My elbow is killing me .. need some advice!!!!

willypct40

here to learn
Guys for the past month my left elbow has been hurting 24/7. I stopped doing skull crushers(my favorite tricep exercise) and overhead extension. I did some research and I think I may have tennis elbow. I got no health insurance, so a doctor is not option.
Do any of you guys suffer from this shit and what do you do about it?
Any supplements that has help you guys or exercises etc?
I stopped training for almost 2 weeks thinking it was gonna get better but I'm already loosing some muscle,so I got to get back to the gym. any advice always appreciated

Again, i love the avitar. That shiny ass is fuckin great.

Go to the pharmacy or sporting goods store or whatever and get a compression band for lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow). You put that just distal to the origin of the extensor wad where it originates on the lateral condyle of the humerus. If that is the problem it should help.

I would not stop working out, i have not found that to help. I would not do exercises that directly irritate the area. Play with different movements and grip to see if that helps the pain. You can also take some ibuprofen 600mg 3x/day for 2 weeks to knock down the inflammation. I would not go much longer than that though. but do go the full 2 weeks at the theraputic dose. this is not for pain control as much as for decreasing the inflammation.

If it is the tennis elbow it will hurt when you push over the origin of the extensor wad (extensor carpi radialis longus, brevis etc) Also when you extend your wrist with or without rotation. Real common in guys who tap chicks with shiny asses. ;)

Guys for the past month my left elbow has been hurting 24/7. I stopped doing skull crushers(my favorite tricep exercise) and overhead extension. I did some research and I think I may have tennis elbow. I got no health insurance, so a doctor is not option.
Do any of you guys suffer from this shit and what do you do about it?
Any supplements that has help you guys or exercises etc?
I stopped training for almost 2 weeks thinking it was gonna get better but I'm already loosing some muscle,so I got to get back to the gym. any advice always appreciated

ive been having the same thing for a couple months. pain in my elbow and the tendons just below my elbow. it also aches quiet a bit. ive used the tennis elbow strap, it seems to help a little but not enough. doc gave me some inflamation pills and told me to quit lifting for awhile. i asked for a cortiszone shot but she said thats a last resort. because its easy to pop a ligament or tendon in the elbow because it kind of hides the pain before its healed and u might over do it to soon.

multiple repeated corticosteroid injections will be a problem but a single to knock things down is not a problem. Did you go to a family practice doctor? they are more conservative with injections, dont be affrraid to go to orthopaedic surgeon. Will inject more re3adily.

multiple repeated corticosteroid injections will be a problem but a single to knock things down is not a problem. Did you go to a family practice doctor? they are more conservative with injections, dont be affrraid to go to orthopaedic surgeon. Will inject more re3adily.

ya mine was the family doc. i kind of new they wouldnt give me one going in to it.

I'd go see a sports spe and have them do some x rays or mri. I had the same issue with pain and found out I had fractured mine somehow.he gave me some cerberx and told me to take time off to see if it would heal naturally before having to do the shots.it healed and I'm back at it.its not 100% the same but he said it wouldn't be though

No health ins is a drag I m sorry for you man...
At my age I ve accepted there are day s and weeks where what I can do, will dictate, what I will do.
SKull crushers are one the ultimate movements for TRI' S but the amount of stress placed on the stuff nate was discussing is extreme..
For the time being being, use other movement s to keep muscle mass static and not catabolic in this area, however you need to do as advized and train around the movement causing your pain.
I tell the lazy, slobs that work for me with every excuse in the world to not improve on themselves physically, mentally or intellectually..if you want it you will find a way to do it.
If you don t want it you ll find a way to justify not doing it.
I salute your discipline.

I suffered for months with tennis elbow before finally going to an ortho, I got the shot and have been pain free since.

u want to go to tesco and get glucosamine sulphate.fish oil+ and drink lot of milk trust ul notice the difference in bout 1week

I suffered for months with tennis elbow before finally going to an ortho, I got the shot and have been pain free since.

i was in the same boat as nerdalert. went to the ortho and got a shot. so far so good.
i wish i wouldve went about a month ago.

I also have elbow pain. I think it's tricep tendonitis, and I've had to stop doing skull crushers which really blows b/c it's my favorite tri exercise. I've read that Super Cissus Rx is good for these types of problems. Anyone have any experience?

By the way Willypct, is that avatar a g/f of yours or something you found on the web? She is very relevant to my interests...lol

I also have elbow pain. I think it's tricep tendonitis, and I've had to stop doing skull crushers which really blows b/c it's my favorite tri exercise. I've read that Super Cissus Rx is good for these types of problems. Anyone have any experience?

By the way Willypct, is that avatar a g/f of yours or something you found on the web? She is very relevant to my interests...lol

i will jump in and answer for willie, this did come up last week. I think it is ex gf. Said ass is also relevant to my interest. I love that shiny ass brother.

Not to get off topic of the thread, but that ass reminds of Naomi Russell's. I love it when they shine them up. There's a line videos that focuses on such interests. I'll stop there in case there are rules I'm not aware of for discussing this lol.

Def had the same symptoms for over 8 months and finally went for the cort injectioins. Tried the medrol dose packs 3 times first. One pack per month, no good. No ins either, cost 5 bills and some change out of pocket bro for injection!! Helped for about 10 days before it dissolved and back to pain. Prob went on for 6 months. Laid off everything, went PCT and cardio for a few weeks. Still a little ache every now and then but overall much better. Just needed a little rest. 16 years give or take kind of takes a toll. Good luck and hope its nothing major.

I've had elbow pain in two spots, just on the outside of the elbow, right in the place where to two bones meet and also right on the back of the elbow right at the bone. I just, after I see it's going to last for a while, quit working out period for like 3-5 weeks and start back light and slow. Some ppl's agenda though I guess would not work well with that but I am not wanting to be a professional BB so it always works for me. If you are injured, Lay Off!

six days after my corto shot i have a ache in my elbow again. didnt lift any weights either, but over did it at the house. but time to take some time off and let it try to heal

six days after my corto shot i have a ache in my elbow again. didnt lift any weights either, but over did it at the house. but time to take some time off and let it try to heal

That is your best bet! Lay off it. I know it kills you cause you wanna work out and it makes you feel bad cause ur not working out but really, you'll be back to getting proper lifts in if you just lay off immediately at the sign of injury than to carry on and get poor lifts for 3 months and finally take time off anyway. Laying off immediately gets you back in the gym strong, usually, within 3 weeks. Keeping on trying to hit it but maybe light, or less reps or more slowly and light or corti shot and bla bla just prolongs it usually and can make it worse.
My 2 cents.

Back