Ask Anything You Want about TRT Thread........

Hi I'm M 25 age 71 kg weigh 1.89 cm tall , single, normal diet
I've been working out more than half two years and for the last two months i started feel my body has no energy with exhaust and tried while working out, some friends advised me to do testo test, I've done it and these are the results below :

testosterone 3.2 pg/ml normal value(2.5-10)
FSH 21 mIU/ml normal value(1-14)
LH 16 mIU/ml normal value (0.7-7.4)
TSH 0.7 u/l(0.5-5.5)
T3 2.3 n.mol/l(1.2-2.85)
T4 135 n.mol/l(54-152)

Is that testo ratio causes the exhaust and tried ? and does it has a relation with my beard hair because its not completed and there is an empty spot between beard and chin hair...I'm thinking of 500 mg/wk test E .

What do u suggest for me to do plz ?

Your LH and FSH are way above normal and your Testosterone is on the low side. That indicates Primary Hypogonadism which means there is a problem with your testicles. Have you had any trauma to them or illnesses?

You need to see a Urologist and get them checked out.

Your LH and FSH are way above normal and your Testosterone is on the low side. That indicates Primary Hypogonadism which means there is a problem with your testicles. Have you had any trauma to them or illnesses?

You need to see a Urologist and get them checked out.

I dont think I've had any trauma to them or illnesses, I saw an Internist and he contemplated the results and said "everything is okay there is nothing to worry about " and gave me multivitamin :( ,should I see a Urologist or Endocrinologist instead ? plz

I dont think I've had any trauma to them or illnesses, I saw an Internist and he contemplated the results and said "everything is okay there is nothing to worry about " and gave me multivitamin :( ,should I see a Urologist or Endocrinologist instead ? plz

I stand by my recommendation. Read the Basic TRT Overview sticky thread in here. That will help you understand what is going on.

I have been on TRT for a few months. I receive 300mg EOW. Doc has not answered my questions on estrogen levels and AI's and HCG. I have seen some labs on here so I will get my own blood work done and bring it to my doctor to see what he says. My question is how long after my shot should I have this done? I hear estrogen levels can be judged somewhat by morning erections. Sometimes I get em sometimes I don't. Thanks in advance.

I have been on TRT for a few months. I receive 300mg EOW. Doc has not answered my questions on estrogen levels and AI's and HCG. I have seen some labs on here so I will get my own blood work done and bring it to my doctor to see what he says. My question is how long after my shot should I have this done? I hear estrogen levels can be judged somewhat by morning erections. Sometimes I get em sometimes I don't. Thanks in advance.

First change that 300mg EOW to 150mg EW. Some people like to split their weekly dose into 2 doses. 1 shot ever 3.5 days of 75mg in your case. HCG is necessary if you care about your testicle size, not having any cramping in your testicles and your sperm count. I'm following a method currently recommended my Dr. Crisler which is 1 shot of test EW, and on day 5 and 6 use 250iu of HCG, then the next day is the start of the next week.

As far as when to take get blood tests for Test levels, on the week of the blood test don't use the HCG. Take your weekly dose of Test, then take your blood test the morning of your next shot. Here you will be at your lowest point. That's called your trough level. If you want peak levels, that would be 48-72 hours after your injection of Test. Most people just check trough and basically set your dosage to never allow you to go below "this" number. However, it's not a bad idea to have trough in the long run as well.

I know high estrogen can cause ED, and/or low libido. However, so can low estrogen. When I started TRT my estrogen was around 20 with 409 free test. My libido was low, and I wasn't having the random erections like before.

when I started TRT my test level was 170 and I am 39 yrs old. The doctor is checking my test level each month and raising my dosage as we go. Splitting up the dosage would be nice but he will not let me self inject but instead I go to the office to get injected. Everything I read about TRT and the all of the actual TRT clinics stress the importance of using an HCG and an AI. I may have to try to find a more progressive/aggressive doctor (of course I care about the size of my testes). The doctor checks my test levels but not my estrogen. I would like to know when is the best time to check estrogen levels?

when I started TRT my test level was 170 and I am 39 yrs old. The doctor is checking my test level each month and raising my dosage as we go. Splitting up the dosage would be nice but he will not let me self inject but instead I go to the office to get injected. Everything I read about TRT and the all of the actual TRT clinics stress the importance of using an HCG and an AI. I may have to try to find a more progressive/aggressive doctor (of course I care about the size of my testes). The doctor checks my test levels but not my estrogen. I would like to know when is the best time to check estrogen levels?

Read the Basic TRT Overview sticky thread in this forum. That will help you.

You are on a terrible protocol. You need to find a newndoc that will let you self inject. Tell your current doctor that it is a deal breaker for you. lie and tell him your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/whatever is a nurse if it will help.

If you are going to stay on your current once-every-two-weeks schedule, I highly recommend you get blood work to check your peak and trough levels. I bet your E2 is through the roof a couple of days after your injection and probably normal at the end of two weeks.

Glad there is this thread for general questions. Hopefully some advice to give me something to think about / go research more.

I am on TRT; 200mg/week of Cypionate long term.

If I do a cycle (5-600/wk) how concerned do I have to be with PCT knowing I will go back to that 200mg week?

Any help or advice is appreciated

Glad there is this thread for general questions. Hopefully some advice to give me something to think about / go research more.

I am on TRT; 200mg/week of Cypionate long term.

If I do a cycle (5-600/wk) how concerned do I have to be with PCT knowing I will go back to that 200mg week?

Any help or advice is appreciated

This is the TRT forum. You should ask this type of question in the AAS forum.

met with doc yesterday. I brought up once again the estrogen and HCG. He was more receptive this this time. He had just gotten back from a medical conference in which they discussed TRT. His plan is this: he did not check my T levels this time but instead wants to continue with 300mg EOW for another month and then check them along with something else which I cannot remember but it's not estrogen. If he cannot get me feeling better he will send me to an endo at the university about 90 miles away that supposedly specializes in TRT. The doc stated he would like the trough to be at the top of the scale which I am definitely in favor of. He was vague about if the endo would or wouldn't prescribe an AI and HCG so I took that as a yes. My doc has some experience in TRT, he takes care of a good friend of mine with the same affliction and has succeeded with gel. I am not sure if he knows what to do with me. My level of 170 is one of the lowest he has seen and I insisted on injections. I feel so much better since I have been on TRT I can't even describe the soreness in my joints that I have felt over the last couple years and fatigue. I kept thinking I was diabetic so I kept having physicals which uncovered nothing because they didn't test hormones and when my erections got weak I knew something was wrong. that is when my buddy referred me to this doctor. I would stay with him if he would look at estrogen levels, especially since he is willing to increase my dosage from what it currently is. It can't be a fluke that so many people insist an AI and HCG are necessary

met with doc yesterday. I brought up once again the estrogen and HCG. He was more receptive this this time. He had just gotten back from a medical conference in which they discussed TRT. His plan is this: he did not check my T levels this time but instead wants to continue with 300mg EOW for another month and then check them along with something else which I cannot remember but it's not estrogen. If he cannot get me feeling better he will send me to an endo at the university about 90 miles away that supposedly specializes in TRT. The doc stated he would like the trough to be at the top of the scale which I am definitely in favor of. He was vague about if the endo would or wouldn't prescribe an AI and HCG so I took that as a yes. My doc has some experience in TRT, he takes care of a good friend of mine with the same affliction and has succeeded with gel. I am not sure if he knows what to do with me. My level of 170 is one of the lowest he has seen and I insisted on injections. I feel so much better since I have been on TRT I can't even describe the soreness in my joints that I have felt over the last couple years and fatigue. I kept thinking I was diabetic so I kept having physicals which uncovered nothing because they didn't test hormones and when my erections got weak I knew something was wrong. that is when my buddy referred me to this doctor. I would stay with him if he would look at estrogen levels, especially since he is willing to increase my dosage from what it currently is. It can't be a fluke that so many people insist an AI and HCG are necessary

You need to demand, not ask, that he include Estradiol in your blood work. If you don't advocate for yourself nobody else will. You doctor, may be a nice guy, but it is obvious he doesn't know much about TRT based on the care he is giving you.

I am 33 and am trying to learn about trt as I am getting close to that age. I was wondering about people's experience with doctors. If you are on trt and they regulate it, what do you do if you want to run a cycle? Will they cast you out if you just tell them you are going to take a cycle? I don't think you can get away with not telling them. Don't they take blood tests from you on a regular type basis? How open are doctors to people taking steroids?

I was also wondering about how one could go about trt on their own if they don't have health insurance. I have heard of people taking sustanon every few weeks. Could I get a blood test done somehow and post it on here to have people help me interpret it and then take my own trt? Not having health insurance sucks and really prohibits trying to do things the right way and be healthy. Any help on how to go about starting trt without health insurance would be greatly appreciated.

If you can get a doctor to put you on TRT (provided it is needed - and only bloodwork can tell you that, look at the links in Megatron's posts for cheap bloodwork), you can buy the testosterone cypionate out of pocket. It costs about $50 a bottle without insurance, so you should easily be able to afford it. Here is a link to pricing, all of which requires a prescription:

Testosterone Cypionate - Prices, Coupons, and Information - GoodRx

If your doctor wants to give you the injections, ask him to teach you to do it for yourself instead. Do NOT tell him you want to abuse your prescription medication, he will be unhappy about that.

Would I be correct to assume that once on TRT, outside factors such as diet and sleep have little to no effect on testosterone levels?

Obviously diet and sleep would have an effect on overall health, but would they have no effect on T levels because the body is no longer producing its own testosterone, and is relying on endogenous T which follows a specific half life?

Can the half life of testosterone injections be affected by ones lifestyle? Or is it set in stone?

Would I be correct to assume that once on TRT, outside factors such as diet and sleep have little to no effect on testosterone levels?

Obviously diet and sleep would have an effect on overall health, but would they have no effect on T levels because the body is no longer producing its own testosterone, and is relying on endogenous T which follows a specific half life?

Can the half life of testosterone injections be affected by ones lifestyle? Or is it set in stone?

Someone wiser than I, in regards to Testosterine, needs to reply, however, my initial though is still plays a role. To begin with Testosterone effects everyone differently. Thinking logically if you gained 50lbs, the same exact dose of Test may not have the exact same effect as it did before. You most likely also wouldn't be gaining all of the positive benefits if the weight mostly fat. You would also a tougher time managing estrogen with more fat. So, will it effect the exact number, in my mind it would make sense that it would. I think that is when you're talking about optimal and non-optimal.

It is less than if your body was producing its own, but it is still there. In addition, the change of Test to Estradiol is affected by your food, etc., so you need to take care of your body.

Other than extreme situations (starvation and other life threatening events), it is set in stone. It is based on the absorption rate / breakdown of the oil used to carry the testosterone. There will be very minor fluctuations, but insignificant. At least this is what my research has shown me.

Back