Caps take game 1 & 2

On Saturdays the caps squeaked out a win in part by the rookie goal tender. Saturdays game was going to be a a test to see if the youngster could out the shine the Fire power of Pittsburgh offense.

Well the verdic is in. Although he got beat early one on one by Crosby, he dazzled the crowd with a amazing save to keep the Caps ahead for the victory. Thisi save will be what people will talk about in all the high lights of this years playoffs.

I believe he will be the difference in this series. He is just what the Capitals need to give them a chance to let there young gun have fun and dazzle us all.

I do predict the Capitals to take the in 5 game. The truth is these 2 teams are so very talented that this series is going to be the best hockey of the playoffs. Fans of hockey truly Deserve this enjoy.

Last edited:
I think you'll find out tonight and game 3 in Pittsburgh how good he really is and if can hold up to the pressure. He was exciting to watch stopping Crosby, that goal goes in its a whole different game. I say Pens in 6 (cause I'm from Pittsburgh) either way its great to watch. I was happy to see Detroit lose yesterday but again they have a great team.

Yes they did but what a game, I gotta give you the edge in this series. Don't want to but your goalie is standing on his head stopping quality shoots. I think the caps D is a bit overrated and that could haunt them at some point. And the Ovechkin and Crosby show continues in Pittsburgh both so good and so different, dam its good for hockey.

It strange to hear you say the D is over rated. I'm used to defenses's of teams past that were much stronger on the PK. The truth is the management blew it letting Christabol Heau ( sp ) gett away last year. Theador has let atleast 20 games get away this season.
In Washington were were spoiled with Ole for 10 years. This kid is playing Well but.
It 's amazing how much the game has change in the last 5 years. THere are just so many more Goals in the game now. I love the fact that these kids can be down 3 goals and still come back and win. It's a great time to be a Hockey Fan. It's too bad the league is dropping the ball on exploiting all the action to market the game.

Last edited:
- Pittsburgh has more offensive options than the Caps, but if they give Ovechkin 12 shots per game he is bound to pot 1 or 2.

- Caps goalie is going to make or break their play off run. Right now he is keeping them in it. That save on Gonchar was sick when Gonchar blasted a slap shot from the slot. He threw up his glove and managed to get a piece of hit. Game 1, the save on Crosby won the Caps that game.

- Fleury on the other hand makes the save he should make, but doesn't get those over the top kind of saves that you need if you want to go deep in the play offs.

- That last goal by Ovechkin was a nice shot, but Fleury should have had it in his glove.

- It would be good to see Bylsma match lines in Pittsburgh. Put Jordan Stall, Matt Cooke, and Tyler Kennedy against the Ovechkin line. They are good defensively, but they also cycle the puck real well in the offencive end. If they can keep the puck deep in the Caps zone grinding away it will take time away from Ovechkin and his line wreaking havoc in the pens zone.

Game 3 is going to be huge and if the Pens can get Malkin back on track the Caps don't have the defencive shut down guys to match with the Crosby line and the Malkin line.

Bylsma needs to take a chapter from coach T's book and chew the **** ,guys out! Ovechkin gets out of his game fast when they are behind and he doesn't score. The Rangers did it, the question is, can we? I hate to say this because I love the Pens but don't you think they are a bit intimated by him? I've never seen a player release/shoot so effing fast and stay on the ice for 2 or 4 minutes, dam is he on something? I mean he recovers so fast, although he doesn't dig pucks out as wingers are supposed often nor does he play like Crosby I front of the net a lot. Has Ove been in a fight yet? He is something to watch, however, seems bit immature jumping and such, wanting the spotlight but his English skills are still developing and my guess is once he's a better communicator he'll settle down. You need to be on the other side to understand how fans feel from other teams. At least he stopped running guys down. O well lets see what happens in game 3.

I think these team are so well matched it can go ether way every night. Aften Crosby's hat trick I'd expect them to put the hammer down on him in game 3. I would like to see the Caps D clobber him the whole game.
I'd love to see Cook, stall & kennedy across from Ovechkin. I don't think they have the speed to match his line. Mat Cook was a Cap he's tuff guy but he's not big. One of the issues teams have with the Caps is they are all huge. 6'2 -6'5 and thats the whole team. Ov is 6'2 . The key to shutting down the Caps is between the blue lines. If the skill guys cane carry the puck. It's time for the Grinders.

Game 3 could be a very physical battle with a low score.

Caps are big and tough no question I still gotta give most credit to your goalie for keeping you guys in it. Pens must develop speed through the neutral zone keep puck deep and get physical deep otherwise this series is over. And I'm a Pens fan talking, I'll never give up but black is black and white is white. Beside it looks like the NHL wants the caps in it this year anyway. Dam, Latange call in the 1st when he made a great defensive play to touch the puck first before the bogus tripping call and the game winner with interference off the faceoff. I know calls go both ways but its tough to swallow. Pens are in serious trouble if they don't get their act together fast, caps are way better than philly.

Back