my opinion on the arnold

I think also that this is why there is the physique division...if you want to see aesthetic, smaller physiques, then watch those competitions. Whether or not someone is a fan of it, bodybuilding today (as driven by the fans) has become about being 'superhuman' so to speak...how much muscle can one actually pack onto a frame and maintain sub 5% body fat. While it may not be attractive, what Ronnie did was still a hell of an achievement, and like PB said, I still have tons of admiration for these guys - they represent the pinnacle of genetics, nutrition, training, and gear.

Honestly I sometimes wonder whether Arnie and Zane even trained legs that often, because even MY quads are starting to look like the 'overdeveloped' legs you guys talk about, and I'm on cycle 1 lol. IMO many shots of Arnie look very unbalanced - as his upper arm looks bigger than his quadriceps!

Honestly I sometimes wonder whether Arnie and Zane even trained legs that often, because even MY quads are starting to look like the 'overdeveloped' legs you guys talk about, and I'm on cycle 1 lol. IMO many shots of Arnie look very unbalanced - as his upper arm looks bigger than his quadriceps!

I totally agree with you. It was all that damn Tom Platz who changed the leg game... that picture of Platz next to Ferrigno is crazy... I'll post it. Back in the day I think all they really worried about was tight waist, big chest/arms. And I even think it does look good... a tad unbalanced, but when these dudes are rocking 38" legs... how the fawk do they walk around normally?

lzEXv.jpg

I totally agree with you. It was all that damn Tom Platz who changed the leg game... that picture of Platz next to Ferrigno is crazy... I'll post it. Back in the day I think all they really worried about was tight waist, big chest/arms. And I even think it does look good... a tad unbalanced, but when these dudes are rocking 38" legs... how the fawk do they walk around normally?

lzEXv.jpg

Wow! I had actually never seen that pic before! That is just insane! I think Platz was overdeveloped in the quadriceps compared to everything else but HOLY SHIT those wheels were crazy looking!

Wow! I had actually never seen that pic before! That is just insane! I think Platz was overdeveloped in the quadriceps compared to everything else but HOLY SHIT those wheels were crazy looking!

I agree, but the rest of his body couldn't compete with the other dudes, so he started hitten dem legs!

What's funny is Levrone was pushing 260 contest weight...about the same as Jay...so one guy is a freak show and the other isn't, even though they're the same size?

Sorry but Levrone was definitely a mass monster. Shawn didn't weigh as much only because he was short.

bro... one big difference is Jay is 5'8", Kevin is 5'11"... so not even near the same size

Kevin always had a much better v-taper than Jay

bro... one big difference is Jay is 5'8", Kevin is 5'11"... so not even near the same size

Kevin always had a much better v-taper than Jay

Funny, I thought they were about the same height:

Jay:
Bodybuilding.com - Jay Cutler Pro Bodybuilding Profile.

Kevin:
Bodybuilding.com - Kevin Levrone Profile and Pics!

I wasn't arguing that Kevin wasn't more aesthetic as Jay - because I think he was. I was saying they are essentially the same size so you can't call one a freak show and the other not.

They were both mass monsters, that is all.

i like Ronnies back the most in that pic^, Kevin has some awesome delts, Jay has the thickest lats

and i think Wolf got robbed at the Arnold

i like Ronnies back the most in that pic^, Kevin has some awesome delts, Jay has the thickest lats

and i think Wolf got robbed at the Arnold

I agree.

Man if Wolf had some calves and improved his lower lats & hamstrings, unstoppable!

true, i cant wait to see how he does at the Mr. O. The only problem is Phil heath will only improve

my favorite bodybuilder is Kai greene!!!! i like the way he talks about how bodybuilding is a passion and his view on things are awesome!

i think its safe to safe he will be winning this years Mr O. last year he got 3rd this year is 1st!

I think Kai will pull 2nd at the 2012 O and Phil will win again. Unless Phil is off, and Kai is shredded and dry, I don't think Kai will win.

But the guy has an insane physique and philosophy!

Kai will never win. Dude looks like he shoots about 100IU's of growth a day. I've never seen a gut as big as his. Phil looks absolutely insane.

Coleman's was the worst.

i love Kai Greene. I was lucky enough to meet him, truly awesome guy, the way he talks and all

they all have guts man, it's just about who controls it best!

Yeah, I agree. I just feel like I notice Kai's more so than others.

Ronnie's gut is out of control as well. If you compare him against his first Arnold win to his last.... jesus it's sad.

99 Coleman looks fucking insane.

329da-Ronnie_Coleman_63.jpg

Back