Buzzbaits Journal With (PSL) and 3J

Numbers went down on some lifts and up on others. May be still overtraining a touch. Trying to still decrease volume, since I'm hitting every body part every four days.

Chest/Delts/Bis
315 for 5 FUCK lost one
335 for 2 still feel my chest a little from last WO

DB Press
110 for 12
110 for 9
110 for 7

Incline DB
100 for 10
100 for 9

Delts
DB Flys
40 for 9
40 for 8
40 for 7 dropped to 30 for 5-7
35 for 8

DB Fronts
30 for 8
30 for 7

Smith Machine Close Grip
315 for 5 easier 5 then last 5
315 for 3
295 for 5
275 for 7

DB Behind Neck
110 for 10
110 for 9
110 for 8

Legs tomorrow

Not really brother, just find myself feeling sore after about 3-5 sets. I'm getting big as fuck, but my strength is not rebounding like I thought it would be with the gear in running. Zilla is going to look at volume on WO even though I've cut volume tremendously. I'm thinking I've got to implement a few more rest days, even though my brain and heart wants to fucking kill it for hours daily. I am almost 40, maybe that has something to do with it.

Had a look at your workouts going back a few weeks Buzz.
I don't think volume is a major issue since I always recommend around 40-60 reps per muscle group and your pretty close to that most of the time.

How long have you been training for without a break?
I've noticed that your numbers have gone up across the board over the past few weeks so it may be a case of your muscles making progress, but your joints/tendons/CNS not being able to recover and adapt to the new loads at the same time - hence the fatigue.
Even on cycle, constant linear progression is almost impossible to achieve - especially for experienced lifters.

I have some ideas to reset your journey, but will wait for your response regarding how long you've been training for.

Had a look at your workouts going back a few weeks Buzz.
I don't think volume is a major issue since I always recommend around 40-60 reps per muscle group and your pretty close to that most of the time.

How long have you been training for without a break?
I've noticed that your numbers have gone up across the board over the past few weeks so it may be a case of your muscles making progress, but your joints/tendons/CNS not being able to recover and adapt to the new loads at the same time - hence the fatigue.
Even on cycle, constant linear progression is almost impossible to achieve - especially for experienced lifters.

I have some ideas to reset your journey, but will wait for your response regarding how long you've been training for.
Thanks brother for response. I'll usually never go more then one day off in a row. So basically hitting every BP every four days. I've taken a couple days off now, just to regroup. It just seems when I get in to about the 15-20 rep I'm sore as shit. I've toned down volume as noticed to around 60 rep range, but maybe needing a day or more rest before hitting body parts again? Your advice is extremely appreciative, and applied. Thanks brother

Thanks brother for response. I'll usually never go more then one day off in a row. So basically hitting every BP every four days. I've taken a couple days off now, just to regroup. It just seems when I get in to about the 15-20 rep I'm sore as shit. I've toned down volume as noticed to around 60 rep range, but maybe needing a day or more rest before hitting body parts again? Your advice is extremely appreciative, and applied. Thanks brother

When I say a break I'm not referring to off days during the week since, for most people, rotating gym days with rest days is more than sufficient.

It might be a good idea to either back-cycle for 2 weeks or deload for 1 week.
Back cycle: same volume but reduce the weight by 10% across all lifts - so if you can do 400x8 for squats then drop it to 360x8, etc. Reps/sets stay the same.
Deload: Same weight but drastically reduced volume to 2-3 sets, 1-2 movements per muscle group - basically the minimum necessary to make gains.

Both approaches will allow you to "reset" your CNS, enhance your recovery and come back stronger.
Its important to remember, especially for experienced guys, that progression is almost always going to be non-linear so its important to split up your training to blocks of 4-6 weeks where you go balls to the wall, then 1-2 weeks of resetting using back-cycling/deloading before you go hard for 4-6 weeks again. This is how elite athletes/bodybuilders continue to make progress.
Of course eventually you'll need to take a full break but since your on cycle this isn't the time to discuss it.

I know you want to go hard in the gym every session man but trust me, sometimes you need to take a few steps back in order to make greater strides forward :)

When I say a break I'm not referring to off days during the week since, for most people, rotating gym days with rest days is more than sufficient.

Back cycle: same volume but reduce the weight by 10% across all lifts - so if you can do 400x8 for squats then drop it to 360x8, etc. Reps/sets stay the same.
Deload: Same weight but drastically reduced volume to 2-3 sets, 1-2 movements per muscle group - basically the minimum necessary to make gains.

Both approaches will allow you to "reset" your CNS, enhance your recovery and come back stronger.
Its important to remember, especially for experienced guys, that progression is almost always going to be non-linear so its important to split up your training to blocks of 4-6 weeks where you go balls to the wall, then 1-2 weeks of resetting using back-cycling/deloading before you go hard for 4-6 weeks again. This is how elite athletes/bodybuilders continue to make progress.
Of course eventually you'll need to take a full break but since your on cycle this isn't the time to discuss it.

I know you want to go hard in the gym every session man but trust me, sometimes you need to take a few steps back in order to make greater strides forward :)

^^^ that's pretty awesome advice..!!
But Anyone who goes to the gym and can't leave their ego at the door and lift for themselves would never be able to train like this (they always want to add more weight,, not rest on workout day by just going lighter and less volume) , but that's why advanced athletes are advanced

Once again, phenomenal advice brother. I've taken three days off, and going to implement back cycling in my regimen. Brother I've just always been balls to the wall every WO, but that's now going to change. Zilla thanks brother. I'm seriously gracious for your help

Not really brother, just find myself feeling sore after about 3-5 sets. I'm getting big as fuck, but my strength is not rebounding like I thought it would be with the gear in running. Zilla is going to look at volume on WO even though I've cut volume tremendously. I'm thinking I've got to implement a few more rest days, even though my brain and heart wants to fucking kill it for hours daily. I am almost 40, maybe that has something to do with it.

Your almost 40 ? Really the cussing in your threads make you look like a uneducated 18 yr old kid. Do you kiss your momma with that mouth ?

Last edited:
Your almost 40 ? Really the cussing in your threads make you look like a uneducated 18 yr old kid. Do you kiss your momma with that mouth ?

Lmao, that's a little sensitive isn't it? Perhaps have your estradiol checked. Or just grow up, swearing is a part of the grown up world ;)

edit: I love swear words, they are a great way to convey emotion/passion. You can literally feel Buzz's drive when he says 'time to fucking kill shit!!' lol. Reading this log is motivational in itself haha.

Last edited:
Lmao, that's a little sensitive isn't it? Perhaps have your estradiol checked. Or just grow up, swearing is a part of the grown up world ;)

edit: I love swear words, they are a great way to convey emotion/passion. You can literally feel Buzz's drive when he says 'time to kill shit!!' lol. Reading this log is motivational in itself haha.

Actually it shows immaturity at 39 yrs old , but Im glad you can identify ....enjoy

I sure do and would lick your moms pussy with the same mouth. If you don like my god damn fucking cursing, please don't follow my fucking log. It's who I fucking am, even at almost fucking 40. Sooooo BoBoy if you are offended, role on, I'm here mother fucker, so take a walk

edit: I love swear words, they are a great way to convey emotion/passion. You can literally feel Buzz's drive when he says 'time to kill shit!!' lol. Reading this log is motivational in itself haha.
You get it brother, fucking envy can eat people from the core. Fucking kill it, that's who I am, I'm passionate about my lifestyle. Last I checked ology is not a Sunday school class. Kill shit and don't allow people who hate stop it. I answer for me, not the next man up.

Took four days off to get some needed rest. Decided to just come back with chest. Got a little stronger with the rest. Damn I'm loving this cycle

Chest/Delts/Tris
315 for 6
315 for 6 AGAIN... First time to get same amount on second set

DB Incline
110 for 10 felt fucking awesome
110 for 8 kept at same weight
110 for 6

DB Flys
50 for 10 changing it up with these flys
60 for 6

HS Press
4 45's ES for 7
4 45's ES for 6
3 45's ES for 15 different rep tempo, slow to fast to slow. Pretty cool set, changing pace.

Delts
DB laterals
40 for 9 this lifter has gone up tremendously
40 for 7
40 for 7

DB Fronts
30 for 9
30 for 8

Triceps
Barbell close grip
275 for 3 hell a lot tougher then Smith
275 for 3 DAMN
225 for 7
225 for 5 I'm spent

Vbar Press
240 for 10
250 for 7
265 for 5
Legs tomorrow.

Still experimenting, took a week off from legs, and came back today stronger then ever on this cycle. Felt great after time off. 405 squats were deep and slow. A very solid first set.

Legs
Squats
405 for 10 fucking killed. Deep
455 for 4, I left one I can be such a pussy sometimes
405 for 5, semi pauses
315 ass to grass two second pauses for 6

Leg extensions
204 plus top plate for 10
204 """""""""""""" for 8
204 """""""""""""" for 9
204 """""""""""""" for 7

Leg curls
168 plus top plate for 6
156 """""""""""""" for 7
144 """""""""""""" for 7

Glute Kicks
85 for 8
85 for 8
In and out in about 45 min. Damn, I think I could have walked out after first set. Lol. Back/Delts/Bis tomorrow

Got me some gooooood fucking back in. Steady and slow growth, that's deca for you. Really digging getting rest and yet growing like shit. Here it is, all numbers increased from previous WO..

Back/Delts/Biceps
Barbell Rows
315 for 6
315 for 6
315 for 6 fucking killed three sets

DB Rows
110 for 13 to 14 slow movement not to get so many reps, still got 13 plus Heaviest DBs in gym
110 for 12 great stretch

Cable Pulls Supinated
132 plus top plate for 9
132 plus top plate for 8

Delts
DB Press
110 for 8 smashed the fuck out of it
110 for 4 ok, to quick from previous set
100 for 8 damn
100 for 8 I'm spent as shit

Reverse pec deck
144 for 9
156 for 9
168 for 7

Biceps
DB Curls
60 for 6
55 for 6
50 for 8

Cable Curls
125 for 10
125 for 10 damn
125 for 10

Couple days off.....

Just finished reading through this whole damned thread and I gotta say, I'm impressed. The progress you have made is inspiring as well as the thought and discipline you put into the workouts and rest days. Keep on killing it buzzkill, I'm looking forward to the rest of this story.

Back