days apart)

Then I did a "restart" with Clomid 2x a day for 14 days and it jumped my testosterone to 752 and Estradiol to 52 (2 - 48 range)

After 6 months off the Clomid treatment I went to 431 ng/dl testoserone and 11.7 Estradiol. ( LH 4.5 1.7-8.6 mIU/mL .......FSH 4.5 1.5-12.4 mIU/mL)

Now yesterday ( 4 months after previous test) I tested at 408 ng/dl testosterone and 21.2 Estradiol.....LH 5.2.....FSH 4.3

I am guessing not Doctor is going to help me out with these numbers. So I guess I either self medicate or just deal with it. I guess it is better than where I started at 275.

Okay so I got my blood work back today and it was better than I expected but still not awesome. A little history first.

Then I did a "restart" with Clomid 2x a day for 14 days and it jumped my testosterone to 752 and Estradiol to 52 (2 - 48 range)

After 6 months off the Clomid treatment I went to 431 ng/dl testoserone and 11.7 Estradiol. ( LH 4.5 1.7-8.6 mIU/mL .......FSH 4.5 1.5-12.4 mIU/mL)

Now yesterday ( 4 months after previous test) I tested at 408 ng/dl testosterone and 21.2 Estradiol.....LH 5.2.....FSH 4.3

I am guessing not Doctor is going to help me out with these numbers. So I guess I either self medicate or just deal with it. I guess it is better than where I started at 275.

Why don't you try running the clomid for a lot longer than 2 weeks? Give it more time to do its trick.

That was the Doctors orders and all he would prescribe. Are you saying I should try again? How long should I run it and at what dose?

I would try 25 mg a day for a few months and run labs while on it after 1 month and then 2 months....
after 2 months you can continue for another 2 months and then off it....
Or take 50 mg Mon, Wed, Fri for 4 months...
works out the same either way. The 25 mg a day gives you a lower dose and an extra 25 mg a week.
Pretty sure wr been over this....this will most likely get you back to 750ishevels again and then you will slowly come down.
how did you feel on TRT?
depends what you want to do...its your life.
i would get your baseline SHBG and Free Test before doing anything though.

I started TRT in July. I was getting 300mg EOW and no anastrozole. That was not working out so I found another place and went two days ago. Now I take 200 mg EW and I was suspicious of their anastrozole dosage so I posted on here for second opinion. Does that answer your question?

Ya. That adex dose is ridiculous and down right dangerous. ..could kill you. 1 mg a day for 14 days straight man?
Are you serious? Do you really want this person treating you?

That was the Doctors orders and all he would prescribe. Are you saying I should try again? How long should I run it and at what dose?

Yes, try again. And as Apollon said, run the clomid for two or three months. Give it time to help your HPTA.

You can order some from RUI - their banner ad is at the top of your screen. And see my signature for how to get private blood work without going through a doc.

You only ran the stuff for 2 weeks. ..
275-750 is a good jump in Test in just 2 weeks.
Who knows...had u stayed on that dose another 2-4 more weeks you could have very well hit 1000ng/dl.
Only time will tell with another restart.
Just stay on it for 4 months. 25 mg a day. Run labs while on it after a month. See what your response is in LH/FSH, TT, Estradiol and you can continue for 3 more months at same dose. Heck i know guys that said it started helping them more after month 6.

So why doesn't everyone do Clomid vs HRT?? What are the the side effects that we know about? Do I just wait until my numbers get close to 1000 and then come off the Clomid for a few months and repeat?

So why doesn't everyone do Clomid vs HRT?? What are the the side effects that we know about? Do I just wait until my numbers get close to 1000 and then come off the Clomid for a few months and repeat?

Clomid doesn't work for everyone who is hypogonadal.

Generally in a restart, you run clomid for a period of time and then come off. The true test is not how you respond while on clomid, but what happens a few months after you stop using it. Many guys are not able to sustain decent TT levels after coming off clomid.

Ya. That adex dose is ridiculous and down right dangerous. ..could kill you. 1 mg a day for 14 days straight man?
Are you serious? Do you really want this person treating you?

Unfortunately I had to drive 5 hours to see this person. I can not find anyone in my state that is willing to let me inject myself and prescribe an AI. There are some clinics two hours away from me but I can't drive there each week for an injection and I am not going to do pellets or gels. Yes, it is a fucked up dosage. However the positive thing is that I have a lot of freedom in my protocol and my insurance covers it. I can stick with the 200mg of test a week or I can bump it up if needed. It is a reliable source for the medicine I need. I will just have to be smart about it. I will still have to get labs routinely and physicals from my doctor to make sure I am in good health. I could have gone with one of the mail order places but I wanted to see someone in person. That has not worked out that great so I may still switch.

Unfortunately I had to drive 5 hours to see this person. I can not find anyone in my state that is willing to let me inject myself and prescribe an AI. There are some clinics two hours away from me but I can't drive there each week for an injection and I am not going to do pellets or gels. Yes, it is a fucked up dosage. However the positive thing is that I have a lot of freedom in my protocol and my insurance covers it. I can stick with the 200mg of test a week or I can bump it up if needed. It is a reliable source for the medicine I need. I will just have to be smart about it. I will still have to get labs routinely and physicals from my doctor to make sure I am in good health. I could have gone with one of the mail order places but I wanted to see someone in person. That has not worked out that great so I may still switch.

Is this Endo young that you are seeing?
I understand. Anyway you don't have to take as much as she says. Take 1/4 tab with each shot then 3 days later another....
then get labs private somewhere.
you can probably greatly reduce the a.i.
if you do E3D or twice weekly shots and maybe take a super low dose of adex with each shot (like 0.125 mg)...but that is AFTER you have ran labs and confirm you need it.

Is this Endo young that you are seeing?
I understand. Anyway you don't have to take as much as she says. Take 1/4 tab with each shot then 3 days later another....
then get labs private somewhere.
you can probably greatly reduce the a.i.
if you do E3D or twice weekly shots and maybe take a super low dose of adex with each shot (like 0.125 mg)...but that is AFTER you have ran labs and confirm you need it.

An Endo that supports this protocol would be nice but I could not find one. This is a testosterone clinic with a PA on staff and a medical director that oversees their decisions. There is a little more to the whole story, too much to explain here. I can see how they made a mistake on the AI but basically they got me in and gave me the meds I need. luckily I caught the mistake. My plan for the mean time is to inject 200 mg test on Thursday and take .25mg of anastrozole with my shot and then another .25 mg on Monday morning. I have the option of bumping it up to 300 mg of test a week. I would like to do that and either inject all of that for a while or save 100 mg a week until I have enough to run a 500 mg a week beginners cycle.

I never went to an endo, just family practice doc so I was never told if I was primary or secondary, just that I had low TT. Given the fact that I was low, went on treatment for 6 months, stopped for 3-4 years and was still low (240's) when I checked again, I assume there is no chance any sort of a restart would benefit me. Correct?

I never went to an endo, just family practice doc so I was never told if I was primary or secondary, just that I had low TT. Given the fact that I was low, went on treatment for 6 months, stopped for 3-4 years and was still low (240's) when I checked again, I assume there is no chance any sort of a restart would benefit me. Correct?

You could try. What do you have to lose?

Do you remember what your LH and FSH came in at when your doc diagnosed you with hypogonadism?

I'm not sure if it was checked. I might possibly still have the paperwork somewhere. It was coded as a yearly physical with testosterone added. If I find it and it's on there, I'll reply.

Edit: this latest doc, I just told him I was on it before and he did the physical and tt test. I'm not even sure I've heard the term hypogonadism before researching trt andcfinding this site.

Last edited:
My wife and I did my first at home 200mg test injection tonight. It went smoothe. I also took .25 mg anastrozole. It's hard to believe that little part of a little pill will keep my estradiol in check. Last Thursday I had a 200mg test and a B-12 shot and I have felt great all week.

Since I started TRT in July, I feel HOT quite often. It's worse than just being hot it's more of a HOT feeling if you know what I mean. Could this be overly high estradiol level or is it from high test level? Just to refresh your memory, I was on 300mg test EOW with no AI. I recently started a new regimen with 200mg EW and .25 mg anastrozole every 3.5 days. I have taken one dose so far of the anastrozole. I started this new regimen because my E2 was at 93 on LabsMD scale. How long does it take to lower E2 to normal levels? A more annoying problem than the hot flashes is I have trouble achieving orgasm quite a bit. Not necessarily an ED problem but possibly a sensitivity problem. I have read this could be a side effect of high E2.

Last edited:
Since I started TRT in July, I feel HOT quite often. It's worse than just being hot it's more of a HOT feeling if you know what I mean. Could this be overly high estradiol level or is it from high test level? Just to refresh your memory, I was on 300mg test EOW with no AI. I recently started a new regimen with 200mg EW and .25 mg anastrozole every 3.5 days. I have taken one dose so far of the anastrozole. I started this new regimen because my E2 was at 93 on LabsMD scale. How long does it take to lower E2 to normal levels? A more annoying problem than the hot flashes is I have trouble achieving orgasm quite a bit. Not necessarily an ED problem but possibly a sensitivity problem. I have read this could be a side effect of high E2.

Could be an estradiol and/or Prolactin problem. Give your new protocol time to level out and then get blood work. Should take about 6 weeks.

When you change more than one variable at a time it is hard to figure out what is causing issues.

Could be an estradiol and/or Prolactin problem. Give your new protocol time to level out and then get blood work. Should take about 6 weeks.

When you change more than one variable at a time it is hard to figure out what is causing issues.

I had prolactin checked a few months ago. The old doctor wanted to rule out prolactinoma or some sort of growth. Luckily that was normal. Unless prolactin levels can change with protocols, I would say it is probably estradiol. I will see if things even out over time. Besides the hot flashes and trouble reaching orgasm, I would say my erections are not always as "rigid" and "steely" as they should be. From what I read these are classic symptoms of high estradiol. Are estradiol and E2 the same thing?

Back