Grrrrrr

syko

anyone know a hired whack-a-mole i can use? i wanna beat up the pricks at Fishersci! First off, since i dont got a company Account #, the minimum i can spend with these bastards is 250$ CDN!!!!

sorry, but i had to rant somewhere where ppl understand my anger!

:D

DAN SMASH!! it pisses me off when bulk places are anal about having a company acct # shit.....

if i cant find a bulk place by the end of the weekend, im droppin 80 bucks for 10 whatman filters....

the conversion would make 24 filters from lemelange cost 130$ CDN...hence id be spending 20 bucks more to get double the ammt of filters if i could get onto fishersci......

yeah but 8 cdn a filter. le will be 5.41 per. just order the fisher ones and you be set for a while. hell sel some to you friends for 5 bucks a piece (some friend you'd be) and get some for free. after all its a capalistic society we live in.

Peebs, fishersci wont let me order em.....id have to buy 100 filters....spend 250$ CDN for the minimum order.....

unless i can acquire a company Acct # (the industrial # that proves that the company is existing)......

thats what i am saying get the damn things and you be set for a long time.

how much is that in usd? maybe i can help ya by taking a few off you hands.

for me to get the minimum order for syringe filters, id have to get 100 filters (230$ USD -- 308$CDN) plus shippin and shit.....gawd im gunna be broke! :(

Last edited:
does it have to be whatmans? can it be some other brand, thats cheaper? i mean you only use em once and have to throw them away. i plan on getting the cheaper ones unless there is something SOO special about whatmans.

chichy

well whatmans are reliable, and they are more common distributed....If you find filters that are cheap and sterile, please do tell me! :D I been searching high and low for bulk filters at a good price that doesnt need an industrial ID # thingy...

gymphreak said:
well whatmans are reliable, and they are more common distributed....If you find filters that are cheap and sterile, please do tell me! :D I been searching high and low for bulk filters at a good price that doesnt need an industrial ID # thingy...

i can understand that they may be more commonly distributed, but if they were more reliable than the next brand, then thats kinda like setting up a monopoly. like charging 8 dollars for 1 filter to be thrown away. thats eqivalent to 2 pounds of beef where i live and that 2 pounds being thrown away. wasteful. anyways, ill keep my eyes peeled.

chichy

chicmuscle said:
i can understand that they may be more commonly distributed, but if they were more reliable than the next brand, then thats kinda like setting up a monopoly. like charging 8 dollars for 1 filter to be thrown away. thats eqivalent to 2 pounds of beef where i live and that 2 pounds being thrown away. wasteful. anyways, ill keep my eyes peeled.

chichy
Yea but you throw it away after you sterilize/filter urself a nice big batch of gear. Its not a waste, its a necessary step in homebrewing. If were gonna talk dollars, think of how many dollars you "waste" driving to the store to buy that beef when you could be walking.

DougoeFre5h said:
Yea but you throw it away after you sterilize/filter urself a nice big batch of gear. Its not a waste, its a necessary step in homebrewing. If were gonna talk dollars, think of how many dollars you "waste" driving to the store to buy that beef when you could be walking.

i understand, i was exagerating it. but i do walk LOL.

chichy

seriously though i drive. probably about .60 cent to the store and back. but driving and shipping and handling fees are almost one in the same.

so far lemelange is looking good. other non whatman brands are being sold for 5 dollars and apposed to lemelanges 4. 4 is a good price.

chichy

peebs, i caved in, i bought 24 filters from lemelange....ill let u know in the future if i need someone to get into an order with me.....:(

Back