HGH followed by tons of sugar.

Ahhh a monster then a shake and then a session how dose it all go sitting in your stomach while lifting lol I'd be spewing all over the shop
Both are sipped on while I lift. I'd imagine drinking both pre would be uncomfortable lol. No stomach issues.
thats my concern too. How about water intake?
I try to stay hydrated 24/7. During my workout is probably the only time of day I'm not drinking straight water. I get enough throughout the day to stay perpetually hydrated.

Both are sipped on while I lift. I'd imagine drinking both pre would be uncomfortable lol. No stomach issues.

I try to stay hydrated 24/7. During my workout is probably the only time of day I'm not drinking straight water. I get enough throughout the day to stay perpetually hydrated.
I always drink a liter of water right out of bed. and probably a half a liter during the night when i have to go and pee, which is about 3 times per night, bad prostate issues here I guess or just getting older.

Ok guys.....due to my elevated fasting glucose levels I can confirm that HGH is in fact elevating my BG to a degree. While the numbers aren't crazy high (103 fasted in the AM), I don't want to put extra stress on my pancreas.

So...

After getting recommendations from numerous members across numerous forums, I decided to try a low dose insulin protocol to keep my BG in check and give my pancreas a break. I'm going to start with 3iu in the AM when I arrive at the gym. This would be 30 mins after my first serving of carbs (about 30g). Right after, I will begin my workout and sip on my sugary energy drink (56g sugar). Once that is finished I will switch to my protein/maltodextrin shakle about 30 mins before my workout and 30 mins before I will be drinking my sugary energy drink followed by my maltodextrin/protein shake (60g carbs). This should be more than enough carbs to cover the small insulin dose. I will start at 3iu and do blood tests eventually working my way up to 5iu and maybe eventually 10iu (in time). I want to see how my BG reacts to the doses before I go crazy.

So my question......Fast acting insulin, medium, or long acting? I'm thinking a fast acting R-type insulin is the way to go to start. Especially considering the timing of my carbs, and the amount of simple sugars. I don't want to have to worry about going hypo for hours on end. I just want to help shuttle the sugars that I ingest in the morning before my workout.

Thoughts?

HGH use does elevate blood sugars and can eventually lead to insulin resistance and diabetes. I heard John Meadows in a seminar tell the audience that lots of pro bodybuilders that have been using HGH at bodybuilding dosages for long periods of time have diabetes now (he says they keep it under wraps, but he knows of lots of them personally).

Wither its caused by HGH when its in the blood stream 'blunting' insulins effect at that receptor level, and this is causing elevated blood sugar, and thus your pancreas tries to secrete more and more insulin to make up for this blunting effect and burns itself out , or something else IDK.
BUT adding exogenous insulin seems to be the best way to go about using HGH long term and at higher dosages. So I'd agree with what your saying and think your on the right track.

here are a couple of notes and protocols worth looking into and trying yourself (i'm personally using micro dosing protocol).

- HGH and insulin are synergistic together , especially in regards to IGF1 . when used together you get a greater amplification in IGF (an IGF 'tail', or pulse that lasts an extended time, compared to just hgh alone). Why is this beneficial in regards to blood sugar ? Well IGF lowers your blood sugar, and it does so by slightly efferent mechanisms then does insulin. So you get the benefit of glucose/glycogen uptake into cells, because of the added IGF (plus there are the anabolic properties of IGF itself)

- If you micro dose your HGH and your slin together in small doses throughout the day , you'll get more steady blood levels of GH and IGF, and better blood sugar control. 1-2 iu of HGH , then 30 mins later 1-2 iu of humalin-r with your carb meal. do that 3-4 x per and your GH serum levels stay high all day long, you have the slin to help drive nutrients (even though there is that blunting effect with GH) but you also have amplified IGF levels which will then also drive nutrients and lower blood sugars.

^ this also prevents 'spill over' from higher doses of insulin. running 10iu of slin with a bunch of carbs is great to add mass, but your going to get some spill over into fat cells no matter what because you only have so much glycogen stores to restore. the micro dosing protocol throughout the day will definitely keep you leaner.

as for type of insulin , humalin-r or novalin-r can be purchased OTC at walmart. they are a fast acting slin (not super rapid acting like Humalog , but fast enough) kick in about 30 mins and last for about 4 hours . this is just right for a micro dosing protocol throughout the day

And , one more thought . Try adding IGF1-LR3 to your protocol . 4 weeks on 3 weeks off . again, IGF will lower blood sugar and uptake nutrients by different mechanisms then insulin , and thus possibly bypass GH's 'blunting' effect on slin

Last edited:
Back