Five 8 hour days or four 10 hour days-Work weeks

Zero V

Prodigal son
If you had a choice which work week would you take?

Where I started at I originally began working five 8's. Then we switched to four 10's.

Having 3 day weekends is nice. But to be honest thinking back more often than now on Friday I just lay around recovering from four 10's.

During the week I am tired and worn out and have no sleep. Going back to five 8's would allow me to wake up an hour later and get off an hour earlier during the week. And I am starting to think this would really aid in my dietary and fitness goals. That and getting out at 4:30 every day means everything is closed by 5pm (In the form of doctors and such).

If you had a choice what do you prefer? I ask because there is a rumor we are going BACK to five 8's. At first I was kinda like crap....but now I am thinking I wanna expedite it.

I would say go for it. I am in the process of looking for employment in the medical field and you can work 3 12's 4 10's or 5 8's depending on the occupation. I do believe that it takes a lot out of you working longer hours. I am shooting for a five day work week myself so if I wanted to workout before or after work I could.

4 10s has always been my favorite. I usually hang out late on Thursday night and Friday then chill sat and Sunday.

I work 4 10s and that extra day goes by so fast, so i rather work 5 8s, I would like that extra time after work to relax or run errands.

I don't know what a normal schedule is... I work in event production, so it may be a standard 40 one week and the next I'm working 20 days straight, 8-20 hours a day. I vote 3x 15 hour days!

I typically work 40 hours in 4 days and then another 6-8, depending on the week, Friday. If I worked a 40 hour week, I would much prefer 4 ten hour days.

I had the best for a while, 5 8's but the hours were 7:30 to 4:00 and then 7-3:30. Perfect to get home and still have a day left with the kids. 4 10's is good too, but can get really long.

Back