Bigtime arm growth, training them 3x/week

justinf

My arms have always lacked, biceps especially and my tri's have been descent. I usually was scared of overtraining them so i stuck to 1x/week , maybe 2x here and there. Well i said fuck it, lemme try a new approach. i been following this 6 week routine i found in muscle & fitness....no flaming please..haha. i been hitting biceps 3x/week, mon-wed-fri , im just starting the 3rd week, my arms are 3/4" bigger (doesnt sound like much, but when i look at them in the mirror, its a huge difference)..im taking 500mg/test...but even on previous cycles, i have never had great arm growth. I'm posting this for anyone who has had problems with there arms growing like me. I Know some of the genetically gifted folks are gonna be like " i dont even need to train my arms, they get enough from deadlifts and bench presses" or " 1x/week hit them hard and they willl grow" well i tried that and that shit dont work for me. If anyone wants me to post the routine , just ask.

yeah I used to try that method 3x/week, but I feel like its over training for me but if it's working for you go for it bro!!!

I'd say training any muscle 3X's a week is serious over training...but what do I know, it seems to be working for you.

everyone is different. I know of guys who train once every two weeks and grow.. It is good that you found what works for you..

Everyone is different! I make masive gains on arms hitting them only once per week for 3-5 sets per.(bis/tris) But like I said...Everyone is different!

That is good they are growing, but dont over train. that is seriously bad fro your muscles.

I've done an overtraining program with good results, but switch them up. One big mistake alot of people make is they switch thier routine, fine good results then thing its the holy fuckin grail of workout routines, and never do anything else but that.

Arms are small remember, they dont need much. I do 3 sets for biceps after my back workout and I'm done, no different from me doing more sets.

You can gain 1" on your arms in a day, however it will be inflamation not muscle.

thanks for the opinions guys...Trevdog..im gonna check out that HST site.

Mudge said:
One big mistake alot of people make is they switch thier routine, fine good results then thing its the holy fuckin grail of workout routines, and never do anything else but that. [/B]

This is a six-week program.

Originally posted by Mudge Arms are small remember, they dont need much. I do 3 sets for biceps after my back workout and I'm done, no different from me doing more sets. [/B]

been there, done that, didnt work.

Last edited:
Mine was a 3 months thing, but it had several change ups throughout. Whole body 3x a week, 2 workouts per day, working up to 12 for most major bodyparts at about the half way point. Rest periods also changed up. It was the most ass kicking I'd ever been through, I still have the stretch marks about 10 years later.

This was known as the Bulgarian program which was later said to be complete BS by Phil Hernon, who was involved in the project to some extent, as was Tom Platz.

Have considered going back to trying it, but at my age I dont believe I have the time, or energy to do it for that long. I do like HST now and again though.

Well mine are 20" and I trained them 3x week for many of years until my arms were where I wanted them. If I got the occasional elbow pain, I backed off. Now I train them 2x week but I always keep a dumbell next to my desk in case I want to do some curls and pump up my arms.

Go for it!!!!

Back