Ask Anything You Want about TRT Thread........

What would you guys gather from these results in a 60 year old man

Testosterone= 342 LOW Scale= 348-1197 ng/dL 01

LH= 4.6 Scale= 1.7-8.6 mIU/mL 01

FSH= 2.6 Scale=1.5-12.4 mIU/mL 01

Estradiol= 6.0 LOW Scale= 7.6-42.6 pg/mL

Last edited:

Testosterone= 342 LOW 348-1197 ng/dL 01

LH= 4.6 1.7-8.6 mIU/mL 01

FSH= 2.6 1.5-12.4 mIU/mL 01

Estradiol= 6.0 LOW 7.6-42.6 pg/mL

Theres guys in their 20's and 30's with those levels.
For a 60 year old it's to be expected. Borderline hypogonadal.

I was just reading some studies with that low of estradiol can be really harmful. Maybe you guys can look over the article and let me know if it is BS. It basically says that the combo of low E and T increases your chances of death drastically over a 5 year period. Probably BS

Why Estrogen Balance is Critical to Aging Men ? Life Extension

Would you say he needed to consult with a doctor or just keep monitoring it?

Last edited:
I was just reading some studies with that low of estradiol can be really harmful. Maybe you guys can look over the article and let me know if it is BS. It basically says that the combo of low E and T increases your chances of death drastically over a 5 year period. Probably BS

Not BS at all. Low estradiol can lead to quite a few unpleasant symptoms, and has been linked to several long term negative health effects.

Low E2 is often seen in conjunction with lower levels of testosterone. That also appears to be the non sensitive test on that bloodwork, so I'd expect the sensitive E2 test to show borderline undetectable levels of estradiol. That's no good.

You have Secondary Hypogonadism probably. Was the blood work drawn first thing in the morning?

Your estradiol is low because your testosterone is low.

I hate it when articles bold and underline every few words. A few here or there is fine, but when they do it so frequently it looses its effect and instead becomes annoying. It said that most men do not know their Estradiol level...no kidding, really? Most men do not know ANY of their stats, even blood pressure and calm heart rate, so a relatively unknown such as E2 is not shocking.

That said, my only real complaint is that they studied men with chronic heart failure, as opposed to your regular joe. The results most likely will be seen to a degree in regular men. I would like to see a study where otherwise healthy men are checked.

Low E is definitely bad, I don't know about reducing your life span but it will wreck your liver, screw up your cholesterol and drive IGF-1 and glucose through the roof.

Tell us more about this anonymous 60 year old male.
Is he lean? Does he workout, have a strenuous physical demanding job atleast ?

Tell us more about this anonymous 60 year old male.
Is he lean? Does he workout, have a strenough physical demanding job atleast ?

I have been on 100mg every 5 days. When is the best day to do a bloodtest? The morning on the day I have to take my injection? Or skip an injection and do it on the 10th day?

I have been on 100mg every 5 days. When is the best day to do a bloodtest? The morning on the day I have to take my injection? Or skip an injection and do it on the 10th day?

To check trough get blood work on injection day, but before doing the injection. Don't skip.

To check trough get blood work on injection day, but before doing the injection. Don't skip.

Because I inject once every 5 days. Won't my testostrone levels be high by default? With a half-life of 5 days, 50% of that 100mg will still be in my blood when I do the blood test.

So you are saying to get to a doctor asap with Estradiol that low?

No I'm just saying get it up and discontinue the anastrozole.

If your E is low cause you have no T, then as Megatron suggested TRT would help fix these issues.

Its not a life or death go to the emergency room type of thing if thats what you mean, its just a problem that is only going to compound if left untreated.

Last edited:
Because I inject once every 5 days. Won't my testostrone levels be high by default? With a half-life of 5 days, 50% of that 100mg will still be in my blood when I do the blood test.

Well sure, if the half-life is 5 days, half of the 100mg will still be there after 5 days. As well as one quarter of the prior injection and one eighth of the one prior to that and so on. The injections keep cumulating on top of each other.

So between your injections every 5 days, your serum blood level of testosterone has a range. A peak and a trough. When we get blood work we want to see what out range is. It is useful to check both peak and trough. Peak is generally around two days after your injection. Trough is generally around the day you inject but prior to actually doing the injection. Check both points in time and you will know your range on a given TRT protocol.

Skipping an injection and waiting 5 days would not tell you what your range is between your every 5-day injections. But if you really want to, don't inject for about 6 weeks and you will see what it looks like to have no test in you.

Back