Lab Work Finished | Saw GP | "Prime Candidate" for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) at age 31 - The journey begins

I'm still undecided about testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). I'll leave everything out in the open and honest and will take 100% of opinions and recommendations with weight.

Quick (*edit* happened to not be too quick) back-story: Historically through my youth have been an ectomorph... thin frame, hard to gain weight, felt a bit "prepubescent" but generally "looked good" and had a trim, but skinny, build. I changed up my diet about 8 years ago and have since eaten all-natural/organic and am a vegetarian (no eggs though); I am today a C-level exec, healthy in my book (and on paper other than T) and doc says I'm the spitting image of health. I love to cook and make all of our meals from scratch from our garden and CSA. I count my macros, have my caloric needs detailed for my body, have a great personal coach in Ryan Miller out of Minneapolis of Growth Stimulus Training, and have been training semi-dedicated for 4 years now (much more in past few months). I currently take l-glutamine, BCAAs, citrulline, beta alanine, creatine, epa/dha, multi-vitamins, protein powders (plant based), etc. (I can give doses if necessary).

I am doing well in the gym, though since I'm toning down my bodyfat from 20% (now at 16.9%) the strength isn't as there. I'm fairly fit, but always had a suspicion that I had low T. Went into doc a month ago because I suspected I may have gyno (I have a pea sized lump under my left nipple that is very sensitive if hit); I was diagnosed with gyno but doc thought best left untreated for now. I talked to him about T at that time, and long story short expressed that I wanted complete blood work done, to which he didn't think insurance would all cover (and didn't know of all the tests anyhow). I followed my mother-in-law's advice and went to labdirect.com and ordered all the tests I wanted (will post results below); sure enough, low T. Brought results to doc today as I had the lab work already scheduled (to just check T) and we discussed everything. He was very amazed that I self-diagnosed myself twice and came in with evidence to back it up. He's a very good doc, and is very open to learning (the enthusiastic GP) and seems very excited to help me on my journey here; he did recommend flat-out testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), though he admitted it wasn't his strong area and wanted me to see the youngest-looking endo in the tri-state area (as they'd be more up-to-date on these things). Have that appointment scheduled for two months from now, so I have a bit of time now here to share and glean the wisdom and experience of others.

So without further ado, my stats:

Height: 5'11"
Waist: 33"
Weight: 186
Bodytype and hair growth: Thinner frame, broad shoulders and broad chest, carry fat around mid-section; can grow full beard very easily (and wearing one) though doesn't completely fill in between stache and cheek area (small but noticeable 1" dip)... hairy legs, fair on forearms, and tummy/chest hair
Diet: Morning smoothie (berries, flax seed, hemp seeds, hemp oil, protein powder, kale, etc.), mid-morning ProBar, lunch is typically leftovers, cheese sandwiches/soup or Garden of Life Fit shake, mid-afternoon protein/fit shake, normal home cooked large dinner and one more protein/fit shake at night. Total calories of 2400, 220 carb, 180-200 protein, 70-100 fat (depends on train/rest day).
Training: Growth Stimulus Training (squat day, pull day, push day, press day) focuses on core/compound lifts (squat, deadlift, etc.); this will consume 4 days "per week" and HIIT on another 2. Details can be found easily via Google search.
Erection quality: Have pretty much always had morning/nocturnal erections; not supreme hard all the time.

Lab Results (posted as image to imgur as many tests and much easier): i.imgur.com/sUhx22A.jpg

So thoughts on where I should be starting first; do I have a chance of restarting my natural T production first? I'm not opposed to testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), but realize it's a life decision and I am not opposed to exhausting other options either.

Start by understanding what your FSH and LH levels are. You need to understand whether your hypogonadism is primary or secondary. A lot of Dr. do not consider this. Instead, they focus solely on your testosterone level(s).

Start by understanding what your FSH and LH levels are. You need to understand whether your hypogonadism is primary or secondary. A lot of Dr. do not consider this. Instead, they focus solely on your testosterone level(s).

Both of those labs were included in his results.

Its too small for me to see. I thought I was getting old but I just had my physical and my vision is better than 20/20 :)

it doesn't show up big for me, I did click on it. either way I don't put much faith in to a LH and FSH blood draw result. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) stimulation test is the best way to determine, or urine, and even then it can be tough to tell for sure.

it doesn't show up big for me, I did click on it. either way I don't put much faith in to a LH and FSH blood draw result. HCG stimulation test is the best way to determine, or urine, and even then it can be tough to tell for sure.

FYI I did get an hCG lab this week along with the TT, but I won't get those results back till next week.

it doesn't show up big for me, I did click on it. either way I don't put much faith in to a LH and FSH blood draw result. HCG stimulation test is the best way to determine, or urine, and even then it can be tough to tell for sure.

Try this imgur link for a larger copy: i.imgur.com/sUhx22A.jpg

Back