Mister69's Log

12\10

Stationary bike- 20 minutes (heart rate ranged from 106-115), moved the resistance slowly up from 1-8

-notes-

I honeslty have no idea why i did cardio, this is the first time i have been to the gym just for cardio is so damn long. Kept it low intensity. Woke up had 24 grams of protein isolate shake and drank 16 oz of green tea. Post cardio i am drinking 100grams of carbs\50 grams of protein and 10 grams of creatine mono.

Last edited:
mister69 said:
12\10

-notes-

I honeslty have no idea why i did cardio, this is the first time i have been to the gym just for cardio is so damn long. Kept it low intensity. Woke up had 24 grams of protein isolate shake and drank 16 oz of green tea. Post cardio i am drinking 100grams of carbs\50 grams of protein and 10 grams of creatine mono.

It may the green tea, that's probably what motivated you to do cardio. There are lots of naturally occuring stimulants in green tea.

May be changing a few exercises in the basic Pullinbig routine so i dont plateau. Lowered the volume a bit, but all exercises will be to complete failure, no screwing around. Calories are being raised cause my problem was not getting enough carbs. So i added some carbs and upped my olive oil w\protein shakes. I will be taking in 2grams protein per 1lb of bodyweight as always. I will be allowing myself 1 cheat meal every few days, mabey a few double burgers etc; other than that its all business. I am going to be listening to my body and stop when joints \and strenght gains come to a stop; no more 12+ weeks straight of heavy hacking away.

Day 1 legs-

Squats - 1x8, 1x4
Cybex Hack squat- 1x20
sldl- 2x10
Ab\aductor- 1x20-30 each
abs 2x20
calf work

Day 2 chest\delts\tris

Flat barbel index finger on rings- 2x6
Incline db's- 2x10-12
Military to chin- 1x10-15
Reverse grip bench- 1x11-15r\p
abs 2x20

Day 3 back\hams\bis

Deads off the floor\sldl- 1x8, 1x4(alternated each week)
abs-2x20
Pull Thrus-2x20
Bent over BB rows- 1x8 (used to do 2 sets, but may try 1 all out set)
Pullovers- 1x15-20 r\p
Preacher curls- 1x10-15
Hammer curls- 1x12

Last edited:
mister69 said:
May be changing a few exercises in the basic Pullinbig routine so i dont plateau. Lowered the volume a bit, but all exercises will be to complete failure, no screwing around. Calories are being raised cause my problem was not getting enough carbs. So i added some carbs and upped my olive oil w\protein shakes. I will be taking in 2grams protein per 1lb of bodyweight as always. I will be allowing myself 1 cheat meal every few days, mabey a few double burgers etc; other than that its all business. I am going to be listening to my body and stop when joints \and strenght gains come to a stop; no more 12+ weeks straight of heavy hacking away.

Day 1 legs-

Squats - 1x8, 1x4
Cybex Hack squat- 1x20 (not sure about foot placement )
sldl- 2x10
Ab\aductor- 1x20-30 each (mabey r\p not sure yet)
abs 2x20
calf work

Day 2 chest\delts\tris

Flat barbel index finger on rings- 2x6
Incline db's- 2x10-12
Military to chin- 1x10-15
Reverse grip bench- 1x10-15
abs 2x20

Day 3 back\hams\bis

Deads off the floor\sldl- 1x8, 1x4(alternated each week)
abs-2x20
Pull Thrus-2x20
Bent over BB rows- 1x8 (used to do 2 sets, but may try 1 all out set)
Pullovers- 1x12-15 (mabey r\p not sure yet)
Preacher curls- 1x10-15
Hammer curls- 1x12

Looks good like PB said you need time to deload you cant go balls to the wall year round

Thanks pullinbig, I am going to see if rest pausing some of the movements like pullovers, ad\abductors, and reverse grip bp works out and my body respods well to it. But as usual my main concern is eating every 2 hours and benching \deadlifts\and squats

Last edited:
smith squats- warmups 135 1x8, 225 1x5, 315 1x1(less warmups now saving energy)
work sets- 1x8 365#, 1x4 425#

cybex hack squat- 1x20 #12

sldl- 1x10 #325, 1x10 #335

aduction- 1x30 #170
abduction- 1x30 r\p #150

hs abs- 1x20 #13, 1x20r\p #13
leg press calf raises- 3x12 6 plates

-DC STRETCHES-
quad- 60 seconds
ham-60 seconds per leg
calves- 6 plates on leg press 60 seconds

-Notes-
Wow is all i have to say, i feel great. I didnt even look at my old #'s i just guessed and went by feel and boom..i killed it today. That 365# on squat was easy and next week i will throw on more 20lbs. I am now doing what i used to do sets of 4 for reps of 8. Thats progress...and i am looking at my legs and they look fuller, but they got a long way to go. The hack squat machine feels great also. Basically all my exercies will add 20lbs next week. I just gotta keep my calories up and keep this next heavy session to something like 4-6 weeks and listne to my body and stop when i slow down and feel run down. I will keep up with the menthol rub on my elbows,knees, shoulders. Ok i have to go and cook up 4lbs of ground beef and put it in containers.

Sounds great, every once in a while a short layoff is necessary. I always overtrained until an Exercise Physiologist showed me the light.

flat(index finger on rings0- 2x4 315#

incline db- #100 1x10, 110# 1x10

Military press- 1x12 #205

Reverse Grip Bench Press- 205# 1x13

hs abs- #13 1x20, 1x20 r\p

-DC STRETCH-
chest- 45lbs db 60 seconds(50lbs db's next week)
shoulder- 60 seconds
tricep- 30lbs db's 60 seconds

-Notes-
Bench strength is a bit down and seems 315# is stuck, but i am not worried cause this time around i should be able to beat it. Incline db's felt good. Reverse grip bench i couldnt get the feel for the exercise, went pinkies on rings and brought the bar right under my nipple..i will see how it goes. Other than that my right elbow\forearm area flared up a bit (tendonitis), i took a longer break between military and triceps and was able to lift. I will apply icy hot as usual to my joints and hope that this elbow heals.

lighten up on your grip when you bench press, that may be the culprit of your tendonitis. I had a similar problem with bench because of tendonitis flare ups, I lightened up on my grip and it really helped.

12\16

deads off the floor- 1x7 #415, 1x3 #455 (all raw with chalk)

Pullthrus- 2x20 #150+ 25lbs strapped to the rack(more weight next week)

Bent over bb rows- 1x8 #315 (w\straps)

Pullovers- #12 16r\p (more weight next week)

Preacher curls- #65 1x13(more weight next week)

Hammer curls- 70lbs db's 1x12
calves- 3x5 #260 standing calf machine
hs abs- #13 1x20, 1x20r\p
crunches- 1x50
hanging knee raises- 1x20

-DC STRETCH-
back- bodyweight 60 seconds
bis- 60 seconds
forearms- 45lbs for 60 seconds
calves- #180 for 60 seconds

-Notes-
No problems with tendonitis (knock on wood). Checked my old deadlift #'s and I beat them, pullin off the blocks and time off helped; the most i have deadlifted for sets. I am still pissed i missed each set by 1 rep but i will pull that in a few weeks def. I weighed in at 194lbs today and that is after my 2 week deload, give me a few weeks and i will fill out agian with my eating habits and heavy lifting and I am confident to say i may be 200lbs soon. The funny thing is I toped off last feb at 193lbs but I look so much better now and leaner...this means i filled out with alot more muscle and look nice and dense. I just have to focus on eating and not missing meals...I will keep my drinking shakes w\olive oil and just eat my whole eggs\red meat and drink whole milk. Hope to bulk thorugh feb.. and see how heavy i can get on my frame. As of last September 04' I was 170lbs so I would say I have made progress that is almost 30lbs :)..(and not using any juice at all..I dont think i am even close to ready for juice cuase i got a ways to go naturaly)

Off to eat

You share the same philosophy as myself, although I will try to continue to bulk until May. I find a longer slower bulking time guarantees leaner gains.

-legs- Tues 12\20

smith squats- 1x6 #385(had to stop because i tweaked my right glute..sharp pain)

Hack squats- just below parallel #13 1x20 (coulnt go any deeper due to my right glute strain)

Pull thrus- 2x12 #80 (once again couldnt do any real weight)

aduction- 1x30 #170
abduction- 1x20 r\p #150

hs abs- 2x12 #13
leg press calves- 6 plates+20lbs 3x12

-DC Stetches-
quad stretch- 60 seconds
ham stretch- 60 seconds
calves- 6 plates for 60 seconds

-Notes-
Tweaked my right glute. It happed on my fist work set of squats, and i had to stop. Its a sharp pain and as soon as i go below parallel it is a sharp pain. I coulndt do sldl's cause it hurt too bad, so the only prosterior movement i could get away with was very very light pull thrus. I tryed to go deeper on hack squats, but i coulndt so i did them just below parallel.

Pissed off is an understatement, i didnt have a good workout.
Hope this heals up so i can do sldl's on friday.

12/22

flat wide bench- 1x5, 1x4 #315

incline wide BB- 1x10, 1x9 #225

Military Smythe- 1x10 70lbs + weight of smythe(more weight next week)

Reverse Grip BP- 1x15 80lbs + weight of smythe(more next week)

Decline situps- 2x20 #25lb+body weight

crunches-1x50

hanging knee raises- 1x25

-DC Stretch-
chest- 50lbs db's for 50 seconds
shoulder- 60 seconds
tricep- 30lbs db's for 60 seconds

-notes-
Back at my gym in my home town. We have the old school smythe machines that weigh a ton, so I was just counting weight added on those two exercises. Db's dont go that high, so i will be doing BB for incline, and a few exercises will be changed due to equipment. I will be back at my university gym on the 2nd. Not sure about my tweaked right glute, might wait till sat to do back..Hope i can hit sldl's.

Last edited:
Back