Carao & RBC count

DRveejay11 said:
By the way, B-3 (Niacin) does work well at lowering TOTAL cholesterol but it does NOT raise HDL (carao?) and it's not well known for its triglyceride lowering effect (carao?). Again, it "could be" the discontinuing of the -dex (we need more scientific studies!).

Looks promising :)

I even think I posted something to that effect back at MZ and questioned my Docs decision to put me on that. (Niacin) Pretty sure the article I put up said Niacin was good for maintaining, not correcting cholesterol.

Re: Re: Carao & RBC count

DRveejay11 said:
SC: Not sure if you are aware of this: your HGB (hemoglobin) went from 169-176 (not your RBC). I wasn't sure if you thought your RBC's are what made the little jump? Just checkin brutha ;)

Once I got the reports I noticed it. I was just going by memory of what the doc to me when I asked him about my RBC, gotta make sure to get copies of everything from now on, something I've never done in the past. LOL
But.....the RBC count did go up too.

My eyes are still popping out. This is way interesting.

By the way, C-ditty Dreejay... I'm going down to Costa Rica in March for the harvest (road trip!) Wanna come?

Re: Re: Re: Carao & RBC count

StoneColdNTO said:
I gotta make sure to get copies of everything from now on, something I've never done in the past. LOL

Bro.......this idea is invaluable! Always, always, always get copies of your medical records and keep all of them.......always! ;)

SofaGeorge said:
My eyes are still popping out. This is way interesting.

By the way, C-ditty Dreejay... I'm going down to Costa Rica in March for the harvest (road trip!) Wanna come?

That might be interesting ?!? By the way, YOU more than anyone should be documenting regular blood tests as YOU have had the most experience with this stuff! I say this because I believe it will the LONG-term effects of Carao that are impressive, not the short term ones! I would love to see SC's blood results in another 3 months and then 6 months, and so on! thereby documenting PROGRESS!

What an interesting supplement in its range of potential! We just need MORE damn documented proof!!!!!!

SC,
I'd agree with some that the increase in hematocrit is not significant; probably within the realm of day to day lab variability. And with hemotocrit, more is not necessarily better. Oxygen delivery to the tissues is a balance of O2 carrying capacity (hbg, etc) and the rheology of the blood, ie, how smoothly it flows. Too many cellular elements and proteins (like hbg) and the blood becomes too viscous, leading to diminished flow. All things being equal, for a relatively healthy male, a Hbg of 15 to 16 should be about optimal.
The notable improvement in HDL (and to a lesser degree the other lipids) is another story. Are you on any Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) now? Perhaps the bad lipid profile you had previously was indeed due to A-dex, and perhaps the wicked effects of the Winstrol (winny), etc.

Last edited:
Buffdoc, when the Jan. sample was taken, I had been clean since July......., well I did double my Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) to 200mg/week for Nov.& Dec., but that was it.

StoneColdNTO said:
Buffdoc, when the Jan. sample was taken, I had been clean since July......., well I did double my Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) to 200mg/week for Nov.& Dec., but that was it.

I see you've contacted my boy ;)

I told you he KNOWS his sh*t!

:D

Trevdog said:
I may have to try it for improving my endurance.

really? well in that case i have some sort of fungus growing in my refrigerator that you might want to try.

how come that sofageorge isnt around anymore?

The most important thing on the blood test is the hematocrit, that is basically telling you how THICK your blood is.
It looks like you are in really good shape as Blood levels were lower on the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) than on the carao.

Personally I can't use it as I have had steroid polycythemia in the past and avoid the use of EQ, Deca, and Anadrol.
Most probably know this but most androgens "dope" your blood particulary the ones that were created for anemia like DECA and Anadrol.

A lot of bb'ers have polycythemia induced by continual steroid use as the RBC's live 4 months after created.

The pathway for RBC production is this:
Androgen stimulation of the kidney cells to produce erythropoetin.
EPO stimulates the bone marrow to produce more RBC's. There is no negative feedback mechanism so hematocrit can go very high if unchecked and untreated.

So you can see how this mechanism can lead to thickened Blood.
Why in GOD's name would any bodybuilder mess with EPO injections is unfathomable to me, when they can just take drol and deca and get more anabolism and benefit from the increased RBC's from the AAS.
The problem is EPO is used at contest time rumored to give a greater pump via the increased blood mass when it turn that is the most dangerous time to take it as fluid volume of the blood is reduced due to water restictions and electrolyte levels are also off.

Just for example the highest my hematocrit got was 56 and required 4 pints of blood to be drawn over 2 weeks not fun.

I keep it in check now with test only cycle and donate blood 2wice a month

Back