Has anyone done a DIY TRT.

ballboy

Just wondering if anyone has done a DIY TRT? I wanted to get some labs done and try a DIY TRT. Only thing is. I'm not sure if I should get a Full hormone panel thru private MD and if I should get a cortisol / adrenal also? I think there are like 4 or 5 cortisol / adrenal tests. Any thought would be a great help.

Thank you. Should I get a adrenal panel as well? they have 4 different ones.

Total Testosterone
Free Testosterone
SHBG
DHT
Estradiol (E2)
LH-Luteneizing Hormone
FSH-Folicle stimulating hormone
Prolactin
Cortisol
Thyroid Panel
CBC-complete blood count
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
Lipid profile/panel

Total Testosterone
Free Testosterone
SHBG
DHT
Estradiol (E2)
LH-Luteneizing Hormone
FSH-Folicle stimulating hormone
Prolactin
Cortisol
Thyroid Panel
CBC-complete blood count
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
Lipid profile/panel

I'll second what Freqfly said. Don't necessarily need the DHT or prolactin, but they are nice extra clues if you have any issues going on or want to establish a base case.

So with the adrenal test. private md has 4. so I'm not sure which one to get for my cortisol.There is.
Adrenocorticotropic Hormone (ACTH)
Cortisol, AM
Cortisol, Serum
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) Sulfate

You really don't need those unless you have some kind of problem you are trying to diagnose.

Ask yourself what you will do with the results? What if they are high? What if they are low? If you can't answer, then you probably don't need the test.

So one more question. There is the hormone panel then there is a optimization panel. The optimization is a lot more expensive. will the regular female hormone panel be fine for checking my test and estrogen levels?

So one more question. There is the hormone panel then there is a optimization panel. The optimization is a lot more expensive. will the regular female hormone panel be fine for checking my test and estrogen levels?
yes

Back