Metal's test/tren log

3 grams of vitamin C does it for me :) Rhodiola also helps with lethargy.

Interesting, I was warned about going past 2g of vit c due to hemochromatosis, I wonder if that's just another statistic polled from old folks and the sick having an adverse reaction. Then again, frequent blood donations should keep that at bay regardless, agree?

Interesting, I was warned about going past 2g of vit c due to hemochromatosis, I wonder if that's just another statistic polled from old folks and the sick having an adverse reaction. Then again, frequent blood donations should keep that at bay regardless, agree?

Disagree. :) I've done 10 grams daily for well over 6 months with no issues. I'm back to 3 grams now. My doc does 3500 daily. And she's super hot, so she must be right :p

I thought I had read something about too much being bad for you also. Did you have any lethargic issues when you ran tren?

Disagree. :) I've done 10 grams daily for well over 6 months with no issues. I'm back to 3 grams now. My doc does 3500 daily. And she's super hot, so she must be right :p

Definitely can't argue with a hot doctor. I think I'm even MORE jealous of you now, and I didn't think it was possible. :(

Must be time to hunt for some more pill-form vitamin c then. I'll give it a whirl and see what happens as I think we all suffer from lethargy on occasion and cortisol is the enemy!

I thought I had read something about too much being bad for you also. Did you have any lethargic issues when you ran tren?

Oh yea, it's prominent. Vitamin C is very safe. Excess is excreted anyway but higher doses maintain effective levels.

Definitely can't argue with a hot doctor. I think I'm even MORE jealous of you now, and I didn't think it was possible. :(

Must be time to hunt for some more pill-form vitamin c then. I'll give it a whirl and see what happens as I think we all suffer from lethargy on occasion and cortisol is the enemy!

Move to Austin already! I use powder form C. Pure powder, not the flavored garbage at the stores. I throw it in with my aminos and other stuff and make a drink. Let me see if I can gather some info on this for you guys. Been a long time since I've researched C.

Thanks man. I will definitely start vit c. Just 3g daily or only when I feel lethargic? Also, are cortisol levels effected by tren more than other steroids?

Do it immediately post workout. That's when it cortisol gets shot. I've seen it in several, but Tren was up there for sure. There are other factors of course, but that's a main culprit

Move to Austin already! I use powder form C. Pure powder, not the flavored garbage at the stores. I throw it in with my aminos and other stuff and make a drink. Let me see if I can gather some info on this for you guys. Been a long time since I've researched C.
I was thinking pill form as I know too much ascorbic acid can eat the enamel of your teeth. Powder form doesn't have this effect? Looking forward to your reply with new info. :) Once school is over and a job pops up in Austin that I simply cannot refuse I'll head on over! I'd love to meet your doc as it is! ;)
Same here. I had 2, 0 carb monsters yesterday spread out from morning to late afternoon and they didn't do shit
Oh man, move to Rockstar - I've tried them all and it's my favorite "safe" energy drink by far. There are some others out there with more kick, but they also have a lot of junk in them that's not so good for you with repeated consumption imo.

Effect of vitamin C supplementation on lipid peroxidation, muscle damage and inflammation after 30-min exercise at 75% VO2max.

AIM:
Hypothetically, supplementation with the antioxidant vitamins C could alleviate exercise-induced lipid peroxidation. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of vitamin C supplementation on exercise-induced lipid peroxidation, muscle damage and inflammation.

METHODS:
Sixteen healthy untrained male volunteers participated in a 30-min exercise at 75% Vo2max. Subjects were randomly assigned to one of two groups: 1) placebo and 2) vitamin C (VC: 1 000 mg vitamin C). Blood samples were obtained prior to supplementation (baseline), 2 h after supplementation (immediately pre-exercise), post-exercise, 2 and 24 h after exercise. Plasma levels of VC, total antioxidant capacity (TAC), creatine kinase (CK), malondealdehyde (MDA), total leukocytes, neutrophils, lymphocytes, interleukin-6 (IL-6) and cortisol were measured.

RESULTS:
Plasma vitamin C concentrations increased significantly in the VC in response to supplementation and exercise (P<0.05). TAC decreased significantly in Placebo group 24 h after exercise compared to pre-exercise (P<0.05). Although MDA levels were similar between groups at baseline, it increased significantly 2 h after exercise only in the Placebo group (P<0.05). CK increased immediately and 2 h after exercise in both groups and 24 h after exercise only in placebo group compared to pre-exercise (P<0.05). Markers of inflammation (total leukocyte counts, neutrophil counts and IL-6) were increased significantly in response to the exercise (P<0.05). In VC group, there was significant increase in lymphocyte counts immediately after exercise compared with pre-exercise (P<0.05). Serum cortisol concentrations significantly declined after supplementation compared with baseline (P<0.05) as well as declined 2 and 24 h after exercise compared with immediately after exercise in VC group (P<0.05).

CONCLUSION:
VC supplementation prevented endurance exercise-induced lipid peroxidation and muscle damage but had no effect on inflammatory markers.

I was thinking pill form as I know too much ascorbic acid can eat the enamel of your teeth. Powder form doesn't have this effect? Looking forward to your reply with new info. :) Once school is over and a job pops up in Austin that I simply cannot refuse I'll head on over! I'd love to meet your doc as it is! ;)

Oh man, move to Rockstar - I've tried them all and it's my favorite "safe" energy drink by far. There are some others out there with more kick, but they also have a lot of junk in them that's not so good for you with repeated consumption imo.

The problem with chewables is that remnants stay in your teeth until you brush and floss. Chugging a drink won't really have that effect. Lot's of energy drinks contain ascorbic acid.

The problem with chewables is that remnants stay in your teeth until you brush and floss. Chugging a drink won't really have that effect. Lot's of energy drinks contain ascorbic acid.
Good point! I'll have to hunt around for some powder then. :)

Do it immediately post workout. That's when it cortisol gets shot. I've seen it in several, but Tren was up there for sure. There are other factors of course, but that's a main culprit

That could explain a bit :) I figured more carbs would suffice in getting energy post workout, but I'll definitely throw in vit c. Thanks!

Back