My friend has his jaw wired shut for 6 weeks. NEED HELP HERE.

evansss

GET BIG
As stated above my friend had his jaw operated on a few days ago. he has it wired shut for 6 weeks. this means strictly liquids for 6 weeks. what can i get him so he doesnt lose a ton of weight. he exercises but does not lift heavy, none the less...im thinking protein powder and a weight gainer...any thing else though?

what did the hospital say about getting food in?

my guess would be protein powder, pasteurized egg whites, olive oil, peanut butter, wheat germ, oatmeal shakes. Liquid vitamins as well:dunno:

i didnt ask him. it was hard enough talking in the first place. right now the swelling in his face is bad enough that i doubt he could even take in oatmeal or peanut butter...for now at least, strictly liquid without too much texture or thickness...

he's gonna lose weight, that's a given. to try and minimize it I'd be throwing down protien shakes with flax and whatever other fats and protein I could sqeeze down. his best friend will be a blender for the next month. good luck to him.

evansss said:
i didnt ask him. it was hard enough talking in the first place. right now the swelling in his face is bad enough that i doubt he could even take in oatmeal or peanut butter...for now at least, strictly liquid without too much texture or thickness...
i meant oatmeal and peanut butter blended into the shakes. unless he cant even handle that.

after a car wreck i had my jaw wired shut for 8 weeks. fucking horrible. lost 37 pounds. best one can do is what has been stated, weight gainer, protein shakes, outside of that, there isn't much. there is a special menu the dentist can give you about grinding up meats and such but it tastes fucking awful. just tell him to hang on and make sure he eats his favorite meal once the wires are off. it'll be the best fucking tasting meal of his life.

i got him a weight gainer/protein combo 600 cals in one scoop and 55 grams of protein. i also got him some liquid vitamins. some mineral of the sea type shit with all the macro and micro shit u really need. i think he'll be ok

Liquid Eggs & weight gainer. I found that Champions Nutrition Heavyweight Gainer to be pretty thin. It's 900 cals per shake.

MPPM said:
he's gonna lose weight, that's a given. to try and minimize it I'd be throwing down protien shakes with flax and whatever other fats and protein I could sqeeze down. his best friend will be a blender for the next month. good luck to him.
I think he'll lose weight also. Very hard to keep size like this. Lot's of Udo's and Olive oil.

I know a guy who drank alot of homo and choc milk like this also.

Ground up Oats
Milk
Banana
Natural Peanut Better
Chocolate Protein Powder

I had one of these yesterday.

I read on the forum that some guy was doing his barbell presses.... he put too much on and he dropped the poundage rite on his face..

musclehouse said:
I read on the forum that some guy was doing his barbell presses.... he put too much on and he dropped the poundage rite on his face..

nope. this kid doesnt lift like that.

Back