hammer curls- 75lb db

Standing calf machine- 3x5 #425 standing

-Dc Stretch-
back- 60lb db for 60 seconds
bi- 60 seconds
forearm- 55lbs for 60 seconds
calves- #200 for 60 seconds

-Notes-
Right glute was still sore and couldnt do any prosterior movements. Felt like a waste of a workout because of it, but i tryed to do what I could. Hope i can squat this week.

12\27

I am scheduled for legs tomorrow, but doesnt seem like my glute is fully healed, I might do chest\delts\tris tomorrow and move legs to later in the week.

Or I can do parallel box squats cause when i do go below paralel it doesnt bother my glute.

I gotta make sure to do legs some how.

mister69 said:
12\27

I am scheduled for legs tomorrow, but doesnt seem like my glute is fully healed, I might do chest\delts\tris tomorrow and move legs to later in the week.

Or I can do parallel box squats cause when i do go below paralel it doesnt bother my glute.

I gotta make sure to do legs some how.

Take a break for a couple of days make sure that you are healed

yeah, just took a week off 3 weeks ago, may just not do legs\deadlifts this week (which i dont like doing because I love doing legs and pulling deads.

flat wide bench- 2x5 #315 (up the weight next week)

Incline wide grip- 235# 2x10 (more weight next week)

Incline Smythe- #90 1x10 (more weight next week)

Reverse Grip BP- #100 1x13 (more weight next week)

calves- 3x12 #250 standing calf machine

-DC stretches-

chest- 50lbs for 50 seconds
tris- 30lbs for 60 seconds
shoulders- 60 seconds
calves- #200 for 60 seconds

-Notes-
Good workout, beat my old #'s. Right glute getting better slowly, no legs this week or deadlifts and i am piussed about that. I fucked around with the leg press today and it doesnt bother my glute. SO worse case scenerio if i cant squat on monday I will just do leg presses. Just feeling ancy that i cant train my prosterior.

nice work mister69...and take your time with that injury dont let it get ya down either..just do your best to train around it...also as far as not doing DL how do rack pulls affect your glute...if theres no pain with those you could sub until its healed...just a thought...good luck

Rack pulls still bother me, I am gonna heal 100% and go to town :)

adidamps2 said:
nice work mister69...and take your time with that injury dont let it get ya down either..just do your best to train around it...also as far as not doing DL how do rack pulls affect your glute...if theres no pain with those you could sub until its healed...just a thought...good luck

Dec 31st

hyper extensions- 2x20 bodyweight

t-bar rows freeweight- 180# 2x8

cable high rows- #240 1x6

Pullovers- #70 1x10

preacher curls- #110 1x12

hammer curls- #70db's 1x12

rope pulldown abs- 2x20 #85

-DC Stretches-

back- 60 lbs for 60 seconds

bi- 60 seconds
forearm- 45lbs for 60 seconds

hoenestly, my right glute feels alot better from when i initially hurt it, but worse case scenerio i will just do leg presses or anything that doesnt agrivate it, but we will see.

Just dont want to hurt myself even more and be set back 4+ weeks ya know, but one thing is for sure, after not doing legs last week my legs lost some bloat....weird

Last edited:
glute not healed

1/3

smythe squats- Lots of streching between warmups
warmups-135#2x8, 185# 1x5, 225# 1x5, 315# 1x3(felt that sharp knot in my right glute once again so didnt going into my work sets)

Leg press- 15plates 1x2(felt that knot in my glute so stopped; i was going to do 1x4-8 with this weight then do a 20 repper with less weight but that didnt happen)

ab\aductor- 1x25 each #110

leg extensions- #12 1x35r\p

45 degree hypers- 2x20 #bodyweight
lying leg curls- 1x16 #8

hs abs- 2x20 #11

standing calf raises- 1 pin below rack 3x5

-DC stretches-
quad- 60 seconds
hams- 60 seconds per leg
calves- #180 for 60 seconds

-notes-
basically on 315 warmup on squats i felt the same pain. I moved onto leg press to see if i can do a set of 4-8 then a set of 20 , but once again that sharp pain. I honeslty have no idea what it is,but this is really getting me down and aggrivated. These are the exercises that dont bother me;
-45 degree hypers
-leg extensions
-ab\aductors
-lying leg curls
-calves

This is going to cause a big problem cuase i am going to be having trouble pulling off the floor as well. This takes out the two biggest mass builders squats and deadlifts.
I am going to go eat and cool down.

Last edited:
1/4

flat (index on ring)- #325 1x4, 1x3 (couldnt lock out)

incline(index on rings)- #245 2x9

Military smythe- #225 1x5 (shoulders were fryed!)

Reverse Grip BP- #225 1x12r\p

hs abs machine- 2x20 #11

crunches- 1x50

hanging knee raises- 1x20

-DC STRETCHES-
chest- 50lbs db's for 60 seconds
tris- 30lbs db's for 60 seconds
shoulders- 60 seconds

-notes-
Felt good, beat all my old #'s. Still not sure what to do with my right glute\ham but i may go see a doctor and see whats up....this is really getting to me cause i have made some great gains with my legs over the past year and a half and they finally caught up to my upper body wiht this pullinbig routine. Just dont want my legs to shrink :-0.

Off to cook up some ground beef w\potatoes.

Good one 69, yeah I would go see a doc if it's bothering that bad and doesn't seem to be getting better. I know what you mean about shrinking, I miss one workout and I feel like i've lost 10 pounds. It's a bad mentality to have b/c I sometimes don't listen to my body when it needs a break.

Back