I wish I knew what I was talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of the three missing in the equation the results are hindered!

I agree with you, but to be honest I think probably everyone on this forum already knew that, so I think that's why having to read it in big capital letters might have offended some of the posters here.

I agree with you, but to be honest I think probably everyone on this forum already knew that, so I think that's why having to read it in big capital letters might have offended some of the posters here.

if everyone on the forum knew that it wouldn't be full of posts by guys who've been the same weight since high school yet say they have their diet and training in check and want to use gear at 5'9 170lbs 17% bf. people wouldn't be struggling as much with keeping their gains, they wouldn't be writing about how they aren't growing like they expected half way thru their cycle, etc.

it is pretty evident when skimming the fresh posts that people do not have their training and diet in check like everyone claims to. why is it that people look automatically to supplements to grow and when that doesn't work they jump over to the gear damn the potential short or long term health implications.

everyone is so reluctant to admit that there might some holes in their diet and/or training and instead like to automatically assume if they aren't growing that the right combination of compounds will get them straight to their desired destination.

i'm no different, it's natural.... just last week my boy bk was going to raise his aromisin to help battle some dbol bloat. you read everywhere that you bloat like crazy with dbol. fighting it with Aromatase inhibitor (AI) seemed like the way to go. rj came around and reminded him that often bloat has to do with diet and water intake and the effect that raised estro levels have when those aren't on point. i watched bk sit around and analyze his eating and drinking and we talked about some ways to try to fight it and wouldn't you know it.... that fool seems to have found a couple of tweaks that worked, looking at his face he he isn't at all puffy. i know he's on gear so when i look i see a TOUCH of extra water but to most people that's probably invisible. he's able to get his rings on and off again without the same trouble he was starting to have after 10 days of steady dbol use.

i was starting to hold a tiny bit of water in my face and hands too and i've been trying to tweak my intake first before i dump in a bunch of Aromatase inhibitor (AI) because if i'm not seeing signs of gyno and can control the bloated look without it, i know that estro in my body will help me see better gains.

just sayin...

if everyone on the forum knew that it wouldn't be full of posts by guys who've been the same weight since high school yet say they have their diet and training in check and want to use gear at 5'9 170lbs 17% bf. people wouldn't be struggling as much with keeping their gains, they wouldn't be writing about how they aren't growing like they expected half way thru their cycle, etc.

it is pretty evident when skimming the fresh posts that people do not have their training and diet in check like everyone claims to. why is it that people look automatically to supplements to grow and when that doesn't work they jump over to the gear damn the potential short or long term health implications.

everyone is so reluctant to admit that there might some holes in their diet and/or training and instead like to automatically assume if they aren't growing that the right combination of compounds will get them straight to their desired destination.

i'm no different, it's natural.... just last week my boy bk was going to raise his aromisin to help battle some dbol bloat. you read everywhere that you bloat like crazy with dbol. fighting it with Aromatase inhibitor (AI) seemed like the way to go. rj came around and reminded him that often bloat has to do with diet and water intake and the effect that raised estro levels have when those aren't on point. i watched bk sit around and analyze his eating and drinking and we talked about some ways to try to fight it and wouldn't you know it.... that fool seems to have found a couple of tweaks that worked, looking at his face he he isn't at all puffy. i know he's on gear so when i look i see a TOUCH of extra water but to most people that's probably invisible. he's able to get his rings on and off again without the same trouble he was starting to have after 10 days of steady dbol use.

i was starting to hold a tiny bit of water in my face and hands too and i've been trying to tweak my intake first before i dump in a bunch of Aromatase inhibitor (AI) because if i'm not seeing signs of gyno and can control the bloated look without it, i know that estro in my body will help me see better gains.

just sayin...

ok, but still, I ask you, did you know you had to eat properly, sleep and workout properly in order to gain muscle?

ok, but still, I ask you, did you know you had to eat properly, sleep and workout properly in order to gain muscle?
yes i did but i also didn't take any offense to reading it. and i understood the motivation and the reasoning behind the post.

and i kinda found the whole "here's the secret guys!" approach to be funny. it's like those dumbass magazine adds that show some guy photoshop'd and shoving his gut out as hard as he can and with his pants pulled up close to his belly button to hide his v-cut and frowning shrugging his shoulders in trying his damnedest to look like his got some tig ol bitties and then show the same guy with like 1% less IF THAT bodyfat all oiled and pumped up busting a most muscular talking like they found the secret sauce that's gonna change the world.

oh... and i would've read the post EXACTLY the same regardless of who on this board wrote it.

i see your point about people who know... but honestly to me it should've been real clear that he was talking to the people who don't have a clue. if i'm playing pick-up ball with 1 quality guy and 3 scrubs and i've busted my ass crashing the boards, cleaning up the trash on missed shots, and sticking my man like i'm shane battier on kobe and that quality dude turns around and i happen to be standing next to the 3 scrubs and he says "you guys straight up SUCK" i'm gonna know he's not talking to me. am i gonna get heated? probably not. i'll probably be like for real guys.... scrub court's on the other side.

is it harsh? maybe. will it motivate them? maybe. if they can't handle that do they deserve to play on a real playground? hell no.

again.... just sayin...

Last edited:
So let's be clear . There was no personal attack intended to RJ His basic premise was correct when you remove Whey Protein from the mix.

For those of you who don't know why whey is supplemented it is because it is absorbed threw the lining of the stomach just like breast milk. This gives us the ability to take advantage of the 15 minute window following a workout where the body is highly anabolic and will replenish glycogen store up to 76% of what was just burned off. Without the supplementation of Whey this opportunity is lost; as a full meal that is absorbed in the intestine wouldn't digest in time.

THe real point that RJ is missing is that the real food he was talking about unless you are following a raw diet( un pasteurized or homogenized ) is not providing the proper nutrition to grow.

The worst part is most people around here don't get the fundamentals he is talking down and they want to use gear.

Rj clearly has alot to offer. I hope he hasn't taken offense.

Last edited:
agreed for sure.

aminos in my opinion are also well worth supplementing.

So let's be clear . There was no personal attack intended to RJ His basic premise was correct when you remove Whey Protein from the mix.

For those of you who don't know why whey is supplemented it is because it is absorbed threw the lining of the stomach just like breast milk. This gives us the ability to take advantage of the 15 minute window following a workout where the body is highly anabolic and will replenish glycogen store up to 76% of what was just burned off. Without the supplementation of Whey this opportunity is lost; as a full meal that is absorbed in the intestine would digest in time.

THe real point that RJ is missing is that the real food he was talking about unless you are following a raw diet( un pasteurized or homogenized ) is not providing the proper nutrition to grow.

The worst part is most people around here don't get the fundamentals he is talking down and they want to use gear.

WTF?......there is no difference! How did this thread turn into a race/politics argue..

Color of skin has nothing to do with...EAT/SLEEP/TRAIN..not where I live..
Jimbo I was just correcting his spelling, RJ does that all the time Sarcastically, Why don't you correct him like your doing to me when he does this ?

And now for everybody else, I apologize if I came out sounding like an Asshole, but someone had to tell it to RJ like it is.
I don't think I'm better than him or anyone else, but he shouldn't make others feel like he's better than them.

RJ has a lot to offer & if he would realize that there's no need to be an asshole, if you're going to help someone, really help them . What's wrong with being humble about it ?

We have to reflect & understand that we're here to help each other out, there's no need to disrespect anyone in the process.

I love you all like a pervert loves small children. we just dont want anyone to know.

just so everyone knows RJ and i get along great. as i do with most everyone.
i wasn't attacking the post i was just wanting a further disscusion. it's been a while since we had a good topic and this has gotten off track.
the sig under RJ's name is a running joke we have, it is not a bad thing at all.
Rj isa smart SOB and i go to him if i need help myself. May be blunt but it's truthful. it dont bother me none, it's the internet.

to get back on topic.

like Rj said the ingredients for growth with out gear or suppliments. are as follows
Eat/sleep/train/repeat.

these are the main focuse in life. we do them the best we can everyday, even the ones that lack, or miss one of those key steps you wont grow.

if you take anyone of those out of the equation you come to a stand still. you get nothing.

the point of my post was to get people talking, to think with their own mind. is that all i really need.
yes it is.
BUT the quality of food we have available is lacking, you need more these days. a suppliment.
so EAT/supp sleep train repeat.

that being said you need to know what you are going to put into your body. is it just a feel good filler or is it going to help you out.
you could walk into GNC or any other place like that and toss damn near all of that shit out. and all you would have on the shelf is protiens vitamins and aminos.
you can grow natty but you need to suppliment some things into your diet to do it.
i'm trying like hell to not mention gear hear but its so hard for me not to since i'm pro gear.
so i'll end it here.

Last edited:
whew..and i agree..rj is good..real good..as is my brother cyto.he s becoming an expert in his own right....
I had some poster named King crimson flame me with some red for being short, crass and an d i believe an asshole awhile back..OK..He was right I am a lot of times..
We all need to remember..
it s the net..relax
we re either geared
wishing we were geared
getting over being geared or
emotionally rendered unpredictable and potentially prone to very unpredictable mood swing s that will manifest themselves in mean posts..

RJ has a lot to offer & if he would realize that there's no need to be an asshole, if you're going to help someone, really help them . What's wrong with being humble about it ?

listen man, and before I say this, it has nothing to do with me thinking I am better than anyone. If anyone here knew me personally they would know I am willing to listen to anyone teach me about new shit. Do I always follow what is said? No. But i will listen. I don't feel I'm better than anyone.

Now, I have been on this board for over 7 years. And I'm sorry, but it has nothing to do with being humble... its about getting your point across. And being all sweet and bubbly doesn't work. These young guys are potentially doing shit to their bodies that could really fuck them up. I get PMs everyday from those guys that originally get pissed off in a thread and then think about it and thank me for being so blunt and setting them straight. Problem is these ignorant tards aren't like you... they don't listen. They can look at 100 posts disagreeing with their plans, and still ask about the shit again. Its frustrating. And the way I do it is the way I see it work. Will it work other ways? Of course, but that's me.

Again, I am wrong all the time, and I learn new shit everyday, but I won't change how I respond to these young guys cause they need to be told the truth in a way that they will listen. And that's what I do.

This isn't my life, I come here to help. I know plenty that don't like my style, but I come back cause I feel like I can help. And I am the first to admit when I am wrong. And that I don't know everything.

This thread has gone haywire, but its gotten alot of people talking about good topics, which i guess is good.

I appreciate your honesty, and really, i take nothing here personally, i just like to get my point across.

DPR, no offense taken. Appreciate the post above.

Last edited:
And one more thing, please continue with the good topics. This is why these boards are good. Yes, we will have a million Anavar only cycle posts, but these make this board great.

Carry on fuckers. :D

I've seen many train hard as fuck, Eat well & sleep like a bear while hibernating & they still don't gain what others do while doing the same thing.

I've seen this as well; not common but it does happen. I know a filipino guy who is strong as hell coz he works out huge, his diet is great - sleep I don't know, but he has the hardest time gaining. He's ripped as hell, but putting on the lbs. is hard for him - but then again how many huge filipinos are there?

Bottom line is, the basis for bodybuilding IS food, rest, training - everything else is all condiments. When you reach the time where your gains are minimal and the '3 golden rules' are down to a science, then gear it up! You've earned it!

like Rj said the ingredients for growth with out gear or suppliments. are as follows
Eat/sleep/train/repeat.

these are the main focuse in life. we do them the best we can everyday, even the ones that lack, or miss one of those key steps you wont grow.

if you take anyone of those out of the equation you come to a stand still. you get nothing.

True, and fact.

The problem is too many want a shortcut. They don't want to put in the hard work - and lets not kid ourselves, it IS hard work. Unless you have tons of time on your hand, its difficult to put 100% to eat,train,sleep.

Sculpting one's body takes time, and won't happen overnight... or over the course of a year for that matter. It can get frustrating at times yes, probably why many opt to taking gear too early. I've been guilty of this myself! (not in age, i was 26 I think before i had my first cycle) Nobody's perfect, but everyone should do their best to get results naturally first.

Oh, and always research gear before using it !!!!

I will take advice from Rj before anyone on here. He has been doing this for about as long as I have been alive and obviously implements what he believes and it sure as shit seems to work for him.

Many people who try to give out advice on diet, training whatever on this forum and others are fat fucking slobs with no business being in fitness minded forum.

Rj is one of the few people who has proved he knows what he is doing and continues to do so.

Thanks for all your helpful threads Rj, I am sure a lot of people have benefited from your guidance.

For those of you who don't know why whey is supplemented it is because it is absorbed threw the lining of the stomach just like breast milk. This gives us the ability to take advantage of the 15 minute window following a workout where the body is highly anabolic and will replenish glycogen store up to 76% of what was just burned off. Without the supplementation of Whey this opportunity is lost; as a full meal that is absorbed in the intestine wouldn't digest in time.

the aminos in whey are peptide bound they take awhile for the body to break down and utilize. peak blood amino levels after ingesting whey is ~50m

if you are trying to cause hyperinsulinemia then what you want is some glucose/dextrose during workout, or immediately post-w/o with some free form bcaa's (pills/powder), specifically the leucine in it which is what causes the increase in protein synthesis

here is a good article by layne norton on the subject: bodybuilding.com/fun/layne39.htm

there is a lot of contention on this subject and specifically just how big of an impact supplementing with BCAAs will have. im still on the fence. however there is evidence that shows taking bcaas will have significant positive impact if working out while in a fasted state or if protein intake is insufficient. neither of which is a real problem for most bodybuilders though

I will take advice from Rj before anyone on here. He has been doing this for about as long as I have been alive and obviously implements what he believes and it sure as shit seems to work for him.

Many people who try to give out advice on diet, training whatever on this forum and others are fat fucking slobs with no business being in fitness minded forum.

Rj is one of the few people who has proved he knows what he is doing and continues to do so.

Thanks for all your helpful threads Rj, I am sure a lot of people have benefited from your guidance.

i concur 100%.

regardless of the fact that i use aas i feel what he is saying is more then valid. call me a hypocrite, ive been called worse...

Blondie,

If you think RJ is the best memeber in this forum that's fine, that's your opinion. I think there's a few others that have a better physique than he does & there are some damn good knowledgeable members in this forum as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back